782 replies to this topic

#151 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

one day i'll get into the server one day ;-;

All you need is 100 posts - you'll get there really fast.

#152 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

I decided to completely change my town into just a village. I'll take the buildings down and just leave the town hall there to build village-like houses. It will be a trading villagers for the users to go and trade some stuff anytime they want. It's gonna take some time for the villagers to breed, but it will be worth it.

That sounds like an awesome idea. :) Oh and thanks again for that video on Diamond mining, I finally watched it this afternoon before we left to grocery shop.

#153 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

That sounds like an awesome idea. :) Oh and thanks again for that video on Diamond mining, I finally watched it this afternoon before we left to grocery shop.

Yeah, and it would take my a really long time if I decided too do my first project.

No problem ^-^ it helped me too :D

#154 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

All you need is 100 posts - you'll get there really fast.

;-; I'm never going to get to 100 post
I'll be dead by that time

#155 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

I had the same thought, but here I am with 550 posts :p I got to 400 a week ago.

#156 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

LOL! That's a little dramatic don't you think? You'll eventually get there...there's lots to do on the forums here, and you might even (gasp!) get to know folks a bit better. :)

#157 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Well tonight has been a great thing for improving my Minecraft enjoyment, as while chatting with @Strategist, @Nymh, and @Sunscorch while playing...it was suggested that I add a Resource Pack to my installation...and welp...let's just say that the graphics now are a total new experience (thank you all so much)! My screenies from here on out will thus appear far nicer, to say the least.

Anyway! Aside from that, the night before, I attempted to get more serious about mining...and created a special addition from the lower level of my dwelling in Mushroom Island:

20qfexd.jpg

I've flipped open the trap door...ready to take the plunge?!?

195o5l.png

Descent complete...and it's a long way back up!

10dtzpf.png

Edited by Kord, 05 October 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#158 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

I just found out that the problem about my zombie grinder was not because there were mobs spawning around the area. I forgot to destroy all the torches next to the spawner xD

#159 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

I just found out that the problem about my zombie grinder was not because there were mobs spawning around the area. I forgot to destroy all the torches next to the spawner xD

Awesome to finally know how to fix it though (and the fix was simple)!

WHOA...huge thank you to whomever fixed up my Melon and Pumpkin patches, it is totally appreciated!  :wub:

So last night (taking way longer than most of you would, and dying once in the process...THANK YOU @Strategist for rescuing my gear!), I set about crafting a glass pier/viewing deck onto the end of the peninsula where my gardens and tree house (still under development) are located...and I am thrilled by how it turned out:

zr24w.png

I just love being level with the ocean from this vantage point...(it is so cool to watch the squid when they show up on the sand bar below, though they aren't in this image; I'll try to get a screenie the next time I see them there, however):

116kl6h.png

#160 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

Some progress!

d3temvv.png

Breed, my villagers (:<

6Ercq4A.png

Baby villagers are disturbing.

#161 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Some progress!

Spoiler

6Ercq4A.png

Baby villagers are disturbing.

Way to go on your accomplishments...and yeah, the babies look totally creepy. :p

#162 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Way to go on your accomplishments...and yeah, the babies look totally creepy. :p

It's really funny when they start running in circles xD They are too fast!

#163 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

Finally a squid image while on my viewing deck:

141nz9h.png

I'm currently tooling around over at the spawn village and outlying area and will be there until @Chameleon can join the crew at Mushroom Island! It's a good thing for me in that I'm being forced to face my fear of having to fight creepy crawlies...and also maybe it will get me off of my butt to work on starting a proper little home there outside of the main village so that I have a place to hang whenever I go to spawn to get resources there. :)

Also: I'm lost and currently hidning in a 2x1 hole for the night (wandered away from my makeshift home in search of trees), and you can't make this stuff up: a damn pig started leering at me in my hiding spot:

2gwyus0.png

#164 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:02 AM

@Kord   BAHAHAHA  That's awesome!  He wants your carrots!  You can see it in his eyes.  Gimme all your carrots and I won't bury you alive little human!

#165 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

@Kord   BAHAHAHA  That's awesome!  He wants your carrots!  You can see it in his eyes.  Gimme all your carrots and I won't bury you alive little human!

Indeed...though I did end up jumping out of the hole and slaughtering him; I'm SO not nice. ;)

#166 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Indeed...though I did end up jumping out of the hole and slaughtering him; I'm SO not nice. ;)

Hunger before friends.

#167 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

Just wrapped up hours of Minecraft fun and am off to bed soon (though plan to return there of course for more adventuring throughout the weekend)...

Though before bed last night, I returned to my Mushroom Island home...I've since returned to the Spawn Village and am setting up a house next to the amazing castle that @Chameleon is building! I'm not nearly the architect that she is however, and it's going to take me some time to get it going...especially since I spent the majority of my time LOST this evening.

Indeed, during my lost travels, I ended up spending many nights in 2x1 holes...and THIS happened (two of 'em now):

oubjgj.png

I have since learned to stop clutching carrots when under such circumstances.  :lol2:  Go ahead and laugh, @Swarley!

Then...though not intending to stray much further than the approximate vicinity of -10,70,100...I ended up running around enjoying the sites only to find myself at around 1200,80,80 (yeah it was a royal PITA returning from there what with some of the terrain I managed to navigate), I was absolutely amazed to see this beautiful mountain-area waterfall and decided that getting lost was absolutely worth it:

33z68ur.png

There was additionally a village not far from this spectacle (the first that I have run across!). I was pretty worn out by the time I returned though, which made finally getting to start a home near Chameleon's all the more fun. She was awesome and even set up a pressure plate for the door so that it is all automatic and stuff, and someone else was absolutely amazing as well and created a superb staircase to access my home!!!

DEFINITELY going to spend most of my time in the near future working on my new home. If you don't already play, get started, it's loads of fun.

#168 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

I miss the spawn village. I might go back and work there for a bit.

Any word on Optifine? Is it working again yet? @Strategist @Vaping

#169 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

I miss the spawn village. I might go back and work there for a bit.

Any word on Optifine? Is it working again yet? @Strategist @Vaping

I find the spawn village to be a challenge, but a fun one, so yeah I'll be there for awhile...I really need to get working on my home there today but won't be on it until later (errands and such to run first).

#170 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

So... My last project is done (the trading village) - I'm just waiting for mobGriefing to be on so the villagers can breed themselves. I still need to take some screenshots, though.

Now I don't know what to do :S Any ideas?

#171 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

So... My last project is done (the trading village) - I'm just waiting for mobGriefing to be on so the villagers can breed themselves. I still need to take some screenshots, though.

Now I don't know what to do :S Any ideas?

Are you more interested in making a special building or perhaps a contraption? Maybe check out YouTubes and see if there's something in mind you want to tackle! I haven't reached that point yet, as I still have so much basic junk I need to do to build my house. :)

#172 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

Are you more interested in making a special building or perhaps a contraption? Maybe check out YouTubes and see if there's something in mind you want to tackle! I haven't reached that point yet, as I still have so much basic junk I need to do to build my house. :)

Actually, I should build a house. I forgot that I don't have one anymore xD

#173 RedTurnip

RedTurnip
  • 85 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

Ahh you guys are making me so tempted to join. :o

Played minecraft a while back too but lost interest due to a lack of people playing tgt.

Do i need a legit version of minecraft to start with you guys?

#174 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:24 PM

Ahh you guys are making me so tempted to join. :o

Played minecraft a while back too but lost interest due to a lack of people playing tgt.

Do i need a legit version of minecraft to start with you guys?

Yes, you do need a legit version :/ Also, 100 posts :p

#175 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

Actually, I should build a house. I forgot that I don't have one anymore xD

Yep build a house, I've been having a great time trying to start one over near Chameleon's...will be working on it when I am online there later :)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft, screenshots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users