• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

Hi need a bit of CNC as I have come to ahead on my picture so far and thought I would put it out there for some comments on additions or others needed.

Bird.png

Thanks in advance for the cnc.

#2 acrei

acrei
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

wow, this looks really great! :) are you working from a reference? I guess it looks pretty nice so far, except tidiness, which I assume you're gonna take care of- and maybe value adjustments, like the wings look pretty 3 dimensional but the body looks a little /too/ flat even if it's less in the light than the wings are..?? oh and maybe you could just airbrush over the back wing with the same color as the sky on lower opacity to add a teensy bit more depth?? maybe add lighter values to the clouds in the background, too- even if the seagull is the focal point the picture kinda reads a little empty for me, personally, but that might just be me. anyways this looks fabulous, it's simple but really nice, I love it!

#3 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hi thanks for the cnc.

Reference is a picture of a seagull I took on my iphone.  Its all been done with my wacom.

I agree the bird colouring is bugging me and it is leading to it being to flat.  I also agree the clouds look a bit funny maybe I need to add a bit more detail to them.

Thanks for the cnc i will give what you have said a try to see how it comes out.

#4 acrei

acrei
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

hey no problem! C: that's really cool- I assume you're using photoshop? sorry I was kinda vague in exactly HOW to fix the values LOL.. I don't know it looks really subtle but nice atm, just a little underwhelming? maybe emphasize the head of the seagull a bit more with lighter color rather than just blue? idk 0: it looks fabulous so far and I can't wait to see it done :p

#5 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

nice idea as well I will try that thanks.

yeah Photoshop CS6 Portable Extended version with a 10inch Wacom.

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

i like it. it does seem a little flat but it is consistent throughout the whole image so i guess it's part of the style or something. :p perhaps you can detail up the wings even more by drawing more feathers and blur some parts of the birds to suggest motion.

#7 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Nice idea thanks.

Going to work some more on this today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users