Quantcast

Photo

July MOTM - Voting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

Poll: July MOTM (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should be July's Member of the Month?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

This is a tough one 0.o can I vote for them all?

beearebee, making multiple accounts. Don't tell mods.

#27 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

I voted based on the month. 
I have appreciated all members posts but I think I'm going to have my own circle jerk aside from the main one and vote for Futurama.
Like I said, appreciated all posts from all members but I think years of contribution should have their own recognition and MOTM is not the place for it?
Whoever gets it deserves it either way. =) 

For the empire. 

#28 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

tl;dr circle jerk

#29 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Rob! King of the Toss.

salad.

That is all. 

#30 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

"of the month". lol

Because it's a monthly award.... That doesn't mean the criteria is based only on who excelled that month alone. I don't see where it ever said that. 

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

Mind-boggling.

#32 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

My bad boy image is going out of the window. :/

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

#33 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Because it's a monthly award.... That doesn't mean the criteria is based only on who excelled that month alone. I don't see where it ever said that. 

To be fair, you could argue it's kinda inferred through the name... "Member of the month"

#34 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

To be fair, you could argue it's kinda inferred through the name... "Member of the month"

True.. it could be argued, but ultimately only the people who applied this feature know whether or not that was intended to be taken so literally. I happen to be one of those people so I can say with confidence that no, contributions in the current month are not part of the criteria. :p Maybe that should be posted somewhere so people are not ignoring past contributions. @Keil @Emily @Strategist @Sweeney

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

True.. it could be argued, but ultimately only the people who applied this feature know whether or not that was intended to be taken so literally. I happen to be one of those people so I can say with confidence that no, contributions in the current month are not part of the criteria. :p Maybe that should be posted somewhere so people are not ignoring past contributions. @Keil @Emily @Strategist @Sweeney

:nsp: This is an officially cosigned post :nsp:

#36 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

True.. it could be argued, but ultimately only the people who applied this feature know whether or not that was intended to be taken so literally. I happen to be one of those people so I can say with confidence that no, contributions in the current month are not part of the criteria. :p Maybe that should be posted somewhere so people are not ignoring past contributions. 

Yeah, I think it's important to outline the criteria as that's not mentioned anywhere. Also, a number of the reasons behind @Keil being nominated & winning last month was because of his work in that month for the AC, so I can definitely see the confusion.

Right now it just seems like an award for staff members because of course they're going to be the ones who contribute the most overall :p

#37 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

Right now it just seems like an award for staff members because of course they're going to be the ones who contribute the most overall  :p

My thoughts exactly. Good luck to the 3 nominees!

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, I think it's important to outline the criteria as that's not mentioned anywhere. Also, a number of the reasons behind @Keil being nominated & winning last month was because of his work in that month for the AC, so I can definitely see the confusion.

Right now it just seems like an award for staff members because of course they're going to be the ones who contribute the most overall  :p

Which is why they can only win once per 6 months, which I think is pretty fair. :p

#39 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

There could always be two categories every month. One for us lowly members, and one for the staff, that way it seems more fair?

Then again people would complain either way, so whatever.

Which is why they can only win once per 6 months, which I think is pretty fair. :p

Also this.

#40 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

There could always be two categories every month. One for us lowly members, and one for the staff, that way it seems more fair?

Then again people would complain either way, so whatever.

Also this.

I still stand by my original post in this thread: I think MOTM should be for month-on-month contributions and we should have other awards / the Codies to recognise staff / consistent contributors.

But I have a sneaky feeling that things will just stay as they are for a very long time :p

#41 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

3 mods, 2 admins, and a private leader... 6 people, 6 months.

Spoiler

#42 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

But I have a sneaky feeling that things will just stay as they are for a very long time :p

There will always be the sucking up and the circle jerks no matter what you do. It's sort of why I'm of the mind to think awards like Member of the Month should be solely selected by staff, to sort of prevent that a bit.

Give this system a chance, though. If it turns out to be a problem I'm sure it'll be changed.

#43 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

There will always be the sucking up and the circle jerks no matter what you do. It's sort of why I'm of the mind to think awards like Member of the Month should be solely selected by staff, to sort of prevent that a bit.

Give this system a chance, though. If it turns out to be a problem I'm sure it'll be changed.

Solely selected by staff?! Have you lost your damn mind?  :unsure:

#44 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

Solely selected by staff?! Have you lost your damn mind?  :unsure:

To me they just seem like the least likely to bandwagon or select someone based on criteria that doesn't really match up with the award. I'm sorry if you think I've "lost my damn mind" for believing so.

#45 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

To me they just seem like the least likely to bandwagon or select someone based on criteria that doesn't really match up with the award. I'm sorry if you think I've "lost my damn mind" for believing so.

That is a lot of faith you're instilling right there...

#46 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

voted for jeremy. :)

3 mods, 2 admins, and a private leader... 6 people, 6 months.

you forgot one admin. :p

#47 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

voted for jeremy. :)

you forgot one admin. :p

Did I?

#48 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Did I?

I'd guess he means Hydro but obviously he's taken more of an "owner" role as of late :p

#49 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

I'd guess he means Hydro but obviously he's taken more of an "owner" role as of late :p

I'm sure he'll end up being nominated next month as well :p

#50 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

I'm sure he'll end up being nominated next month as well :p

That is the type of thing I could understand people being upset about.. No offence to him or Cody. :p
Strat, Keil, and Waser are hardly in the same league as them in terms of activity though. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users