• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

Point of this thread:

List:

A) 1 thing you're good at that you love doing

B) 1 thing you're bad at that but you still love doing

C) 1 thing you're good at but hate doing

D) 1 thing you're bad at that you hate doing (but have to?)

I'll start

A) I love eating and i think I'm good at it. I think I have a good palate and generally well informed opinions about food.

B) Cooking. I'm a very mediocre chef but I really like doing it! I really want to get better at it :p

C) I hate lying. I'm a great liar but I hate doing it because I'm someone who prefers being honest. But I'll do it for the sake of others.

D) Working out. I do it regularly but  I HATE IT and I am NOT good at it. My technique sucks, I have no stamina. Just NO BLAH.

GO

#2 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

A) I'm really good at selling stuff. The amount of money I've made of selling things at my school by persuading people to buy my things is ridiculous

B) I love swimming, but I have asthma and struggle with it

C) I'm good at public speaking but I'm starting to dislike it

D) Maths. I'm terrible at maths.

#3 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

a) Cooking

b) Swimming

c) Violining

d) Anything financial. Credit card statements are my nemesis.

#4 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Cool idea! 

Composing. I am definitely no super musical genius, but i do enjoy it and can do it decently :)

Singing. Love it and suck at it. lol (there are SO many things that could go here lol)

Awkward conversations/pauses/silences! I am pretty awesome at them, but hate them sooo much lol

Eating Slowly.. I am the fastest eater i know, i am so bad at eating slow and find it so boring lol.. oh the things you do for your digestive system lol.

That was fun :)

#5 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

A) Finding bargains/getting deals. I love going to flea markets/thrift shops and most of the clothes in my two closets are under $5.

B) Drawing. Actually this is more of a love/hate thing. I get so ridiculously proud of successfully finished art pieces but it can be so frustrating not being able to properly draw what you see in your head. 

C) School? I've always been top of my class and I guess I consider myself to be pretty smart but school's a fuckin drag man

D) Meeting new people. Ugh. UGH. UGGHGHHGHG

#6 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

A) giving head
B) dancing
C) talking to people
D) driving

#7 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

Point of this thread:

List:

I'll start

A) I love eating and i think I'm good at it. I think I have a good palate and generally well informed opinions about food.

B) Cooking. I'm a very mediocre chef but I really like doing it! I really want to get better at it :p

C) I hate lying. I'm a great liar but I hate doing it because I'm someone who prefers being honest. But I'll do it for the sake of others.

D) Working out. I do it regularly but  I HATE IT and I am NOT good at it. My technique sucks, I have no stamina. Just NO BLAH.

GO

A) I love making other people feel good. Whether it's by clowning around for them, joking around with them, just spending time with them, helping them out with things (big or small), lifting their spirits, or just being sincere - telling them things that make them feel good. It's easy for me to do it, partly because it makes me feel good as well, which is why I love it. <3

B) Rugby - I'm not very good at tackling, but I enjoy getting dirty, being in intense pain and shouting all around the pitch. Plus, it's good to be able to hold off a whole attacking pod on your own in a ruck. :p Also, mauling almost all the way up the pitch is fucking awesome, if rare. :D

C) I'm good at waiting, but I hate having to do it. If I want to do something, I want to do it now! ;_;

D) I hate goodbyes, especially with someone I may never see again. I can't stand them, I cry for the next few days, typically. :(

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Cooking

Writing

Cleaning

Math

#9 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

1) Cooking!! I love cooking so much!! It's loads of fun heheheh~ And then the best part is eating it all up afterwards :3c Or at least I think I'm good at it!!

2) Mmnnn.... Learning Japanese!! And well any other language lmao. I have a load of fun with it and it feels really great knowing that my vocab has improved slightly but god learning new kanjis and grammar and all is sorta hard and I have a horrible memory >w<

3) Going to school I suppose? Like I'm okay with doing the work but ughhhh get me away from the huge amount of work all the time and loads of people being loud ;_;

4) Talking to people I don't know irl >w> Especially on the phone.... Like I guess its not like I 100% hate it or anything? I just get nervous pretty easily and never really know what to say. I'm getting better at it though I think!!

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

wow this thread is relatively successful and that makes me happy

1) One thing I'm bad at but do often: MAKE RANDOM THREADS TO ENCOURAGE CONVERSATION

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Listening to other people

Cooking

Math

Talking on the phone

#12 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Being compassionate when others need it. 

Swimming, when my parents got divorced I got pulled out of swimming so everything I can do is more or less self taught.

Convincing people to do things.

Trying to figure out an answer to this question.

#13 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

1) Competitive Video Gaming

2) Lifting Weights

3) Working

4) Being Patient

#14 Lily

Lily
  • 279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

Helping friends/family when they need it.

Swimming. I'm pretty terrible at it :p

Memorizing facts/material. I'm pretty good at cramming information the night before a test, but I hate it. 

Confronting people. :/

#15 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

This thread title sounds so Dr. Seuss. XD

A) 1 thing you're good at that you love doing: Digital Art

B) 1 thing you're bad at that but you still love doing: Singing

C) 1 thing you're good at but hate doing: Playing the viola

D) 1 thing you're bad at that you hate doing (but have to?): Driving

#16 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Writing. I'm a decent creative writer, but a much better analytical writer. I write every day.
Meeting people. I'm a people watcher, but actually talking to new people is difficult for me. Also music and drawing. I have no formal training in either discipline and I wish I had had that as a youth.
Understanding garbled communication. I realize I have the benefit of post-secondary education, but when successful people can't form complete sentences it really gets my gourd. Communication is the foundation of everything! Why isn't it more highly valued?
Telling anyone how I feel. Not what I think, but how I feel. Emotion is deeply personal to me, and it's really hard to share.

#17 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

- i think i'm pretty good at drawing. i used to draw 2 still drawings of fruits, one monochromatic and another in color for an assignment and all my friends love it. my lecturer was impressed as well. he later decided to buy both of them.

- cooking. i can't do anything beyond frying and boiling suff. even then, most of them always turn out overcooked. but i love throwing stuff into the cooking pan and listening to the sizzling sound.

- i'm good at memorizing facts but i hate having to do so. if my patience is on par with my memory skills i'd be unstoppable!

- talking to people. i'm so awkward in real life i need help lol. i realize i'm pretty outspoken here in codex, but only to a certain degree.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

It seems like many of us are awful at but still enjoy:

swimming

cooking

singing

Interesting. I seriously find that interesting :D Probably because i normally hate doing things I'm not good at (point to my user title)

#19 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

It seems like many of us are awful at but still enjoy:

swimming

cooking

singing

Interesting. I seriously find that interesting :D Probably because i normally hate doing things I'm not good at (point to my user title)

i would've written swimming and singing too but the question asks for only one thing. xD i can't swim to save my life but floating for 3 seconds is somehow considered as swimming right? :p and as for singing, i can never be able to pull those long notes, darn it. :(

p/s: yeah, sex is gross. eww! (says the virgin)

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

i would've written swimming and singing too but the question asks for only one thing. xD i can't swim to save my life but floating for 3 seconds is somehow considered as swimming right? :p and as for singing, i can never be able to pull those long notes, darn it. :(

p/s: yeah, sex is gross. eww! (says the virgin)

My strongest suit as a singer is sustaining my notes because I have strong lungs. However, sadly the notes themselves are a bit amateur-ish due to lack of training :(

remain a virgin forever lest you be smote by God

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:47 AM

A) Being a Mom. I never thought I'd be good at it, but I am and it's the best.

B) Singing! I am a fucking terrible singer but you bet your sweet ass I will keep singing.

C) Drinking lolol Not sure about my tolerance now, but I used to be able to drink people under the table and I don't even like drinking. 

D) Cleaning. Gross. 

#22 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

A) Reading. I guess it's kind of a weird thing to be "good" at but I've always had a knack for interpreting poetry and literature.
B) Video games. I'm always pretty terrible at multiplayer video games (besides Pokemon :p), including Minecraft, LoL, and anything involving shooting. But I enjoy them nonetheless.
C) Academia. I could probably go far in academia, but I find it far too masturbatory.
D) Anything involving interpersonal relationships.

#23 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

A) I'm good at art, I love drawing and painting and EVERYTHING about it.  And I admit there thousands of people out there better than me, but I still think I am good at drawing and whatnot.

B) I decent cooking skills, but I still love cooking - tis art to me!  I like to smell the ingredients and imagine them with the meal and mix them in because I think everything will work out...  AND THEN IT SUCKS.

C) I'm good at driving, but I absolutely hate it.  It's so hectic and I feel like I'm going into a warzone everytime I leave the parking lot.

D) I'm bad at cleaning and I hate doing it.  I HATE IT SO MUCH.  My fiance does most of the cleaning XD

A) Finding bargains/getting deals. I love going to flea markets/thrift shops and most of the clothes in my two closets are under $5.

B) Drawing. Actually this is more of a love/hate thing. I get so ridiculously proud of successfully finished art pieces but it can be so frustrating not being able to properly draw what you see in your head. 

C) School? I've always been top of my class and I guess I consider myself to be pretty smart but school's a fuckin drag man

D) Meeting new people. Ugh. UGH. UGGHGHHGHG

I feel the same way! If my drawings aren't the same as I imagined them being - I get so depressed... Especially when I've spent hours on it.

D:

#24 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

I feel the same way! If my drawings aren't the same as I imagined them being - I get so depressed... Especially when I've spent hours on it.

D:

Exactly. You spend hours drawing it and it doesn't come right, so you spend more hours fixing it and it still doesn't come out right/comes out worse but you're too invested in it to throw it out and start over and it's just a big downhill headache from there :D

#25 Loccy

Loccy
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

A) Popular culture. Movies, singers, actors, etc, etc. Anything to do with any part of the entertainment industry

B) Singing. Getting better at it though. slowly.....

C) Customer service. Cant wait to be out of that industry :@

D) House upkeep. Cleaning dishes and floors and things of the like. It takes me a good hour to do the dishes because I get distracted so much -.-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, alwaysgood, never bad, never bleh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users