#1 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

axa.jpg

Happy Eid al-Fitr

A little about Eid :

Every year during Ramadhan ( the ninth month of the Islamic calender ), Muslims all over the world observe the act of fasting which is to refrain oneself from eating, drinking, any intercourse or anything that is against the Islamic Law from the light of the morning until dawn :) basically before and after that time, they can eat 'til they are stuffed :p

That is why you would generally see Muslims wake up in the early morning because they took Sahur ( early meal before fasting begins in that day ) and this will further prevent them from any unsuspected burst of hunger or thirst.

This year Ramadhan started on June 28th and predictably will end on July 29th ( plus minus one day ) and thus marking the end of Ramadhan and the beginning of Syawal ( the month followed after Ramadhan ). This is when the fun starts where we will celebrate Eid al-Fitr or also known as "Feast of Fast break" where everybody is in the mood of a long holiday to visit their old ones in the village.

raya-kampung.jpg

ketupat1.jpg

ru_01.4.jpg

This is also the time when congestion is at it's peak all over the country :p and actually, there are more activities during this month including congregational prayer, giving away meat to the poor, open-houses, fireworks, giving away ang-pao to 'lil kids who at least tried to fast the whole month :p and etc.

But then again :) not all Muslims are looking forward to happy days with their families. Remember the incident and the outbreak in Gaza and also the families in the plane crashes, they suffered a lot and sometimes its these little things in their surrounding that can cure just a fraction of their lost memories and regain that confidence to keep holding on to the world :)

Thank you :D

and again, happy holiday guys ! for everyone !

date-ramadan-fin-ramadan-aid-al-fitr.png

"May your holiday be blessed"

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

too early. :p

#3 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

too early. :p

no okay ! :p holiday already started ! :D congestion all over the place ! it's making my life crazy, can't go anywhere

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

no okay ! :p holiday already started ! :D congestion all over the place ! it's making my life crazy, can't go anywhere

where are you celebrating? :p i have 10 siblings and most of them are married and have kids. they are all going to gather at my tiny family's house in taiping. I CAN'T BREATHE!

#5 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

I'm still unsure really LOL maybe stay at KL for the 1st day and we might head towards Singapore on the next day and then Malacca. Majority of my close relatives are in Singapore but our kampung is at Malacca.

Whoa ! Lucky you then :D I'm the eldest so nothing special here haha atleast you guys gonna have a hell of a time together !

#6 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

So do most people have some time off from work during Syawal so that they can travel and celebrate?

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

ketupat1.jpg

What are these things?

#8 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I'm still unsure really LOL maybe stay at KL for the 1st day and we might head towards Singapore on the next day and then Malacca. Majority of my close relatives are in Singapore but our kampung is at Malacca.

Whoa ! Lucky you then :D I'm the eldest so nothing special here haha atleast you guys gonna have a hell of a time together !

seems like you'll be spending more time on the road then on celebrating lol. must be fun tho. my family is just gonna visit the a couple of neighbors and that's it. xD

So do most people have some time off from work during Syawal so that they can travel and celebrate?

yeah, most city people began their journey back to their villages yesterday (friday) and will be spending time with their families until next week.

What are these things?

it's called ketupat. i don't really like those lol.

#9 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Eid Mubarak! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users