• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#426 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

Or maybe you did have one and just absorbed it.

Jon could be a chimera!!

#427 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

A variation of "Jonas" is the most popular name in Lithuania

#428 Flint

Flint
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

That Riders of Icarus isnt as fun as the trailer shows

#429 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:44 PM

That there's a God's Not Dead 2. Judging by the trailer, it's even worse than the first. Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting.

#430 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

TIL I can make the comment box (for the status updates here, for example) bigger or smaller by scrolling that wheel thing on my mouse.

#431 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

It's more of a today I discovered, that there are a large number of people that believe the Earth is flat... It's insane the amount of tears I've been crying the past hours reading the crap some people say about it to "prove" it... :lol2:

#432 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

It's more of a today I discovered, that there are a large number of people that believe the Earth is flat... It's insane the amount of tears I've been crying the past hours reading the crap some people say about it to "prove" it... :lol2:

There's also a small group of creationists who still believe in geocentrism because of Psalm 93:1

(note: most creationists think geocentrism is "extreme literalism" which is kind of funny)

#433 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Lol the rapper B.O.B. Thinks the world is flat. He got into an argument with Neil Degrasse Tyson about it on Twitter.

#434 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

Lol the rapper B.O.B. Thinks the world is flat. He got into an argument with Neil Degrasse Tyson about it on Twitter.

I saw that. And I laughed. And then I cried a little. 

One of Baldman's uncles thinks we lived at the same time as dinosaurs and rode them. His family is mostly evangelical and Creationist/literalists. This is why we don't talk to them lmao.

#435 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

I saw that. And I laughed. And then I cried a little. 

One of Baldman's uncles thinks we lived at the same time as dinosaurs and rode them. His family is mostly evangelical and Creationist/literalists. This is why we don't talk to them lmao.

My cousin (evangelical) told me her church's pastor said there were dinosaurs in Noah's Ark too. Seriously. I couldn't stop laughing.

I told her that was complete bullshit and she should stop being so stupid.

#436 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:57 PM

My cousin (evangelical) told me her church's pastor said there were dinosaurs in Noah's Ark too. Seriously. I couldn't stop laughing.

I told her that was complete bullshit and she should stop being so stupid.

Lmao. That's so bad. Though, I admit, I feel a bit better knowing there are dumb Creationists in other parts of the world too. 

Ken Ham created a Creationist 'Noah's Ark' "theme park/museum" here in the US. It's in Kentucky I think. They have displays of dinosaurs on the "ark" as well. I wouldn't even be mad about that but he got 11 million dollars in taxes for a garbage theme park that NO ONE IS EVEN VISITING BECAUSE IT'S GARBAGE. The Friendly Atheist went to the opening day and there were hardly any people lol. 

http://www.dailymail...ld-opening.html
http://www.patheos.c...s=ark encounter

#437 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Lmao. That's so bad. Though, I admit, I feel a bit better knowing there are dumb Creationists in other parts of the world too. 

GIRL. You have no idea. They dominate us. WE'RE DOOMED!

#438 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

GIRL. You have no idea. They dominate us. WE'RE DOOMED!

I was ignorant to assume creationism was strictly a US phenomenon.

#439 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

Today I learned that...nevermind.

#440 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:41 AM

This guy I was arguing with because of the planet Proxima b, and was the one who opened my eyes to all this "the Earth is flat" crap, doesn't believe we were in the moon because, and I quote, "there's an invisible but very powerful barrier we can't go through past the point where planes fly", so Man was never in the moon, nor the space - all the photos taken from the space are fake, including the ones of the Earth and these ones are used by the governments and... wait for it... meteorologists to control the population. And he was sure all the youtube videos with such a bad editing that makes them look like a bad science movie from the 50's was enough to make me believe in these theories so he kept searching for them and showing them to me, and I was like "dude, go read a fucking book. google some knowledge" and he was "but you don't believe because you're naive and you got brainwashed by the meteorologists."

I was unable to end this convo because I was laughing so hard I started peeing myself, literally.

It makes me feel a bit better to know that moron people are everywhere and not only in Portugal.

Riding dinosaurs :lol2:

Dinosaurs in Noah's ark :lol2:

#441 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

TIL (with a discussion of a news about a women that gave birth to her son's child, after decided to be the surrogate) that a large number of people believe that:

1. a biological mother is the women that carries and gives birth to a child (and not the one who provides the egg).

2. the placenta is the vehicle through which a women gives her "genetic part" to the embryo, instead of the egg.

Lol we should a have a "stupid things stupid people believe" thread.

#442 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

2. the placenta is the vehicle through which a women gives her "genetic part" to the embryo, instead of the egg.

I can kind of understand the first one, but this someone slept through biology to come up with this one.

TIL you're supposed to drain ground beef before you eat it??

#443 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

This guy I was arguing with because of the planet Proxima b, and was the one who opened my eyes to all this "the Earth is flat" crap, doesn't believe we were in the moon because, and I quote, "there's an invisible but very powerful barrier we can't go through past the point where planes fly", so Man was never in the moon, nor the space - all the photos taken from the space are fake, including the ones of the Earth and these ones are used by the governments and... wait for it... meteorologists to control the population. And he was sure all the youtube videos with such a bad editing that makes them look like a bad science movie from the 50's was enough to make me believe in these theories so he kept searching for them and showing them to me, and I was like "dude, go read a fucking book. google some knowledge" and he was "but you don't believe because you're naive and you got brainwashed by the meteorologists."

I was unable to end this convo because I was laughing so hard I started peeing myself, literally.

It makes me feel a bit better to know that moron people are everywhere and not only in Portugal.

Riding dinosaurs :lol2:

Dinosaurs in Noah's ark :lol2:

I watched a "documentary" on Netflix about how the moon landing was a hoax. It was ridiculous. I was expecting there to be some interesting stuff, but with my very limited knowledge on astrophysics and other topics, I debunked every "reason it was a hoax" in my head as I was watching. Some people are really stupid.

But, the proxima centauri b makes me really excited about the project of sending a TINY (EFFING TINY) craft to that solar system, and receiving information from it within 25 years of it being deployed. I think that is ridiculously cool. Maybe more cool than I should admit.

#444 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:43 AM

I can kind of understand the first one, but this someone slept through biology to come up with this one.

I blame our educational system. Sexual education is a very recent thing and, despite the fact I have no idea what the hell is talked in such classes, I'm pretty sure they are doing a very bad job considering how ignorant about basic stuff people are.

And we didn't have biology classes unless you picked science in the last three years of school before you go to an university, which means, the majority of kids only got the basic of basics the human body functions (when I was in school we just learned things about the circulatory and respiratory system lol) that was talked in "natural sciences" that was supposed to teach us everything about live on earth, in 4 or 5 years of school... So my "generation" and older ones are completely ignorant about basic stuff unless they went to university or learned about it themselves.

Fortunately, things are different now. Kids learn about reproduction and hormonal systems as well as some bases of genetic, in the 9th year. Not all hope is lost lol.

I watched a "documentary" on Netflix about how the moon landing was a hoax. It was ridiculous. I was expecting there to be some interesting stuff, but with my very limited knowledge on astrophysics and other topics, I debunked every "reason it was a hoax" in my head as I was watching. Some people are really stupid.

But, the proxima centauri b makes me really excited about the project of sending a TINY (EFFING TINY) craft to that solar system, and receiving information from it within 25 years of it being deployed. I think that is ridiculously cool. Maybe more cool than I should admit.

I still have to watch a hoax video that seems legit. All crap looks like a bad scientific movie from the 50s when it comes to editing, especial effects and narrative. To be honest, most of them looks like they were made purposely to make people to not believe in hoaxes, but the theory conspiracionists (is that a word?) are so keen for attention and validation that they use those videos for their own purposes without being able to see how ridiculous the whole thing is lmao

#445 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

I blame our educational system. Sexual education is a very recent thing and, despite the fact I have no idea what the hell is talked in such classes, I'm pretty sure they are doing a very bad job considering how ignorant about basic stuff people are.
And we didn't have biology classes unless you picked science in the last three years of school before you go to an university, which means, the majority of kids only got the basic of basics the human body functions (when I was in school we just learned things about the circulatory and respiratory system lol) that was talked in "natural sciences" that was supposed to teach us everything about live on earth, in 4 or 5 years of school... So my "generation" and older ones are completely ignorant about basic stuff unless they went to university or learned about it themselves.
Fortunately, things are different now. Kids learn about reproduction and hormonal systems as well as some bases of genetic, in the 9th year. Not all hope is lost lol.

I don't really have room to talk, yesterday I learned that some boats are made of steel and still float? What is science

#446 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:54 AM

I don't really have room to talk, yesterday I learned that some boats are made of steel and still float? What is science

Wait until you learn about the ships made from concrete, that'll blow your mind.

#447 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:28 AM

TIL lemons weren't naturally occurring fruit but were created by humans some centuries ago. They are cross-bred from citrons and the sour orange (which is cross-bred from pomelo and mandarins). I guess life doesn't give us lemons. Life cross-pollinates lemons.

#448 N00dle

N00dle
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

Today I learned Vicks salve can repel mosquitos. It actually worked for me and I'm normally a neon sign lit all you can eat buffet for those little jerks.

#449 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:11 AM

TIL

#450 Bonks

Bonks
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

TIL that emotional intelligence is a thing