• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#51 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

This thing about real women are the ones with curves is total bullshit. Real women have a vagina and that is enough to be one (at least that's what I learnt at school).

#52 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Nah, I've seen photos of you, you're lovely. <3 

Back off, yeah?  :shifty:

#53 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Thank you. I seriously despise anyone who judges others, including myself, on food choices. That is none of your business.. that person is getting energy to continue their day, not to appease your sensibilities about food.

Woman at my old work used to actually snatch things out of my hands to read the ingredients/calories/fat content etc. Fuck off, I am 25 years old and trying to enjoy a packet of Iced Gems, leave me be.

#54 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Woman at my old work used to actually snatch things out of my hands to read the ingredients/calories/fat content etc. Fuck off, I am 25 years old and trying to enjoy a packet of Iced Gems, leave me be.

Exactly! A girl commented on an energy drink I was having one morning, she said "OMG, you know those things are so bad for you rite?!" 

Like bitch I'm trying my best to stay awake and listen to your sorry ass, you best back off before I pour this on you :p

#55 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Nah, I've seen photos of you, you're lovely. <3 Fuck the haters.

People who comment on food choices are the worst. I happen to LIKE salad, it's nothing to do with my weight, some salads are delicious and junk food makes me feel sluggish and awful.

I completely agree with you. I have a delicate digestive system and salads always make me feel good. Foods with high fat/high protein always make me feel horrible instead. I cannot eat large quantities of meat for that reason and most dairy makes me uhh... very sick. Mind you, I do eat burgers, but eating something from McDonalds makes me feel like there's a brick in my stomach.

#56 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Not everyone is as self-posessed as you are, prbm :(

Why not? It's easy. All you have to do is be honest with yourself about yourself. And try to be confident, because you're pretty great... but not TOO confident, because you're not THAT great.

Wow, I honestly just assumed you were a guy. Learning something new everyday!

As for the song, I think that yes, it's slut shaming. And I don't think it's justified, HOWEVER: in my personal journey of going from a healthy posture to a fat whale figure, I feel like I have gotten waaayy more criticism for being fat (both insults like "fattie!" and 'compliments' like "Wow, you lost a lot of weight, you look a lot better now!" <= which automatically confirms that being fat is considered absolutely hideous). So no, it's not okay to go skinny shaming, but in the vast sea of fat-shaming I hardly think this song should be considered an issue...

Everyone always thinks I'm a guy. Must be because I sound like an asshole.

You need to make her understand everybody has their own qualities, that's what makes everybody unique.

Yup. We're all not meant to be glamorous movie stars. The things about myself that are different from other people are the things I like most about myself. Anyway. I like you in both of your fat and skinny pics because you're smiling in both.

#57 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think it'd be much more healthy if we tried to realise that physical appearance really doesn't matter that much at all.

Ehh...that's a bit naive.

#58 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Ehh...that's a bit naive.

There is a difference between naivete and idealism.

#59 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

There is a difference between naivete and idealism.

So long as you acknowledge it's wishful thinking I suppose.

#60 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

How about we all agree you're all hot and I would like to stick my penis in all of you. Especially the men.

#61 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Woah now.

#62 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

How about we all agree you're all hot and I would like to stick my penis in all of you. Especially the men.

I'm sure that makes everyone feel much better about their cellulite.

#63 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm sure that makes everyone feel much better about their cellulite.

Holy crap! You can say the C-word here??

cellulite cellulite cellulite cellulite cellulite...

#64 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

cellulite cellulite cellulite cellulite cellulite...

LOL AN ECHO.

Yeah, something about our fat globs being horizontal. Can't help that, so I'm certainly not gonna worry about it.

#65 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

On a mildly related note, I hate it when someone mentions that they're trying to lose weight and everyone's like "WTF you don't need to lose weight, you're skinny, you're beautiful, you're perfect the way you are, blah blah blah"

It's like our society is so scared of accidentally giving someone an eating disorder that we try to discourage people from losing weight.  No wonder people fail so often.

#66 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

It's like our society is so scared of accidentally giving someone an eating disorder that we try to discourage people from losing weight.  No wonder people fail so often.

Yeah, sometimes I'm afraid someone will get offended when someone else tells them "Have you lost weight?" because what if they haven't? Or what if they have and it's due to malnourishment? I always try to ease the tension with a reply of "YEAH! BETWEEN THE EARS!"

#67 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Okay. I'm going to go on a pointless rant, and it's not really pertaining to this. Feel free not to read this. 

I personally, have no problem with girls that are skinny. I myself, am probably a little more slender than the girl in the video, so whatever. It took me awhile to come to this viewpoint, but I love my body, sure, I could probably manage to lose a few pounds, but whatever, I don't care. I do watch what I eat, and don't let myself get out of control. Sure, if I'm having a bad day, I might treat myself to something nice, but I keep it in check. Even when I weighed 115 lbs (I'm 5'10"), I still could not fit into pants smaller than a 7, it's just not in my body. It's not my fault, I could not have an ounce of fat, and still not fit into anything smaller than a size 5. It bothered me at the time, but I came to terms with it. 

I got a lot off my point. Essentially, I don't see why it's such a big deal, unless you're morbidly obese, and even then, someone will find you attractive, maybe not as many people, but whatever. I can see a super thin girl wearing one of those cut up shirts that pretty much just cover her tits. I can't get away with that, but I can wear leggings and a tanktop like a boss, and I get hit on just as much as some of my smaller friends, by equally cute guys. I will admit, yes, I get a small tinge of jealousy that they can wear those and I can't, but it's not really something I can help. It's more of a "damn, I wish i could pull that off", but then I realize that a lot of them probably want an hourglass shape like I have, sometimes, and wish they could wear what I can get away with it.

I have a larger friend who always rants about people not hitting on her as much, but bitch, it's because you're annoying. You sit there, at the party, and bitch (loudly) at the fact that you wish you were more attractive, smaller, that guys would hit on you more, and then scream about how much you love weed. Guys know not to put their dick in crazy, and she looks fabulous in the outfits she wears. Guys don't want you not because you're bigger, there are plenty of guys that hit on her, but if they don't look like a greek god, she turns them down, and there are plenty of cute guys that hit on her. 

I give her credit, though, she works out every day. We went to the gym together, she ran five miles without stopping, I was walking after half a mile, her body just looks like that, she won't ever be small. But she expects way more than she can get, and she constantly bitches about these tiny girls that don't work as hard as she does. Which is true, she puts a lot of work into herself, and tries, but you gotta deal with the cards handed to you, and work what you have. Guys will appreciate confidence. 

Okay, I probably sound mean, and this had little do with your posts, but that bitch has ruined so many good nights for me. It doesn't help that she's drunk off of one glass of wine, and then cries while my friends and I are stone cold sober and trying to chug straight alcohol just to deal with her feelings. So many ruined nights.

Edited by sixkitties, 10 July 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#68 Soulsucker

Soulsucker
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Not all people have choice in their body types.

I have a friend who is skinny and even though she eats a lot to try to gain weight, she still doesn't. And yes, guys approach her for it.

I also have a friend who has to work extra hard to lose weight and is naturally big-boned. She says it's the genes.

Both of these friends are wonderful and amazing people who have boyfriends who like them the way they are. Of course, there are also people who say bad things about their body type.

I think all body types should be respected. I don't ask for everyone to think of all body types as beautiful as I understand that people have different preferences. Still, respect for all body types is a must. 

Edited by Soulsucker, 10 July 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#69 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

People who comment on food choices are the worst. I happen to LIKE salad, it's nothing to do with my weight, some salads are delicious and junk food makes me feel sluggish and awful.

Being pregnant has really amplified this for me. It's literally the worst of both. I have people trying to shove food down my throat saying "Come on FILL UP! You're eating for two now!!" and then I get the people who see me eating a bag of potato chips and they're like "YOU SHOULDN'T BE EATING THAT! WHATEVER YOU EAT YOUR BABY EATS TOO!" Oh really? I wasn't aware.. Good thing it's a bag of chips and not like.. I don't know... alcohol or drugs? lol

#70 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

I think all body types should be respected. I don't ask for everyone to think of all body types as beautiful as I understand that people have different preferences. Still, respect for all body types is a must. 

This ^^^^ I don't even like fat or 'curvy', I actually prefer thinner women (and men). But people really don't realize that there's more bodytypes than fat and thin. Plus, the people that say "You're fat just eat less it's like super easy hurr durr" obviously never had to diet before. Sure, there are the people who just can't contain themselves and eat whole shelves of burgers and chips and whatnot, but I think people underestimate the amount of dieters who really struggle with their weight WHILE eating perfectly healthy. If it's "such a small percentage that actually has trouble losing weight and it's super easy" then why is still 1/3 of the population overweight? Because obviously it's a piece of cake (or not).

Being pregnant has really amplified this for me. It's literally the worst of both. I have people trying to shove food down my throat saying "Come on FILL UP! You're eating for two now!!" and then I get the people who see me eating a bag of potato chips and they're like "YOU SHOULDN'T BE EATING THAT! WHATEVER YOU EAT YOUR BABY EATS TOO!" Oh really? I wasn't aware.. Good thing it's a bag of chips and not like.. I don't know... alcohol or drugs? lol

Gosh, I really hate that indeed. People ALWAYS feel the need to scrutinize me for my food choices, especially when they know I'm trying to lose weight. When I get toasties, people scream "Omaigod do you know how much fat is in there?? Stop eating that!!" and when I eat a salad people sigh "You and your stupid salads, you're never gonna lose weight like that, especially not with those potatoes in it". Could you fucking not? At least I'm trying you lazy sack of shit. I bet I'm eating and excersizing a lot healthier than most naturally thin people, even though I'm fat as fuck.

#71 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

On a mildly related note, I hate it when someone mentions that they're trying to lose weight and everyone's like "WTF you don't need to lose weight, you're skinny, you're beautiful, you're perfect the way you are, blah blah blah"

I don't think that being fat is necessary a sign that your health is fucked, you can have a few extra pounds and be much more healthier than a really skinny person. If the person is alreay skinny, what is the problem to tell her/him? It's not okay if the person really need to lose weight, but if it's just insecurity, telling "you are beautiful" can make the person think twice.

Yup. We're all not meant to be glamorous movie stars. The things about myself that are different from other people are the things I like most about myself. Anyway. I like you in both of your fat and skinny pics because you're smiling in both.

Thank you very much. <3 I was happy back then, but the feeling of being able to actually choose my clothes now is wonderful.

#72 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

I hate how people treat pregnant women. You're on your third child. You know what you're doing by now. You know what makes you feel best. It's none of their fucking business. 

#73 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

This type of thing pisses me off. I find myself subconsciously hating people posting those memes on facebook saying "no one likes a twig" or something. What the hell? It is the same thing with some feminists and equal rights supporters. To say women are better than men is to propagate the same problem they think they are fighting. Same with race etc. Can't we as a society be ok with skinny and fat people (other than when either goes to the unhealthy extreme yada yada yada). 

#74 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

This type of thing pisses me off. I find myself subconsciously hating people posting those memes on facebook saying "no one likes a twig" or something. What the hell? It is the same thing with some feminists and equal rights supporters. To say women are better than men is to propagate the same problem they think they are fighting. Same with race etc. Can't we as a society be ok with skinny and fat people (other than when either goes to the unhealthy extreme yada yada yada). 

I'm sorry, but feminism is not about women being better than men, it's about "we are the same, so we deserve the same rights". If the feminists you know tell you that we are better, they are wrong.

#75 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

I don't think that being fat is necessary a sign that your health is fucked, you can have a few extra pounds and be much more healthier than a really skinny person.

I love it when this happens. This lady who is probably 5'2" comes into the office not as much as she should. But she ways 80 pounds wet. Her BP? Doesn't shock me when her systolic is 180+. She is a chain smoker and a non-compliant patient, but weight isn't always indicative of health. It absolutely can be, but it is more your lifestyle. Another dude came in recently, and his labs showed that his triglycerides were >10,000. wtf? They couldve been a million for all we know. The lab said it looked like friggen butter when they drew it. He wasn't especially overweight. But we sent his lipase-y ass to the ER for IV meds. 

Sometimes, it is good to judge people. Other times, mind yo own damn bidness.

I'm sorry, but feminism is not about women being better than men, it's about "we are the same, so we deserve the same rights". If the feminists you know tell you that we are better, they are wrong.

Exactly. Which is why I think I said some. You look at the speeches or writings of tons of feminists though, (or even political leaders trying to buy the female vote) you will often see "women are better than men" as the theme. Which is stupid! Are women better than men at some things? Yes, and vice versa. Are some women better fits into the typically masculine role than some men? Absolutely and vice versa. I just bugs me when it resorts to a this gender, race, body figure is better than another. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bog nudes, gross, dont click

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users