22 replies to this topic

#1 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

http://n.pr/1oelly8

"There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries," House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders said in a statement.

Are you fucking kidding me? How many times have republicans yelled at Obama for bypassing congress? Aren't they suing him right now for doing EXACTLY THAT? How do these people, these elected officials that decide everything for us, get to cherry pick when something is or isn't right or wrong? If you don't want him doing it, DON'T TELL HIM TO DO IT.

I'm in college majoring in Philosophy, Politics, and Law (one degree-PPL) and shit like this really motivates me to want to do everything I can to change the political landscape in this country. Everything is so fucked right now.

#2 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

#DonValentino4president

Haha, +1

#3 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

You're missing the point, Mr. Valentino (if that's even your real name, you don't look very American to me). President Obama bin Laden Hussein is a terrible president. He's supposed to be able to lead this country, and he just isn't qualified. Congress won't approve any of his plans, because he has bad plans. You can't blame congress for it's unwillingness to get shit done, when everything that is presented to them is a rotten, horrible idea that will never work and will always cost the taxpayers their freedom and worse... MONEY. If the president were to use his executive power without congressional approval, that's going over the heads of the people, and that is not the American way. 

The entire point of our little two party system is for those of us not in charge to set this nation up for failure so that those who ARE in charge get blamed for it.

At the end of the day, someone needs to be held accountable for the inactivity in Washington. Members of congress go to work every morning, maybe not always on time. Sometimes someone might tweet in a meeting or take a picture of their dick and send it to their interns. Sometimes they go into public bathrooms and tapdance for blowjobs, but that's THEIR RIGHT as an American citizen. That's FREEDOM. You know what isn't freedom? Our so-called 'president' having ideas and expecting everyone to listen to him because he's supposedly in charge. 

You might think that there is hypocrisy involved, and there isn't. One would have to actually posses a moral compass to become a hypocrite. You are using your logic when you should be using your gut. Your gut tells you the other guy is wrong no matter what (and also your gut tells you when you're hungry). In politics you have to spin it, you have to make it sensational to evoke anger from the people. Leave sense and reason out of it, there's no getting ahead by actually working WITH your peers. I'm right. He's wrong. He is ALWAYS WRONG.

p.s. Obama loves abortions.

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

hmm i like seeing this new side of @DonValentino lol. i don't know much about how american politics works but i watched mr. smith goes to washington last month and shit is complex. not to mention the lure of money politics to slow things down. 

#5 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

@punkrockbigmouth you complete me

#6 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

@punkrockbigmouth you complete me

Now kiss.

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

The worst part is they're a hydra. Boehner doesn't speak for his party any more than Lieberman speaks for the Democrats.

A couple of weeks ago Eric Cantor lost his seat in the House. That's right, the Majority fucking Leader lost his primary race to a Tea Party candidate. No one is steering the ship on their side. Boehner wears a captain's hat, but everyone assumes he just gets drunk in his cabin while the seamen run the ship. To mix metaphors, the inmates are now running the prison.

#8 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

I hope when you do get a chance to "change the political landscape," that you have more sense than blame everything on the other side. Our current system (more specifically the people running it) do need some help, but a big reason we are where we are is because of immature finger pointing as demonstrated in your post.

Edited by Josh, 03 August 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#9 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

I hope when you do get a chance to "change the political landscape," that you have more sense than to choose sides. Our current system (more specifically the people running it) do need some help, but a big reason we are where we are is because of immature finger pointing as demonstrated in your post.

It's disingenuous to claim that there is no difference between the two major parties.

"Immature finger pointing" reads to me as "engaging in political discourse."

#10 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

It's disingenuous to claim that there is no difference between the two major parties.

"Immature finger pointing" reads to me as "engaging in political discourse."

You missed my point. This "engaging in political discourse" has been going on for quite awhile in our government and clearly the people are not satisfied with the results of it. What profit does DonValentino's "discourse" about what the Republican party did in one incident have for the immigrants on my border? It's just as easy for me to bring up a "discourse" about a recent flaw the Democratic party has made, but in the end all of these "discourses" have not had any meaningful impact on the situation at hand. 

All I'm stating is that I hope if he ever does get to a position of power he will not get caught up in all of these meaningless "discourses" being thrown around by both sides.

#11 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

You missed my point. This "engaging in political discourse" has been going on for quite awhile in our government and clearly the people are not satisfied with the results of it. What profit does DonValentino's "discourse" about what the Republican party did in one incident have for the immigrants on my border? It's just as easy for me to bring up a "discourse" about a recent flaw the Democratic party has made, but in the end all of these "discourses" have not had any meaningful impact on the situation at hand. 

All I'm stating is that I hope if he ever does get to a position of power he will not get caught up in all of these meaningless "discourses" being thrown around by both sides.

And you missed mine.

My point was, immature finger pointing is almost an intrinsic part of the definition of politics. You're telling him to do something that is (I think anyway) fairly impossible.

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

I went to college and majored in Political Science as well, primarily because I'd like to see a change as well. The change needs to be among the electorate, not the ones in Washington. Not enough people care about politics/government, and I doubt they ever will. 

#13 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

And you missed mine.

My point was, immature finger pointing is almost an intrinsic part of the definition of politics. You're telling him to do something that is (I think anyway) fairly impossible.

I understand your point, and I do agree that it basically is intrinsic in the system. However, I don't agree that meaningless or immature finger pointing is intrinsic in the system. Take his post for example: What exactly is the intention behind his discourse? To show that the Republican party has flaws? Shouldn't we all know that by now? And if his discourse is successful, and the entire world realizes the Republican party has flaws, then how has this benefited the immigration crisis? 

I want to assume his intention is to show how crappy politics can be, and if indeed that is his intention I whole-heartedly agree, but I am finding it hard to come to that assumption since the rhetoric of his post seems so blatantly obvious to be anti-Republican. I really don't think I'm reaching far to say that his post does have that vibe. I think I would have had an easier time understanding his point if he would have had more examples from different parties.

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

I understand your point, and I do agree that it basically is intrinsic in the system. However, I don't agree that meaningless or immature finger pointing is intrinsic in the system. Take his post for example: What exactly is the intention behind his discourse? To show that the Republican party has flaws? Shouldn't we all know that by now? And if his discourse is successful, and the entire world realizes the Republican party has flaws, then how has this benefited the immigration crisis? 

I want to assume his intention is to show how crappy politics can be, and if indeed that is his intention I whole-heartedly agree, but I am finding it hard to come to that assumption since the rhetoric of his post seems so blatantly obvious to be anti-Republican. I really don't think I'm reaching far to say that his post does have that vibe. I think I would have had an easier time understanding his point if he would have had more examples from different parties.

The burden isn't on him to make arguments he doesn't agree with...

#15 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

The burden isn't on him to make arguments he doesn't agree with...

What? I didn't place any burdens on him. I was just rationalizing why I was having a hard time understanding and providing feedback. He doesn't have to do anything in any specific way, but at least for me I always appreciate when people give feedback on the way I present things. In fact that premise is at the core of the company I work at (Google). 

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I agree but it seems kind of pointless because everyone wants to complain but no one wants to vote. We had a primary in California and the turnout was embarrassingly low. One of the dudes running for secretary of state was arrested because he was caught accepting bribes and trafficking weapons from the Chinese mafia, he still got 10% of the vote from people who don't know wtf they're doing or who they're voting for.

#17 TheMob007

TheMob007
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

Politics can be excellent

With politics don't ask are u rep. or dem. very important

Politics can make a difference n the world. With the right people

With politics I want to hear everybody's opinion on Iraq.

#18 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Politics can be excellent

With politics don't ask are u rep. or dem. very important

Politics can make a difference n the world. With the right people

With politics I want to hear everybody's opinion on Iraq.

:thumbsup:  Spoken like a true politician.

#19 TheMob007

TheMob007
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Should politics run the country - with the political parties or be free to choose who u want ?

#20 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

Should politics run the country - with the political parties or be free to choose who u want ?

I'm curious to know your opinion on the matter.

#21 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'm curious to know your opinion on the matter.

I'm curious to know what the hell he means by either of his two previous posts...

#22 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

I can never discuss politics intelligently.

#23 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

Oh wow I had no idea people had been commenting on this, sorry @Josh My objective wasn't to bash Republicans, that specific incident just riled me up because it is a perfect example of how ineffective our government is at the moment. Literally (almost) nothing is getting done because the two sides are so entrenched on their sides of the aisle. But I do feel like the right wing side is a bit more at fault than the left. Say a bill is being discussed. The democrats will try to compromise, because they believe a small win is still advantageous over no win at all. But the majority of the right feels so so strongly about their views that they see compromise as failure. And then you have the tea partiers who are so anti government that it's unbelievable to me that they decided to run for office. Their whole objective is to block any type of welfare programs or anything that doesn't benefit the crazy people who voted for them. The two party system is flawed, and it's not all the republicans fault. I don't even consider myself a Democrat, really, my views are just more on the liberal side so that's the party that I have to side with. I could be an independent but then I'd just be wasting my vote. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: america

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users