• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

The PC Outlist (the successor to the infamous pcblacklist) is a fantastic tumblr where jealous neopetters can attempt to "out" cheaters who buy and sell pets. In practice, it's just a hodgepodge of drama, PC hate, and general stupidity. So grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!

http://pcoutlist.tumblr.com

Edited by nitro, 20 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4,834 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Meh.

Not as bad as the Blacklist.

#3 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Wow. These people need to get a life... who gives a fuck if someone has shit you don't? Is this basically what the PC Neobard is like? :/

Meh.

@Ivysaur what's this? Sounds juicy. :p

(By the way, sorry if I tagged you twice. :) )

Edited by Irradium, 20 July 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#4 Kate

Kate

• 7,612 posts

Users Awards

Someone brought this up on a status update here a while back and I had a good chuckle. Some people care about the most trivial things, sad.

#5 ortin

ortin

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Meh.

The blacklist lead a good life and had a good death.

Someone brought this up on a status update here a while back and I had a good chuckle. Some people care about the most trivial things, sad.

Them UCs are worth killing for!

#6 Romy

Romy

• 4,834 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

@Ivysaur what's this? Sounds juicy. :p

A tumblr where people bitched about other neopet users.

Basically for being rude, bitchy, condescending etc..

Some posted facebooks and deviantarts belonging to users. 

It was shut down after another forum discovered the identity of the person that ran it and forwarded the content to everyone she knew (even her school if I'm not mistaken).

(the reason why they did that was because of some comments insulting the sexual orientation of a user. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Think of it as a MORE toxic version of the Burnbook.)

Sites like that really make me cringe. Brings out the worst in people.

The blacklist lead a good life and had a good death.

Not really.

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

These people need to get a life, neopets is dead and not worth the drama. *hairflip*

#8 ortin

ortin

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

It was shut down after another forum discovered the identity of the person that ran it and forwarded the content to everyone she knew (even her school if I'm not mistaken).

(the reason why they did that was because of some comments insulting the sexual orientation of a user. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Think of it as a MORE toxic version of the Burnbook.)

Sure, making fun of someone's sexual identity is terrible, but the way to deal with such transgression is not to fight fire with fire. I honestly don't know which party committed the more heinous crime.

These people need to get a life, neopets is dead and not worth the drama. *hairflip*

#neopets4lyfe

#9 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Right. Sounds pretty crappy actually. And yeah, it's a shame to see people behave like a bunch of stroppy cunts. Pisses me right off. :(

#10 Romy

Romy

• 4,834 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Sure, making fun of someone's sexual identity is terrible, but the way to deal with such transgression is not to fight fire with fire. I honestly don't know which party committed the more heinous crime.

lol

Edit: The alternative is not taking what people on the internet care about you amd not condemning them for their sexual orientation because they rejected your pet.

#11 Kate

Kate

• 7,612 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

It got the job done, didn't it? I say well done to the person who outed them.

#12 ortin

ortin

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

It got the job done, didn't it? I say well done to the person who outed them.

Does the ends justify the means?

#13 Karyx

Karyx
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Looks like someone just needs a better outlet. They can clearly get things done when they set their mind to it. Maybe, you know, take up ending world hunger or something. Neopets drama is so...90s :p

#14 Kate

Kate

• 7,612 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Does the ends justify the means?

Yep.

#15 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

That's pathetic, these people have nothing better in their lives?? lmao

#16 ortin

ortin

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Yep.

I would argue no. The people on the other forums have become as bad or worse than the pcblacklist leader by ruining her actual life. There are other ways of taking down a tumblr that aren't as melodramatic such as having multiple people report the blog for harassment. 

#17 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

I would argue no. The people on the other forums have become as bad or worse than the pcblacklist leader by ruining her actual life. There are other ways of taking down a tumblr that aren't as melodramatic such as having multiple people report the blog for harassment.

How is a blog being reported melodramatic? Isn't it anonymous? Isn't bitching about it publicly more melodramatic?

#18 ortin

ortin

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

How is a blog being reported melodramatic? Isn't it anonymous? Isn't bitching about it publicly more melodramatic?

The pcblacklist wasn't just reported... 

It was shut down after another forum discovered the identity of the person that ran it and forwarded the content to everyone she knew (even her school if I'm not mistaken).(the reason why they did that was because of some comments insulting the sexual orientation of a user. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Think of it as a MORE toxic version of the Burnbook.)

And in any case, I was trying to say that reporting ISN'T melodramatic and was the right course of action to take.

Edited by nitro, 20 July 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#19 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Oh, yeah, I can't read.

#20 Romy

Romy

• 4,834 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

And in any case, I was trying to say that reporting ISN'T melodramatic and was the right course of action to take.

Apologies.

I read your post too fast.

#21 ortin

ortin

• 6,124 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

Apologies.

I read your post too fast.

Its fine :p

In any case, I should have put my thoughts in a more cohesive manner so there wouldn't be as much confusion.

#22 Kate

Kate

• 7,612 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Good thing this isn't a debate then, eh? I think she should have considered the consequences before she made such a stupid mistake. Sure there were other options but clearly those were not working, in my opinion she made her bed and now has to lay in it. Tough life. 

#23 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

I miss the blacklist. :(

#24 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

That was me :p

This is why I will never ever EVER go near the PC, much less a UC. Not even remotely worth the trouble.

And so if I'm reading this right, the girl who was running the old blacklist got outed herself as a mean psycho bitch? I don't know the full extent of what happened, but IRL if you talk shit, you get hit. Pretty much the same thing applies online. She was dumb to think doing it on the internet was going to protect her. 

#25 Kate

Kate

• 7,612 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

That was me :p

This is why I will never ever EVER go near the PC, much less a UC. Not even remotely worth the trouble.

And so if I'm reading this right, the girl who was running the old blacklist got outed herself as a mean psycho bitch? I don't know the full extent of what happened, but IRL if you talk shit, you get hit. Pretty much the same thing applies online. She was dumb to think doing it on the internet was going to protect her. 

Yeah, not only that but she was posting people's Facebook accounts and personal details too. She got what she deserved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drama, pc, uc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users