• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#76 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I love it when this happens. This lady who is probably 5'2" comes into the office not as much as she should. But she ways 80 pounds wet. Her BP? Doesn't shock me when her systolic is 180+. She is a chain smoker and a non-compliant patient, but weight isn't always indicative of health. It absolutely can be, but it is more your lifestyle. Another dude came in recently, and his labs showed that his triglycerides were >10,000. wtf? They couldve been a million for all we know. The lab said it looked like friggen butter when they drew it. He wasn't especially overweight. But we sent his lipase-y ass to the ER for IV meds.
Sometimes, it is good to judge people. Other times, mind yo own damn bidness.

Exactly. Which is why I think I said some. You look at the speeches or writings of tons of feminists though, (or even political leaders trying to buy the female vote) you will often see "women are better than men" as the theme. Which is stupid! Are women better than men at some things? Yes, and vice versa. Are some women better fits into the typically masculine role than some men? Absolutely and vice versa. I just bugs me when it resorts to a this gender, race, body figure is better than another.

Your posts make me feel dum dum.

#77 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Sorry. 

Dem skinny folks still a hot mess.

Better? If not, here, have some gum gum.  ;)

#78 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

What are triglecydes and why should they not look like butter?

(But yes I did get the jist that weight is not the overall health indicator that it's thought of :p)

#79 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Your posts make me feel dum dum.

Tiny woman has high blood pressure. Average guy has high cholesterol. Either is bad.

#80 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

What are triglecydes and why should they not look like butter?

It's like fat in your blood, and you really don't want butter in your blood. :p

#81 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

That's just making me hungry now...

#82 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

*What would go good with my butter blood? Mashed potatoes? Corn on the cob?*

#83 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

This is making me want to lick the inside of a popcorn bag. I was addicted to that when I was 10. I was one of those freakishly skinny kids who ate terribly. It wasn't until 2 years ago I finally gained weight to put me in a not weird weight range...

#84 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

This is making me want to lick the inside of a popcorn bag. I was addicted to that when I was 10. I was one of those freakishly skinny kids who ate terribly. It wasn't until 2 years ago I finally gained weight to put me in a not weird weight range...

That happened to me.. kinda.. 
I used to be really skinny and I ate junk food without gaining any weight. I had a baby and still dropped back down to nothing afterwards. Then when I was like 20 it caught up to me and now I have to actually do stuff to maintain my desired weight.

#85 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

This song is like any crappy rap song out there now a days. 3 lines of lyrics, 63 lines of chorus.

I'm just commenting on how the song is structured. Not the meaning of it.

Edited by Futurama, 11 July 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#86 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

That happened to me.. kinda..
I used to be really skinny and I ate junk food without gaining any weight. I had a baby and still dropped back down to nothing afterwards. Then when I was like 20 it caught up to me and now I have to actually do stuff to maintain my desired weight.

This just in, teenager has high metabolism.

#87 Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

I think it's a pretty poor example of body positivity :/

^ John Legend just did a video that does a significantly better job of it. 

I'm pretty damn fat and I know there's a lot of hate surrounding us fat kids but at the same time, there is absolutely no reason to make fun of other people for it. It's a really toxic way of dealing with your own pain.

#88 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

I love it when this happens. This lady who is probably 5'2" comes into the office not as much as she should. But she ways 80 pounds wet. Her BP? Doesn't shock me when her systolic is 180+. She is a chain smoker and a non-compliant patient, but weight isn't always indicative of health. It absolutely can be, but it is more your lifestyle. Another dude came in recently, and his labs showed that his triglycerides were >10,000. wtf? They couldve been a million for all we know. The lab said it looked like friggen butter when they drew it. He wasn't especially overweight. But we sent his lipase-y ass to the ER for IV meds. 

Sometimes, it is good to judge people. Other times, mind yo own damn bidness.

Exactly. Which is why I think I said some. You look at the speeches or writings of tons of feminists though, (or even political leaders trying to buy the female vote) you will often see "women are better than men" as the theme. Which is stupid! Are women better than men at some things? Yes, and vice versa. Are some women better fits into the typically masculine role than some men? Absolutely and vice versa. I just bugs me when it resorts to a this gender, race, body figure is better than another. 

Do you work in a lab? I'm a biomedicine student and I'm pretty scared of this TAG guy. How is that even possible, seriously?

I believe everybody can be better at something that another person can't. That's all. It's not about being men or women, it's about your personal interests and habilities.

#89 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Do you work in a lab? I'm a biomedicine student and I'm pretty scared of this TAG guy. How is that even possible, seriously?

Family doctor's office. That dude was ridiculous. Until this guy, the highest the providers had seen was around 3500, which is still terrible. TERRIBLE. But this dude came out of nowhere. So, now he is diabetic. Last time he came in his trigs were 5000, and everyone was happy. o_0

#90 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

There's a healthy weight range. (I fall outside of this)

If you're too big, and uncomfortable, do something about it. 

If you're too skinny, and uncomfortable, do something about it. 

If someone makes a comment about your size (too big, too small) and it upsets you, do something about it. 

If your size stops you doing anything you want to, do something about it. 

As for this song, I see no problem with a "bigger girl" (she's not that big IMO) being proud of having boobs and an arse. 

#91 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

If someone makes a comment about your size (too big, too small) and it upsets you, do something about it.

I don't gotta do shit.

#92 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

I don't gotta do shit.

You can always hit the person and say "take care of your own fucking life" : p

#93 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

You can always hit the person and say "take care of your own fucking life" : p

I normally do not resort to physical violence. I'm a verbal abuser. But your signature inspires me to slap a child.

#94 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

I normally do not resort to physical violence. I'm a verbal abuser. But your signature inspires me to slap a child.

If the kid is talking shit, why not? : p I hate children, usually I ignore them, unless they try to make physical contact with my hair

#95 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

I'm abit late to the discussion but there's something interesting in all the talk around this thread.

Tbh like some people noticed, 'fat-shaming' is a much bigger issue compared to the vice versa. I mean, we see so many cases of how our society values skinny looking individuals rather than moderately-looking/plump people and its something that deserves much more attention. It's definitely true that we should not be judging anyone based on body size but the issue about putting down skinny people isn't something which we need to focus more into.

#96 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'm abit late to the discussion but there's something interesting in all the talk around this thread.

Tbh like some people noticed, 'fat-shaming' is a much bigger issue compared to the vice versa. I mean, we see so many cases of how our society values skinny looking individuals rather than moderately-looking/plump people and its something that deserves much more attention. It's definitely true that we should not be judging anyone based on body size but the issue about putting down skinny people isn't something which we need to focus more into.

The aim of the body-postitivity movement is not "don't be mean to fat people", it's "don't shame people for their body type". Society's over-sexualisation of the skinny body form is just as harmful to skinny people as it is to chubbier people. Putting down skinny people doesn't help fix the problem - it makes it worse. Especially when it's done in the name of body-positivity.

#97 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Well I dunno, I'd rather have a bunch of anorexics running around than fatties. Fatties cost the NHS
Too much.

#98 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Well I dunno, I'd rather have a bunch of anorexics running around than fatties. Fatties cost the NHS
Too much.

Probably not going to be doing a whole lot of running around if they're anorexic. ;) I always figure that as long as you aim to be healthy it doesn't really matter what shape you are considering that there are large fit people and thin unfit people. :/

#99 Shisha

Shisha
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

I don't really think she is fat shaming...

I think she is just saying that if you are curvy, to not be upset that you aren't skinny.

And the part that says "I'm bringing booty back, go on and tell them skinny bitches that, nah I'm just playing, I know you think your fat."

Has brought up A LOT of controversies. But right after that she says "But I'm here to tell you, every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top"

So, I think she is saying whatever weight you are at, is good. Don't worry about your size, I guess.

But, I also understand where the Skinny girls are getting offended, but I don't think the singer even thought about that while singing it.

#100 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

The song focuses on men and what men like because a man wrote, produced and played most of the instruments for the song. She's just singing it and has co-writing credits for obvious reasons. I've read interviews with this girl and she doesn't come off as very bright. I can't wait until people get tired of it and it fades into obscurity. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bog nudes, gross, dont click

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users