Quantcast

Photo

Upgrade To Invision Power Board 2.0 Final

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we upgrade? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we upgrade?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

Should we upgrade to IPB 2.0 Final
I want to know your guys' opinion on whether or not we should upgrade to IPB 2.0 Final. I have set up a poll for you to vote in on whether or not you think we should upgrade. Please only vote in it once you have read this entire post. Before I continue, I would like to inclue a disclai'mer about the files that I am potentially going to upload.

Disclai'mer:[quote name='New Invision Power policy]As per recent Invision Power policy' date=' users will no longer be able to download the IPB forum software and its scripts.[/quote'] This new policy caused the IPB team to remove the download for trial link on their invision power forum download page. I downloaded the IPB 2.0 Final software before that page was removed and did not obtain it through illegal means. Therefore I have every right to use the files they provided me as long as I follow their current policy of not removing the copyright notice on the bottom.

With that said, I will now continue with listing pros and cons on upgrading to IPB 2.0 Final.
  • Pros:
    • Increased secrutiy and functionality
    • Upgrading will allow Neocodex to have the most stable, most functional and most secure forum software Invision Power Services has released to date.
  • New features
  • New skins
  • New hacks
  • Cons:
    • Script modifications do not come preinstalled so the current modifications will be lost
    • I will be personally reinstalling them right after we upgrade.
  • We will lose these skins:
    • GreenLand
    • CubaLibre
    • Skins will be reinstalled once they are remade for Invision Power Board 2.0 Final
[/list]Now that you have read the entire post, please cast your vote on whether or not we should upgrade to Invision Power Board 2.0 Final. Voting will only remain open until a majority of 50% or higher is reached with a mini'mum of 20 votes.

#2 cooldude

cooldude
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

Just a question before I vote what did you change the board to like a week or 2 ago?  You changed it back though.

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:22 PM

Just a question before I vote what did you change the board to like a week or 2 ago?  You changed it back though.

View Post

Yeah I did, that was because the script I uploaded was Invision Power Board PF4, we are currently running on PF2. The reason why we moved back down was because I used PF2 skins on PF4 and saw they didnt work. Well that was my mistake, of course they wont work, its a whole new version. I have now found replacements for the skins that work with the 2.0 Final script (I have already tested them on Neocodex, a backup of Neocodex) and if the vote goes well, ill upload those :) .

#4 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

not manny bad cons and few good things except for better security so sure why not

#5 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

not manny bad cons and few good things except for better security so sure why not

View Post

Yah, better security, why not.  Do it! :ncodex:

#6 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

so far 9/9 vote yes I think the turn out will be a yes unless 11 people vote now

#7 cooldude

cooldude
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

What modifications will be lost in the change?

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

What modifications will be lost in the change?

View Post

No modifications will be lost. They will just be removed for a little while. Modifications include:
  • Arcade
  • Who was online today
  • Other modifications that increase the functionality of the board.
A modification to the scripts is basically something that adds a feature to the board functionality that wasnt there in the original release of the script. It allows administrators to fully becausetomize their community to their liking.

These modifications will be reinstalled over the course of today and tommorow.

#9 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:36 PM

when are u ganna change it if 20 people vote yes tonight?

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:37 PM

when are u ganna change it if 20 people vote yes tonight?

View Post

I'm going to change it when 20 people vote in total, and over 50% of the votes were yes.

#11 cooldude

cooldude
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:37 PM

OH so only be lost for a day and they arn't that big of a deal well then after all the questioning I decided to vote yes  :)

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

OH so only be lost for a day and they arn't that big of a deal well then after all the questioning I decided to vote yes  :)

View Post

It will be a day MAX, you will see the more I'mportant hacks installed right away.

#13 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:41 PM

I have one requset GET THE FLAGS BACK ive asked befor u said you would but you never did

#14 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

I have one requset GET THE FLAGS BACK ive asked befor u said you would but you never did

View Post

Will do, its not on my main priority list, but ill work on it :)

#15 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:48 PM

well put it on your main priorty list lol

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:54 PM

If we get 1 more vote yes, then I will begin upgrading because no matter how many no's we get after that, at 20 votes, it will be 11 yes to 9 no which means that yes won :)

#17 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

There are like 22 yes..xD no one would like to vote for no

#18 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:08 PM

lol 23 and passed LOL plus I think we upgraded yesterday :bye2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users