• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#76 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

I'm completely okay with hunting animals so long as it isn't having a detrimental effect on the ecosystem they pertain to. You can shoot as many deer as you want in order to keep an ecosystem balanced. Something I do have a problem with is hunting apex predators and keystone species. That completely destroys the delicate balance in any ecosystem.

LEAVE THE BLOODY WOLVES ALONE.

#77 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

I'm completely okay with hunting animals so long as it isn't having a detrimental effect on the ecosystem they pertain to. You can shoot as many deer as you want in order to keep an ecosystem balanced. Something I do have a problem with is hunting apex predators and keystone species. That completely destroys the delicate balance in any ecosystem.

LEAVE THE BLOODY WOLVES ALONE.

Funnily enough, killing the damn wolves is why there's an overabundance of deer.

Speaking of that, the hunters going after the deer need to be more selective of which ones they do kill. They only seem to go after the largest bucks, which in the end means over time deer are going to be smaller and smaller due to the smaller breeding stock being the only ones left.

#78 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

Funnily enough, killing the damn wolves is why there's an overabundance of deer.

Speaking of that, the hunters going after the deer need to be more selective of which ones they do kill. They only seem to go after the largest bucks, which in the end means over time deer are going to be smaller and smaller due to the smaller breeding stock being the only ones left.

That's why I pointed it out :p

Of course! The aim of hunting to "preserve an ecosystem" should be getting an overpopulated species down to sustainable numbers, not to drive them to extinction or decrease their odds of survival (size does matter when confronted by a predator).

#79 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

That's why I pointed it out :p

Of course! The aim of hunting to "preserve an ecosystem" should be getting an overpopulated species down to sustainable numbers, not to drive them to extinction or decrease their odds of survival (size does matter when confronted by a predator).

100% Which is why shark culls are excruciating here in Aus. :(

#80 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Not a hunter myself, but I feel it is totally ok. Torturing and killing animals for no reason, not ok. How do you guys feel about animal test trials for drugs etc?

#81 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

How do you guys feel about animal test trials for drugs etc?

Good question. We should start up a new debate thread.

#82 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Started one, but after realized I didn't do a poll section. I wouldn't know how anyway...

#83 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

my hair is gone

Ew.

#84 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Be a vegetarian.

I recently found out that drinking goat milk and eating goat cheese causes an excess of 'unnecessary' male goat slaughters here in the US, because farmers need the male goat to make milk, but goat meat is more of a novelty or for religious purposes.

#85 evoheyax

evoheyax
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

If there's a valid reason for hunting, hen I'm all for it. But if its just to torture an animal or for not good reason, then it should be a crime. For example, hunting deer in deer season controls the deer population, which is ok. But hunting a elephant for its tusks to make money will hurting the enviroment is wrong.

#86 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

I was strongly anti-hunting when I was younger, but these days I'm pretty ambivalent (as long as it's done responsibly and compassionately). Actually, I'm looking forward to maybe trying venison this fall, my dad's expressed interest in doing some hunting.

#87 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

Buddy here in New Brunswick got a 1500lb Moose. Imagine how much meat that will provide for him and his family. Wonderful!

#88 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

I hunt quail.... They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grub worm population.

Oh, and deer are oversized bunnies that fuck up cars.

#89 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

I hunt quail.... They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grub worm population.

Oh, and deer are oversized bunnies that fuck up cars.

I swear, the deer around here must target cars. I've had one run into the side of my car--while it was stopped at a light. How does that even happen? :| Poor dumb things.

#90 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

I actually wish Canada allowed more geese hunting. Those things are freaking annoying.

#91 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

I usually do not condone hunting for sport and only see it as a necessary action for survival.

However when it comes to Canadian Geese in my area, I think I'm willing to make an exception...

#92 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

I usually do not condone hunting for sport and only see it as a necessary action for survival.

However when it comes to Canadian Geese in my area, I think I'm willing to make an exception...

Canada Geese, not Canadian.

#93 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'm ok with hunting animals so long as you use there bodies for something other than being stuffed 

#94 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

Canada Geese, not Canadian.

I thought it was Canadian. My bad. :p. They're still annoying though.

#95 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

I thought it was Canadian. My bad. :p. They're still annoying though.

Canada goose is a specific species. Canadian geese mostly just play hockey.

#96 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

I don't think that there is any problem with hunting. As long as regulations are followed, hunting certain species can allow other species to prosper. What's better than a meal and allowing other species to prosper? Ill take my jerkey, please. 

#97 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

I don't think that there is any problem with hunting. As long as regulations are followed, hunting certain species can allow other species to prosper. What's better than a meal and allowing other species to prosper? Ill take my jerkey, please. 

There's a lot wrong with allowing another species to prosper. Entire ecosystems get out of whack by allowing other species to prosper.

#98 jrr

jrr
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm for hunting. I live on a farm and used to have around 50 chickens which were attacked by foxes and killed.

#99 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

There's a lot wrong with allowing another species to prosper. Entire ecosystems get out of whack by allowing other species to prosper.

The limits and regulations have been set so that nothing gets out of whack. thats the purpose of the regulations. I shouldn't say prosper, I should have said it prevents one species from dominating and destroying another species. 

#100 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hunting humans might be better since humans are completely useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users