What do you name your Pokémon?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 ninjaweeb

ninjaweeb
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:57 AM

I used to name them all something that began with 'R', for some odd reason?? But now that I don't know them all as well as I used to, I just keep them as is so I can learn them again :p

#27 stormcloak

stormcloak
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

I had a Pikachu named "funnylookingcat" but that's all I can remember

#28 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx
  • 52 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Normally I don't name my Pokemon, but I did call my Empoleon (started) "Emmy" once.

#29 rintastic

rintastic

• 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

I always name my pokemon "real people names" but I don't spend much time thinking about them so their names usually have no relation to what pokemon they are. I had a team of eevees with rhyming names but the only one I remember is Caddie my vapoureon

#30 Starving

Starving
  • 35 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

For my competitive team I have them named the same thing, but with a number after it so it doesnt break the rules. 

for my causal team I just try to make up something on the spot. It could be Bob & greg, or Ronifie & Plarnut.

#31 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

• 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

I normally don't end up naming them anything. I am indecisive and switch my team up a lot so its just easier to leave them as is. -.-'

#32 aritsumiki

aritsumiki
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

I usually go with a theme. Once, I went with all Latin words. Sometimes I just make up nice-sounding names.

#33 ameowica

ameowica
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

I just keep their original names.

#34 clim

clim
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Usually dedicate names to a theme per game. Last time I think it was mythological/folklore. 

#35 psieks

psieks
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

The first game where I named any of my Pokemon was Gen 4, and that was only because I was making themed teams and wanted to keep them organized. Generally I stick to names from the Redwall Saga. In gen 6 I actually named my team for the main story using MORE Redwall names. The names turned out well: Ungatt Trunn the Meowstic, Chickenhound the Delphox, Urran Voh the Venusaur, Hawm the Aurorus, etc.

#36 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1,560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

I give them really lame dognames. Like, electric pokemon are always called Sparky or something. And fluffy pokemon are Fluffball or Fluffkins.

#37 Kraehe

Kraehe

• 97 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Omg. I admit that I went through this phase when I was a kid when I wanted to name ALL the Pokemon I caught.  :lol2: The names were usually Japanese-themed. 

#38 Chuuya

Chuuya
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:59 AM

I dont I just name my slave 

#39 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

Sometimes you gotta name one: "Oh sh*t, I"

Because... "Oh sh*t, I used Earthquake!" and "Oh sh*t, I fainted!" DO U GET IT

Battles with friends become awesome. :lol2: 

I may have done "My -insert body part here-" as well ehueueueue  :ninja:

#40 Tidalzombies

Tidalzombies
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

During the earlier generations, I would rename my Pokemon with the same name but with proper capitalization instead. The ALL CAPS format really bothered me!  :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users