Quantcast

Photo

July MOTM - Voting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

Poll: July MOTM (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should be July's Member of the Month?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#51 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

I didn't forget anyone.

#52 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Strat, Keil, and Waser are hardly in the same league as them in terms of activity though. 

Yup, totally agreed on that point and think it's something that should be duly noted...

I didn't forget anyone.

:rofl:

#53 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

Honestly, I just voted for Waser because I always wanted to have a badger as a pet.

If he wins this maybe I can finally convince my mom and rest of the family that they make nice house pets.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but it's a free vote and I've been waiting for a badger pet for more than two decades. 

#54 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

Honestly, I just voted for Waser because I always wanted to have a badger as a pet.

If he wins this maybe I can finally convince my mom and rest of the family that they make nice house pets.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but it's a free vote and I've been waiting for a badger pet for more than two decades. 

At least you're honest.

#55 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

Can I nominate Athayde for being the only funny member on the board?

#56 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Can I nominate Athayde for being the only funny member on the board?

You could consider making a Frizzle award?

#57 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

I'd just award that to myself.

#58 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

I was always under the impression that Member of the Month was supposed to be awarded to active members that have contributed something worthwhile for that month, not overall... :/ Like it has been said, the overall contributions should be reserved more for the more seasonal awards (the Codies).

#59 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Because it's a monthly award.... That doesn't mean the criteria is based only on who excelled that month alone. I don't see where it ever said that. 

I saw you voted for Waser last month too :3. I just felt like the title sort of implied it was an award for the member who did the most/best/whatever you want to say during that particular month. Obviously Waser has done a fucking ton. Even just compiling an image database to always pick out the M.Pic winners is 10x more than anyone else has done.

I was always under the impression that Member of the Month was supposed to be awarded to active members that have contributed something worthwhile for that month, not overall... :/ Like it has been said, the overall contributions should be reserved more for the more seasonal awards (the Codies).

Basically this is what I was thinking from the beginning. :o

#60 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

I guess we had differing views on that when we started the whole thing then, awks. lol 
Whatever the case may be, all three of the current nominees deserve it. 

I saw you voted for Waser last month too :3. I just felt like the title sort of implied it was an award for the member who did the most/best/whatever you want to say during that particular month. Obviously Waser has done a fucking ton. Even just compiling an image database to always pick out the M.Pic winners is 10x more than anyone else has done.

Basically this is what I was thinking from the beginning. :o

I understand but if that's the case then Jeremy really hasn't done much for the month of July lol All his work for the AC was during June. :p

#61 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I guess we had differing views on that when we started the whole thing then, awks. lol
Whatever the case may be, all three of the current nominees deserve it.

I agree with this, those three do deserve some form of recognition indeed :) We will discuss this further among the staff team and come up with a concrete set of guidelines to avoid any further confusion :)

#62 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

I understand but if that's the case then Jeremy really hasn't done much for the month of July lol All his work for the AC was during June. :p

I feel like July MOTM should recognize actions in June

June recognized actions in May

August recognizes actions in July

I mean it's hard to say who has stood out the most in July when we've barely just begun the month.

#63 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

I mean it's hard to say who has stood out the most in July when we've barely just begun the month.

Derp yeah I didn't really think of that lmao
Tomato tomato.

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

I think it's actually meant to mean that but it's just worded wrong.

#65 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'm glad I wasn't misunderstanding...

We should clarify this in next months MOTM I think.

#66 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

I'm glad I wasn't misunderstanding...

We should clarify this in next months MOTM I think.

It will be.

#67 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I voted for @Futurama ultimately, and it was for the fatabulous reasons provided in my nomination. This is in NO WAY meant to demean at all the uber awesomeness of both @MichaelA and @Waser Lave though! Just wanted to put my 2 cents in regarding whom I voted for and why. :)

Also...damn, @Strategist, that's an awesome siggie!

Edited by Kord, 09 July 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#68 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

So people aren't voting for @Futurama solely because they don't like him for whatever reason.. not because of all the contributions he made during the AC you know.. which was last month.. which we are currently voting on..

and just voting for Waser to suck up it to him or whatever

at least be honest about it, lol

I'm going to vote on the contributions made last month, not overall. Jeremy spent A LOT of time with the AC and SS stuff, and while I agree that Waser does a lot of site stuff, this isn't an award for staff members alone.

#69 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

So people aren't voting for @Futurama solely because they don't like him for whatever reason.. not because of all the contributions he made during the AC you know.. which was last month.. which we are currently voting on..

and just voting for Waser to suck up it to him or whatever

at least be honest about it, lol

That's sort of what happens when you let the masses vote in stuff like this. It's always a popularity or suck up contest.

#70 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

That's sort of what happens when you let the masses vote in stuff like this. It's always a popularity or suck up contest.

Well, there was a confusion of the criteria between the people who created MOTM. How the hell are we supposed to know how to vote?  :huh:

#71 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Well, there was a confusion of the criteria between the people who created MOTM. How the hell are we supposed to know how to vote?  :huh:

That was a miscommunication, and it's been corrected for future months. You can lay off on them already. :/

#72 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

That was a miscommunication, and it's been corrected for future months. You can lay off on them already. :/

I'm just saying I don't know how to vote this time round now.

#73 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

You're telling me you can't make a legitimate choice based on the arguments for and against all the nominees in the thread? <_<

#74 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

The voting is always difficult, but that's to be expected when the three who make it to the final vote are people who are terrific contributors...in that sense, the system does seem to "work" (from my perspective anyway).

On a note intended to (hopefully?) lighten things up in here, I really love that Badger award though and would love one...but nah I don't kiss ass for stuff, and I sincerely don't think that ass-kissing is the majority mode of how folks function here.

*please don't throw things at me, anyone who takes issue with my thoughts*

Edited by Kord, 09 July 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#75 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

I really love that Badger award though and would love one...but nah I don't kiss ass for stuff

It wouldn't help you get it anyway. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users