Photo

[Guide] How to Find and Use Proxies

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Aozora

Aozora
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:29 PM

Yep, it was that case. But it's working now, the pop up popped up. Many thanks for your guide! 

#52 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:31 PM

Glad it worked for you :D

#53 tmanowen

tmanowen
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

Helpful guide :) Thank you for website links and refreshing my memory :D

#54 Aozora

Aozora
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/ProgramManager.py", line 1192, in run_with_except_hook
  File "threading.pyc", line 505, in run
  File "Programs/1028/ScoreSender.py.nc", line 31, in logRemote
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 126, in urlopen
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 394, in open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 412, in _open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 372, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 1199, in http_open
  File "urllib2.pyc", line 1174, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>

I'm not sure why this occurred? The proxy I was using worked while I was using Chrome, worked for a bit when I was running SS and refuses to work now? D: I'm still able to access the neopets site

#55 spotify95

spotify95
  • 305 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

Just remember to use the proxy checker once you have got the proxy from HMA. i tried a couple without checking And they didn't work. I checked afterwards and they Confirmed to be dead. So always check!

#56 oksana

oksana
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

I use Proxy Switcher. It's convenient

#57 Mikeev

Mikeev
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

This is super helpful! I still obsessively check my IP no matter what though. :p

#58 princesspeach

princesspeach
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

I am new to using proxies and have a question. I am only using a proxy from HMA to log in to neopets. Is there any risk in using a proxy to my overall computer/network security? Basically, am I putting any of my other personal information outside of neopets at risk here? 

Also - does anyone use shells from their regular IP and not get iced?

#59 Daria

Daria

• 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

i usually just find a proxy on hide my ass, enter it into firefox network setting, check my ip address on a website, if it works - then i safely login to neopets on my browser and programs! :)

just have one question - does anyone know how i can change my proxy/ip address in google chrome? 

#60 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2,169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

just have one question - does anyone know how i can change my proxy/ip address in google chrome?

Here you go: https://support.goog...wer/96815?hl=en :)

#61 Daria

Daria

• 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:10 AM

are these proxies supposed to be SUPER DUPER slow? and not load anything at all???

i finally got one to work and made an account on neo.. after about 30 min of refreshing each sign up page because the pictures with the links werent loading properly. i've given up for now because thats the first account i've made in 2 hours D:

#62 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1,394 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:27 AM

are these proxies supposed to be SUPER DUPER slow? and not load anything at all???

i finally got one to work and made an account on neo.. after about 30 min of refreshing each sign up page because the pictures with the links werent loading properly. i've given up for now because thats the first account i've made in 2 hours D:

Yes and yes xD They're public proxies so the quality will be always like that  :ohwell:

#63 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2,169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:46 AM

Yes and yes xD They're public proxies so the quality will be always like that  :ohwell:

I ended up saying "screw this" and just using the Tor browser. It's good for anonymously browsing Neopets/manually joining AC team/manually registering or logging in one by one. And it will definitely keep you anonymous hahaha. Download here: https://www.torproje...wnload/download

#64 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1,394 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:49 AM

I ended up saying "screw this" and just using the Tor browser. It's good for anonymously browsing Neopets/manually joining AC team/manually registering or logging in one by one. And it will definitely keep you anonymous hahaha. Download here: https://www.torproje...wnload/download

That works too :) As well as extentions for Firefox, Chrome. There's plenty of VPN applicaitons if you want to surf neopets with a different ip and so on :p As for the program manager itself you'll need some proxies or a vps located somewhere else with an IP you don't care about :p

#65 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2,169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:57 AM

That works too :) As well as extentions for Firefox, Chrome. There's plenty of VPN applicaitons if you want to surf neopets with a different ip and so on :p As for the program manager itself you'll need some proxies or a vps located somewhere else with an IP you don't care about :p

Heee ok! I'd use Ultrasurf actually...but I've already used it on a shell that I've also used on my regular IP, and that is prolly in other ways traceable back to my main...am checking out the Ultrasurf alternatives thoo. :D

#66 mscg

mscg

• 96 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

i have a question  :D i would need to make a new account to use proxies? in the guide it said to use an account that hasn't been logged in to home IP ... so i better make new shells to be able to use proxies and play in AC?

@ortin

Edited by mscg, 01 June 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#67 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

i have a question  :D i would need to make a new account to use proxies? in the guide it said to use an account that hasn't been logged in to home IP ... so i better make new shells to be able to use proxies and play in AC?

@ortin

Yes, make new accounts for use for proxies.

#68 spotify95

spotify95
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

I use Tor as well sometimes (not for Neopets though). Another good one is the Epic Privacy Browser; that has a proxy built into it as well. Don't know how safe they are but they work for me and don't show my IP address.

Heee ok! I'd use Ultrasurf actually...but I've already used it on a shell that I've also used on my regular IP, and that is prolly in other ways traceable back to my main...am checking out the Ultrasurf alternatives thoo. :D

I've also used Ultrasurf, would recommend. It does get a bit slow sometimes but it's a good choice. It always works!

#69 RedHyena

RedHyena
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

Thanks so much for this, I had no clue how to use proxies beforehand. +rep!

#70 kiuarthur

kiuarthur
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

Hi, I am new here

this may sound like a silly question but i have no clue

if im already logged into an account (using home ip)

then i use proxy and log into another account using another browser

will i be spotted?

basically can we have both accounts login at the same time? as long as i used different ip when i login? or does it track so that i have to log out whenever i change accounts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users