• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

This Curse of Naxxramas sounds like Hearthstone's first true plot/event/expansion? Are there new cards at all?

There isn't really a plot. Nothing interesting anyway. Yes there are new cards and i believe you'll acquire all of them if you beat all 4 wings (released one per week) but it costs money after every wing beyond the first (~5.00)

For Anub I tried a druid control and mage deck, and I got close a few times but eventually I just made a gimmick priest deck with divine spirits/inner fire or lightspawns and just ran him over with a 20/20. his 4/4's couldnt do shit.

For Faerlina I first tried zoolock, but that didn't work. I then used my speed paladin deck and that eventually worked. Just keep your hand mostly empty and kill her worshippers.

For Maexxna I made a different paladin deck. It has charge and battlecry heal minions. I can post the decklist if anyone wants, I found it on hearthpwn I think. Worked perfectly, just takes a while to beat her.

I used my standard hunter deck for Anub. I just charged at him full force since he flooded the board with minions. I'd drop a buzzard, release the hounds, and drew enough cards to just cycle through the deck until I won.

Faerlina was the first deck that I Needed to actually craft a deck. I flooded the board with high health, low attack taunt cards (like that 1 crystal 0/4 dranei card. I forget what it's called) and had gave them all HP so they would survive her missles. Having mind vision and thought steal helped steal some of her OP cards (such as worshipper).

For Maexxena I cycled through a few decks but eventually won with a mage decks. I filled the deck with cheap battlecry cards (e.g. novice engineer, voodoo doctor, night elf etc. ) since she would always start her turn by returning these minions back to my hand. I got through my deck and LET HER FILL THE BOARD WITH MINIONS OF 1/1 SPIDERS (or 1/4 gargoyle). I would kill her 2/2 wolf and whatnot but otherwise I could live. I then wiped out her entire table by delaying (frost armour, frost nova) then waiting till I had enough to wipe the board (bloodmage thalmos + arcane explosion, e.g.). I then widdled away with battlecry's or 1/1 minions and my hero power. I eventually won because ice block made me immune for a turn and I ZERGED. Close battle but yeah.

#27 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

used my frost mage for anub and maexna, zoolock mopped up faerlina.

i just kept recasting alextrasa to set my hp to 15 and the bot couldnt deal more than 15 dmg in a turn, so that was that

#28 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Loatheb is so much fun to play against (in Normal mode at least). All those little spores omg. 
Also Webspinner is possibly the coolest Hunter card ever? For 1 mana you could end up with a King Krush, The Beast, or literally any other Beast card even if you don't own that card. GAH. Best card ever.

#29 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

Loatheb is so much fun to play against (in Normal mode at least). All those little spores omg. 
Also Webspinner is possibly the coolest Hunter card ever? For 1 mana you could end up with a King Krush, The Beast, or literally any other Beast card even if you don't own that card. GAH. Best card ever.

I love webspinner more than life. 

#30 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

I love webspinner more than life. 

I don't find them very useful. Not until late game I guess, but it's a huge game of luck. You drop webspinner turn 1, it dies turn 2 and you get King Krush and then... wait 8 turns?

#31 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

I don't find them very useful. Not until late game I guess, but it's a huge game of luck. You drop webspinner turn 1, it dies turn 2 and you get King Krush and then... wait 8 turns?

Even if it doesn't draw King Krush, I've never NOT gotten use out of it. 
Also, it doesn't have to be played turn one, maybe that's your mistake :p

#32 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

Well, King Krush isn't my favorite drop from webspinner. I like it when I have the 1 mana card and it drops a King Krush though.

I hate the stupid parrot draw a pirate card though.

#33 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

Oh I know. I'm just saying it's not an amazing card imo. I guess my hunter deck is a rush deck so I try to kill them by turn 6 or 7. So webspinner is not a card I would put in the deck.

#34 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Oh I know. I'm just saying it's not an amazing card imo. I guess my hunter deck is a rush deck so I try to kill them by turn 6 or 7. So webspinner is not a card I would put in the deck.

You should play me. Hunter on hunter.

#35 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

You should play me. Hunter on hunter.

My deck sucks. I would have to completely revamp it.

#36 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

My deck sucks. I would have to completely revamp it.

I got time.

#37 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

I got time.

don't you wanna play my shaman deck? The only deck that's relatively good? xD

#38 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

I completed the wings but I've not touched the heroic bosses yet because the reward isn't that great. I really like the expansion and the new cards have seriously changed things up in ranked.

#39 Casio

Casio
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

I completed the wings but I've not touched the heroic bosses yet because the reward isn't that great. I really like the expansion and the new cards have seriously changed things up in ranked.

The reward is awesome because it is a card back and that shows everyone that you beat Naxx. Kind of like rubbing it in the face of people who can't beat heroic naxx lol. I just finished heroic naxx and got the card back. There were so many times where alexstrasza in a freeze mage deck would have worked but I used pally through most of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users