hearthstone

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

7IL9MFZERRW51397077736991.jpg

http://us.battle.net...n/blog/14833865

Are you playing this yet!? Daniel is playing it on the ipad right now and it's pretty awesome, he got a legendary so far. 
I believe your first adventure/game/thing is free.

OPINIONS? 

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Not tried it yet, not sure if it's released for EU until tomorrow anywho.

Mildly excited though ^_^

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Sweet! I read elsewhere that it was coming out today. Will probably end up buying access to all of the wings :) I'm looking forward to getting home to try it out!

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

I beat it all for this week. It's fun but it's kinda laggy due to so many people playing at once.

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

I beat it all for this week. It's fun but it's kinda laggy due to so many people playing at once.

Did you find it difficult? Daniel said he was surprised at how difficult the challengers were. 

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

It was harder than I expected but still not hard. It was hard only because i didn't know the hero powers and that they had a mix of Mage/warlock/hunter etc cards. But they're still bots so they often make dumb decisions that win me the game relatively easily.

#7 Lightsora65

Lightsora65
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

it was hard in the end. I was able to beat every npc on the first try. the only one who gave me problems was the last heroic boss After the 4th try I was somehow able to win with a spelldmg+ mage

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

I've only played Anub'Rekhan so far, and he beat me the first time. Then I kicked his ass the second time, 30-0.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

beat it all on normal last night

tried playing heroic and was like nopenopenope

#10 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Beat all the heroic bosses last night. I'm a bit miffed there was no reward for doing that :(

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Beat all the heroic bosses last night. I'm a bit miffed there was no reward for doing that :(

right?!

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

right?!

I was hoping maybe just gold versions of cards or something lol. There aren't even achievements or anything :/

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

I was hoping maybe just gold versions of cards or something lol. There aren't even achievements or anything :/

I think I'm actually stuck on the second boss. Second turn 10 damage too stronk.

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

I think I'm actually stuck on the second boss. Second turn 10 damage too stronk.

Welp... if you're stuck, then I have no chance. I just got through the Normal difficulty wing and will attempt the Heroic one later after work.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Welp... if you're stuck, then I have no chance. I just got through the Normal difficulty wing and will attempt the Heroic one later after work.

I only tried it once. I guess the best way is to use a rush deck where you don't have many cards left in your hand. Aka miracle rogue will be the death of you.

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

I only tried it once. I guess the best way is to use a rush deck where you don't have many cards left in your hand. Aka miracle rogue will be the death of you.

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I'll read up on some decks on Hearthpwn later and try various builds out.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I'll read up on some decks on Hearthpwn later and try various builds out.

I'm guessing it's just bragging rights to beat it all?

#18 Lightsora65

Lightsora65
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

You actually get a reward. If you beat all heroic modes you get a special card back (\(*-*)/)

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Anub'Rekhan: 
Extremely easy to beat using a simple zoolock deck. Doesn't make the most intelligent moves.

Grand Widow Faerlina:
Her hero power was an absolute pain in the ass since most of my minions have low health and she launches a missile for every card in my hand. Overall this was also an easy opponent just took a bit longer.

Maexxna:
Super easy. Only used their hero power once and it didn't change the game at all. Defeated this opponent in no time.

I'm pretty much ready to try heroic because Normal mode was a joke.

#20 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Anub'Rekhan: 
Extremely easy to beat using a simple zoolock deck. Doesn't make the most intelligent moves.

Grand Widow Faerlina:
Her hero power was an absolute pain in the ass since most of my minions have low health and she launches a missile for every card in my hand. Overall this was also an easy opponent just took a bit longer.

Maexxna:
Super easy. Only used their hero power once and it didn't change the game at all. Defeated this opponent in no time.

I'm pretty much ready to try heroic because Normal mode was a joke.

did you use zoolock with all the enemies? I used my zoolock deck and it was pretty easy, but I tried one game of heroic and gave up xD

I might try again later tonight and see how it goes.

@Kat what deck did you use to get through Heroic?

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

did you use zoolock with all the enemies? I used my zoolock deck and it was pretty easy, but I tried one game of heroic and gave up xD

Yeah, I used my zoolock for all of them in Normal mode, I'll probably try using my warrior control deck for the Heroic ones now that you said you gave up with zoolock lmao. 

#22 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, I used my zoolock for all of them in Normal mode, I'll probably try using my warrior control deck for the Heroic ones now that you said you gave up with zoolock lmao. 

i honestly only tried one game, they have more health in heroic it's crazy. Let me know how it goes, I'll try my zoolock again and see how far I get.

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

i honestly only tried one game, they have more health in heroic it's crazy. Let me know how it goes, I'll try my zoolock again and see how far I get.

I've tried two games in heroic now. I lost both but was extremely close with the second one and made a stupid mistake. :(
GAH.

#24 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

I've been on an European Universalis 4 craze for weeks now, so no I have not played :p

I'm actually kind of miffed at myself for how lax I've gotten. I have some of the early cardbacks, but I'm sure that by this point in the summer there are like ten that I haven't even seen.

This Curse of Naxxramas sounds like Hearthstone's first true plot/event/expansion? Are there new cards at all?

#25 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

For Anub I tried a druid control and mage deck, and I got close a few times but eventually I just made a gimmick priest deck with divine spirits/inner fire or lightspawns and just ran him over with a 20/20. his 4/4's couldnt do shit.

For Faerlina I first tried zoolock, but that didn't work. I then used my speed paladin deck and that eventually worked. Just keep your hand mostly empty and kill her worshippers.

For Maexxna I made a different paladin deck. It has charge and battlecry heal minions. I can post the decklist if anyone wants, I found it on hearthpwn I think. Worked perfectly, just takes a while to beat her.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users