• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

When I go to Neocodex on my iPhone, every once in a while, the site theme switches to the mobile theme, which I do not want. This is particularly annoying because when I use the Blue Bohegeha theme, it turns into the mobile site theme. Then, when I click on the full version button on the mobile site, it changes the theme to the default one, and I have to manually change it back to the Blue Bohegeha theme. Because I am forced to do the whole switcharoo for themes, I get really annoyed and want to throw my phone at a wall. Is there any way to disable the mobile site completely so I don't have to keep changing the theme?

TLDR Mobile site is annoying, any way to completely disable it?

Edited by nitro, 27 July 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#2 Kau

Kau
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

THIS

The mobile site is extremely frustrating.

#3 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,201 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

I haven't been able to get it off the mobile version and onto the normal version for a few months.

#4 KyloRen

KyloRen
  • Snoke says I'm special.

• 5,103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

Agree. I hate the mobile version and it's annoying to have to click "full site" then have to scroll down and click the theme I want.

#5 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

Insofar as I know, there's no way to disable it, but I found out for myself just yesterday that pressing 'Full Version' on the mobile site before you log-in will let you have the usual theme you use when you do log-in. Then you don't have to screw around changing the site themes.

#6 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped

• 6,990 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

I keep myself logged in on my mobile and use "desktop version" setting on my phone and I think I've only encountered the mobile version once or twice. I've never found it to be annoying to click "view full version" and just log in :p

#7 GumCuzzler

GumCuzzler
  • Creature of the Night

• 921 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Also really dislike it. Sure, it takes a couple seconds to disable- but realistically how many people even use mobiles which require 'lite' themes? Willing to bet that majority of people who access codex on their mobile do so using a smart phone.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2,480 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Also really dislike it. Sure, it takes a couple seconds to disable- but realistically how many people even use mobiles which require 'lite' themes? Willing to bet that majority of people who access codex on their mobile do so using a smart phone.

Well its good for people who have tight bandwidth limits or just don't wanna waste it on loading everyone's signatures and all :p And ehh... Those of us who have crappy smartphones or devices with less than great web browsers appreciate the mobile version since it actually works, unlike the desktop versions >w< <3

#9 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Is there any updates to being able to permanently disable the mobile site theme? I recall an announcement about it investigating alternatives, any progress on that?

#10 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 8,997 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

Is there any updates to being able to permanently disable the mobile site theme? I recall an announcement about it investigating alternatives, any progress on that?

Take the 5 seconds to switch back.

#11 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

Take the 5 seconds to switch back.

Do I have to do that every 10 minutes when I'm on my phone? Not to mention there's bugs in the mobile site, you can't switch back to the full site unless you are in specific pages (home and notifications page are the only ones that work for me).

And since I'm using themes that aren't default, I have to switch back to the theme every time I get stuck on mobile site theme.

#12 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2,480 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Do I have to do that every 10 minutes when I'm on my phone? Not to mention there's bugs in the mobile site, you can't switch back to the full site unless you are in specific pages (home and notifications page are the only ones that work for me).

And since I'm using themes that aren't default, I have to switch back to the theme every time I get stuck on mobile site theme.

Sounds like an issue with your mobile browser's settings more than anything, I've never had that issue when I've used mobile Chrome and mobile Opera on Elin's phone and tablet o.o Which browser are you using? I can only switch to the mobile theme in threads and PMs on my 3DS' browser, otherwise it forces me to use the desktop version of the site which is incredibly broken because the browser in that thing is trash.

#13 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Sounds like an issue with your mobile browser's settings more than anything o.o Which browser are you using? I can only switch to the mobile theme in threads and PMs on my 3DS' browser, otherwise it forces me to use the desktop version of the site which is incredibly broken because the browser in that thing is trash.

I'm using Safari on my iPhone. Been through iOS 7 & 8, same problems though.

#14 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2,480 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

I'm using Safari on my iPhone. Been through iOS 7 & 8, same problems though.

Have you checked your cookie settings in Safari or tried any other browser? The issue might not happen in those ones :0

#15 Swar

Swar
  • com muito orgulho, com muito amor <3

• 9,066 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

I don't have the problem with the site changing to mobile, but the themes always change for me, so usually I give up and just use the default theme :p

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25,516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

Use your phone settings to request the desktop site. I also don't have a problem with the site changing to mobile so it doesn't seem to be an issue affecting everybody.

#17 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Use your phone settings to request the desktop site. I also don't have a problem with the site changing to mobile so it doesn't seem to be an issue affecting everybody.

While I can do that on Safari, it doesn't keep requesting the desktop site. I think Safari only asks for desktop for as long as the tab is open, not every time you go on the site.

#18 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,347 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

While I can do that on Safari, it doesn't keep requesting the desktop site. I think Safari only asks for desktop for as long as the tab is open, not every time you go on the site.

ProTip: Stop using safari. Chrome is far superior in every aspect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: halp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users