[Guide] How to Get Userscripts | 2014

userscripts updated tampermonkey greasemonkey scripts mirror

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Speshel

Speshel
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hello all, as some of you may know, userscripts.org has been down for quite a period of time and userscripts are no longer accessible. There have been a few sites that have popped up, acting as a mirror for the old userscripts.org site. I will show you one of them that I find especially useful. Please comment if you know of any others.

Userscripts Mirror

or

WebExtender

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preparing Your Browser

Chrome Users

You are going to want to install Tampermonkey. This will allow you to run some of the scripts you find. Unfortunately, some scripts use code native to Greasemonkey.

Firefox Users

You are going to want to install Greasemonkey. This will allow you to run all scripts you find.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obtaining Scripts

Now, you are probably going to want some scripts if you're reading this. I will provide some links to some scripts, though a quick google search can find you a lot more on other forums as well as

userscripts-mirror.org

One script I would really recommend is Redirect Userscripts.org to Userscripts-MIRROR.org if you choose to use the userscripts-mirror site.

This will, as it sounds, redirect the old site to the new mirror site.

Now, for the scripts.

W35l3y makes some great scripts, some of the best by far. To see them, click this line of text.

NOTE: Most of W35l3y scripts do not work in Chrome w/ Tampermonkey. They will only work on Firefox w/ Greasemonkey!

Also, searching Google can be of great help, luckily for the lazy folk, clicking this text will do it for you!

Edited by Speshel, 09 August 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#2 RedLoveBlackHeart

RedLoveBlackHeart
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

Another website for scripts; http://www.webextender.net

#3 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

You just saved my life!  :wub: Thank you so much for this!

#4 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Just an FYI, w35l3y's scripts don't work for Chrome, only Firefox.

Some do, but the majority don't

#5 Speshel

Speshel
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Another website for scripts; http://www.webextender.net

Thanks, I'll add that to the list!

You just saved my life!  :wub: Thank you so much for this!

Haha, no problem. I found it myself a couple days ago and thought I'd share. Userscripts have really fallen in popularity lately unfortunately...

Just an FYI, w35l3y's scripts don't work for Chrome, only Firefox.

Some do, but the majority don't

Yea, I forgot to add that in. I'll mention that next to the link.

#6 rodn

rodn
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

@Speshel How do you install scripts without being able to use the "install" button on those mirror sites for userscripts?

#7 Speshel

Speshel
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

@Speshel How do you install scripts without being able to use the "install" button on those mirror sites for userscripts?

If I understand what you're saying, you would go to the "Source Code" tab and then depending on if you're using Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, find the "Create Script" button and then copy paste all the code into the textarea, then save the script. If you have any problems let me know! :)

EDIT: Oh and of course make sure you have Javascript enabled!

Edited by Speshel, 11 August 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#8 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

I miss being able to use w35l3y's battledome fight script.  It hasn't worked for me in weeks.

#9 rodn

rodn
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

If I understand what you're saying, you would go to the "Source Code" tab and then depending on if you're using Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, find the "Create Script" button and then copy paste all the code into the textarea, then save the script. If you have any problems let me know! :)

EDIT: Oh and of course make sure you have Javascript enabled!

I do that, but the scripts never work and they're scripts I've used before so it's kind of annoying.

How do I check to see if java's enabled?

#10 Speshel

Speshel
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

I do that, but the scripts never work and they're scripts I've used before so it's kind of annoying.

How do I check to see if java's enabled?

Sorry about the late response, would've got to you yesterday but was never notified of the post. 

First off, tell me what script it is, what browser you're using and then maybe click on the script under the addon menu and take a screenshot of it. Block out any personal info and then send it to me through PM or post here. From there I'll help you further.

Regarding Javascript, it all depends on your browser. I'll link a few sites to help you with that.

Chrome

Firefox

Hopefully this problem can be resolved :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: userscripts, updated, tampermonkey, greasemonkey, scripts, mirror

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users