• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Earlier this month, Electronic Arts announced that The Sims 2 was being "retired," and that to make up for the loss, anyone who owns it would be upgraded to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin at no charge. But today that deal got a whole lot more Oprah, as EA is now offering the game to everyone, on the house—even thought it's not actually an On the House promotion.

As noticed by the fine folks at NeoGAF, the "How to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" entry onEA's help site underwent a change today. It still implies that the offer is limited to Sims 2 owners, saying, "Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library." But the code actually works for everyone. I know this, because I tried it, and I am now the proud owner of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin despite not having the original release in my collection.

It's really quite a simple process: Fire up Origin, log in, select "Redeem Product Code" from the "Games" menu and then enter "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS," minus the quotes. Bam! You may not actually love them, but you now officially own them.

Interestingly, this is not one of EA's On the House offerings; Peggle is still filling that particular niche. So what's the deal? Perhaps it's the kinder, gentler EA in action, or maybe it's just trying to ramp up interest in the franchise ahead of the September launch of The Sims 4.

Either way, it's free stuff, and since The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is no longer available to purchase on Origin (which may be a big part of why EA doesn't mind giving it away), if you want it, this would seem to be the only way you're going to get it. One potential catch: This might all be a big mistake, and EA could pull the plug at any time. I'd recommend you don't dawdle.

!!!

#2 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Cool, Off i go to check it out :)

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Now I forgive them for not letting me play the demo for TS4. Even though I could download the full game for free :p

#4 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

I played sooooo much of TS2, more than I've even played TS3. *runs off to download*

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I played sooooo much of TS2, more than I've even played TS3. *runs off to download*

TS2 is better than TS3. 

Also, tbt

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

TS2 is better than TS3. 

Also, tbt

I totally agree. And great creations ;)

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Oh dear.

*downloads*

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

Sweeeeet, more procrastination material xD *downloads*

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I already have hard copies of almost every expansion for TS2 :c 
I'll still probably DL it just because, I'm really excited for TS4 though.

#10 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Yaaaaassss! I love free stuff.

#11 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Wow! *goes and downloads*

#12 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

Omg :') First game I ever bought with my own money!

#13 Vibe

Vibe
  • 469 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

Awww, yes! Thank you! :D Always preferred/loved TS2 over TS3~ (looks like I have to download plenty of the custom stuff again. ;o;)

#14 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

This will be interesting. I don't think I've played a Sims game after the first.

Thanks for the heads up ;)

#15 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

FYI for anyone who was curious like I was - this code is no longer valid.  :whistling:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users