Quantcast

Photo

Anybody interested in a Minecraft server for Codex?

minecraft server

66 replies to this topic

Poll: Neocodex Minecraft Server

Are you interested in playing Minecraft?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How much time do you think you'd play? (This is to gauge server load.)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you be willing to contribute financially to maintain a server?

Should there be any requirements to be permitted access?

Would this be your first time playing?

Would you like to run Vanilla (not modded) or Feed The Beast (added features/recipes/gameplay)?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'm interested in a playing Minecraft with Codex. I have no idea how to play though. My friend gave me the controller and I died in lava because I didn't know how to jump >.>

#27 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Minecraft might be the only game that I prefer to play with minimal modding. I've always opted to join vanilla servers because I feel like adding a bunch of mods/plugins/cheats detracts from the simplicity of the game. I also think that because we have members expressing interest who have never even played before, vanilla might be the way to go for now. It doesn't seem like anyone else feels the same way, though.  :/

#28 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Minecraft might be the only game that I prefer to play with minimal modding. I've always opted to join vanilla servers because I feel like adding a bunch of mods/plugins/cheats detracts from the simplicity of the game. I also think that because we have members expressing interest who have never even played before, vanilla might be the way to go for now. It doesn't seem like anyone else feels the same way, though.  :/

I agree with you. The base game is fun by itself.

Maybe different game modes/certain mods could be held certain days of the week or 1 day a week?

#29 Lily

Lily
  • 279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I played Minecraft once a long time ago, but I'd be happy to try it again with Codex people :)

By the way, I'm guessing 'Feed the Beast' is modded? 

#30 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

I've never played minecraft; however, if I could learn and get into it with other codex people, I think it'd be a lot of fun! I'd like for there to be some sort of restriction, like being here for at least 2 weeks just so no jerks come in randomly and start messing shit up (if that's possible..?).

#31 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

I agree with you. The base game is fun by itself.

Maybe different game modes/certain mods could be held certain days of the week or 1 day a week?

That would be kinda difficult to set up, honestly. Item ids and making it work with the world (and safely removable) would pretty difficult. Mod swapping on the same world usually ends in corruption. The best option for a safe mostly vanilla experience would be Bukkit.

#32 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Do not worry about "how" it will be getting setup, codex is gonna help and take care of some of that. We are more or less looking for feedback ideas in regards as-to what could be setup. The FTB pack i have personally been using has around 180 mods in it; giver-take. You would think it is a little extreme, but not really; especially when you are easily able to control what mods are enabled. Another idea is that we run the Vanilla server for a few weeks, then upgrade to the modded one. Or even have 2 servers running.

#33 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

ooh I've always wanted to give minecraft a try, this is even more incentive.

PS someone should make a tutorial on how you play :p

#34 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

ooh I've always wanted to give minecraft a try, this is even more incentive.

PS someone should make a tutorial on how you play :p

I would love a tutorial! I've tried minecraft before, but couldn't really figure it out.

#35 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I believe Vanilla should be the starting point since there are others who have not played. We can then update it to FTB after everyone get's the hang of it :3

#36 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

EDIT: Wrong post, wrong place :X

I think the best way would be to start with vanilla and then change when the game is familiar to everyone.

Edited by Swarley, 21 July 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#37 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Very interested ^.^ Wondered why there wasn't a minecraft section

#38 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Never played Minecraft but this may persuade me to start.

#39 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

Sounds awesome! I think playing in Vanilla would be the best option for the time being because of how much the base game already offers, until newer players or returning players get familiar with the base game then adding a mod or two would be fine. I would suggest Better Than Wolves when the time comes to add mods. Also, i think a sub forum for minecraft would be needed if this server comes through.

#40 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Sounds awesome! I think playing in Vanilla would be the best option for the time being because of how much the base game already offers, until newer players or returning players get familiar with the base game then adding a mod or two would be fine. I would suggest Better Than Wolves when the time comes to add mods. Also, i think a sub forum for minecraft would be needed if this server comes through.

You say that, and yet i find vanilla very boring and limited :p However we are looking into a few solutions :)

#41 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

You say that, and yet i find vanilla very boring and limited :p However we are looking into a few solutions :)

Would we consider 1st month vanilla and once it picks up we switch to FTB?

#42 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

That is also an option i have considered :) Talks are being had and everyones comments and concerns are being read :) So keep them coming :D

#43 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

But you've also been playing for a while. There's a lot to take in when you first start playing. Even as an experienced player (and I admit I stopped playing for several months because I got bored), I think that FTB is too expansive and makes gameplay unnecessarily complicated unless you've done a lot of research beforehand. New players are already going to have to refer to the wiki every five seconds for recipes and to check what things do. I'm not entirely opposed to all mods, I just think we should keep it relatively simple.

#44 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

But you've also been playing for a while. There's a lot to take in when you first start playing. Even as an experienced player (and I admit I stopped playing for several months because I got bored), I think that FTB is too expansive and makes gameplay unnecessarily complicated unless you've done a lot of research beforehand. New players are already going to have to refer to the wiki every five seconds for recipes and to check what things do. I'm not entirely opposed to all mods, I just think we should keep it relatively simple.

I agree with this. I have played with a few FTB mods as well and I can confirm it's difficult for newbies~ I'll work on a guide for Vanilla, Pyro I will be bothering you eventually if we do go to FTB.  The guide may take a while since I think most people use Wiki. But I'll see to it~

#45 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

I would however vote for a personal chest locking mod:

http://www.minecraft...or-personal-use

Just to make sure everybody's belonging's are nice and safe.

#46 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

It will remain vanilla for at least a week or two. I will then either move it over (meaning everyone starts over) to a modded version... OR i will spin up a separate server and run things off of that. I personally will not be on the vanilla server much as i am an experienced player. However it is impossible to expand the guide... You can still play vanilla minecraft on a modded server, there is just more stuff :p Weather you use it or not is totally different.

#47 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

I would however vote for a personal chest locking mod:

http://www.minecraft...or-personal-use

Just to make sure everybody's belonging's are nice and safe.

I'm all for the use of plugins like this, although I'm hoping we won't have any problems with griefing/stealing on the server in the first place :p

#48 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'll all for the use of plugins like this, although I'm hoping we won't have any problems with griefing/stealing on the server in the first place :p

Although I like y'all, we're still a cheating website so people's morals are questionable in here :p

#49 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Maybe we could use the rules here and apply them on the server? So if you steal something, you get a ban from using the server (if possible) or something like a warn/suspension. If any of that is possible of course.

#50 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Maybe we could use the rules here and apply them on the server? So if you steal something, you get a ban from using the server (if possible) or something like a warn/suspension. If any of that is possible of course.

I believe Ivy already mentioned that, but as far as I know there's no way of telling who used/stole from a chest, so hence the mod solution.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft, server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users