• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

What decks are your favorite and/or least favorite and why?

My favorite decks at the moment are: warrior, rogue and priest.

Warrior

I love playing Baron Geddon which does 2 damage to all characters at the end of a turn in combination with armorsmith's and other minions on my side. For each minion that's damaged I gain 1 armor, which can quickly add up to 20+ armor. Warriors also have great low cost removal cards.

Spoiler

Rogue

I actually hate playing a rogue more often than I like it, but they are a lot of fun. I guess I play the typical "miracle rogue", so it's not much different from anyone else's deck. My favorite part is playing a 

Gadgetzan Auctioneer with a bunch of other magic cards and just keep drawing cards. Playing the damage magic cards in combination with Bloodmage Thalnos provides a nice little damage boost.

Spoiler

Priest

Priests are also a lot of fun to play, as long as you draw the right cards quickly of course. They are very viable, and their hero power can either heal or do damage. My favorite combination is an using an Auchenai Soulpriest and a Circle of healing to clear the board. Then of course a Prophet Velen or two and the other priest specific damage cards to deal huge damage to the enemy.

Spoiler

If I had a least favorite character to play against, it would be paladins. All of their damn constant big heals is very very annoying. I hate them almost as much in Hearthstone as I do in WoW iteself. 

Edited by Adam, 11 July 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#2 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

I used to enjoy playing a mage deck and a warlock deck the most. Put shit in your mage deck like the Gurubashi Berserker and you can just ping it/buff it up with minimal damage, this can become a real problem if they don't have anything to clear it. Also flamestrike is fucking beastly lol. The mage's power is just a godsend for taking out those 2/1's or anything that's knocked down to X/1.

And warlock i like playing because if i can get a blood imp out early it can be really annoying for the other player :p It gives a random friendly minion +1 health at the end of your turn and it's a stealth card. The health stacks up too so if you play a 2/2 it'll buff it up to a 2/3, so if you have a full board and they can't wipe out your shit it'll just keep adding 1 health to a random minion. Also i love playing warlock because i love their power to sacrifice 2 health to draw a card, this has saved my life and changed the whole game around on so many occasions.

I hate playing against hunters cause of those trap decks, mage's can be annoying if they use secrets too, as if having flamestrike/fireballs wasn't good enough already.

#3 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

I have recently taken a liking to aggro mage, it's a very fun deck to play.

#4 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Aggro Mage is the most fun to play alongside my random Priest deck... I have one Priest deck that I only play casual with but it's quite a bit of fun... Involves a lot of cards with Taunt along with Lightwells and Lightspawns... Get one on the board... next turn, Divine Spirit, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire, --> Face for 20dmg. or if it is that 1/7 taunt guy for 4 Mana... that guy is fun to do that with... it's very... bursty and a miracle type deck... but it is just so much fun to come out of nowhere and wreck someone with it unexpectedly. :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users