Quantcast

Photo

Who has a minecraft account, but isn't playing on our server?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

And why the fuck not?

Kidding! Kinda. It's an almost totally Vanilla server, with a mobhealth mod - that's pretty much all we've added. We've got a few cool things planned for implementing post-1.8, and I'm thinking about hosting some interesting ("") events before that.

We've just added a browseable, live map here, so you can have a quick top-down peek at where we are, and what we're doing. Also very useful for locating temples we may have wandered past but missed in the passing!

To get online, all you have to do is PM me, @Vaping, or @Ivysaur to be added to the whitelist, and then you'll be good to go!

Seriously. There's nothing to lose, except hours of your day!

#2 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Well I guess I should check to see that my Minecraft is up-to-date. I haven't played in YEARS so I'll be a little behind.

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

Well I guess I should check to see that my Minecraft is up-to-date. I haven't played in YEARS so I'll be a little behind.

GET ON. WE COMMAND YOU.

MUAHAHA

Also, I want to do a quick shoutout to @Sweeney for being such an awesome admin.

You're doing a great job Joe!

#4 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Ahhh! I can only hope i find enough time to get on the server more often, been so busy this past month ><

#5 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Err, I bought the game when it was in beta and haven't really played since then.

Is there any reason my account would have been deleted or inactivated? I can't login through the launcher and their website says something about poking servers when I try to recover my username.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

It's sad that I can only play at weekends :(

#7 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'd upgrade my copy but there's no way to disable or at least hide hunger in survival mode yet is there? :x

Err, I bought the game when it was in beta and haven't really played since then.

Is there any reason my account would have been deleted or inactivated? I can't login through the launcher and their website says something about poking servers when I try to recover my username.

That's sorta weird!! I got my account back in alpha, haven't logged in for about two or three years and I was able to log in just fine just now :0 Maybe go have a look around their help page thing?

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Err, I bought the game when it was in beta and haven't really played since then.Is there any reason my account would have been deleted or inactivated? I can't login through the launcher and their website says something about poking servers when I try to recover my username.

You will have to make, or merge, a mojang account. I don't remember exactly how, but they changed the minecraft login when they expanded from just Minecraft to be a full games company. There's probably googly instructions somewhere ^_^

I'd upgrade my copy but there's no way to disable or at least hide hunger in survival mode yet is there?

We use survival mode, so we have hunger. It's only Normal difficulty so far, though, so it's not too bad - can't kill you. Plus we spawned near a village, so we are rolling in carrots and potatoes.

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

Can someone point me in the direction of some sheep?

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Can someone point me in the direction of some sheep?

You just have to go wandering. They'll follow you if you hold wheat. There's always a load in the jungle, too ^^

#11 Parasol

Parasol
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Oh dang, I didn't even know you guys had a MC server! I've been interested in one that's more active.

Is everyone building in a general area, or is the server more spread out? Checking the dynamic map, it looks like people are pretty close together.

#12 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

I had no idea there was a minecraft server either! Even though I also haven't played in years... I don't even remember my login info o.O but if I ever do play again I suppose it would make sense to play on the NC server

#13 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Come everyone, we have cake!

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Oh dang, I didn't even know you guys had a MC server! I've been interested in one that's more active.

Is everyone building in a general area, or is the server more spread out? Checking the dynamic map, it looks like people are pretty close together.

We have a pretty central main village around the original spawn, but people also have established secondary footholds in a few distant biomes. Ice plains to the east, and mesa to the south, primarily. We have rail connections to both ^_^

Ahhh! I can only hope i find enough time to get on the server more often, been so busy this past month ><

I don't think you've been on the new server yet, have you?
It's about time you got up and on here.

Also, I want to do a quick shoutout to @Sweeney for being such an awesome admin.
You're doing a great job Joe!

:blush:
Not that great :p We spiked to 160% disk usage yesterday, and I got a stern email from the host :p

And I'm pretty sure I saw @Rocket on the old server. Where she at? Girl?

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

And I'm pretty sure I saw @Rocket on the old server. Where she at? Girl?

I'm on vacation, I'll check it out when I get back the week after next :p

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

I know everyone wants to see me on buuut...you'll have to wait until tomorrow :p
I actually went out tonight.

#17 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

I haven't played Mine craft for ages because it takes up too much memory on my machine. I'll pop on by once u get it working properly. Til then, have fun!

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

I'm on vacation, I'll check it out when I get back the week after next :p

I suppose this is a reasonable excuse. Just :p

#19 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Too busy playing L2 :p

#20 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Much lag right now... :(

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

WTF... is it just me, or have all the mob farms and animal pens been cleared out and broken/no longer working? I just logged onto the server then and it seems that my autofarmer now has no villager and no hopper minecarts.... @Neoquest's Iron Farm no longer has villagers, all of @Swarley's dyed sheep are gone, all of @Nymh's animals are gone, all of our horses are gone, @Sweeney's Gold Farm is dead too, from what I could see of it. OH NOES!

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:51 AM

WTF... is it just me, or have all the mob farms and animal pens been cleared out and broken/no longer working? I just logged onto the server then and it seems that my autofarmer now has no villager and no hopper minecarts.... @Neoquest's Iron Farm no longer has villagers, all of @Swarley's dyed sheep are gone, all of @Nymh's animals are gone, all of our horses are gone, @Sweeney's Gold Farm is dead too, from what I could see of it. OH NOES!

Agh, this is my fault. I was working with some commands and messed up pretty hardcore. I didn't realise until later.
I'll be replacing as much as I can today - if I miss anything, let me know and I'll sort it out.

I'll put a place for people to come retrieve horses and ocelots. It's in front of Bone's church, temporarily.

#23 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

@Sweeney if mob griefing is off, can we summon withers in a closed space and just hit it through a block space or does it destroys everything even with mob griefing off?

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

@Sweeney if mob griefing is off, can we summon withers in a closed space and just hit it through a block space or does it destroys everything even with mob griefing off?

I don't think it will destroy any block at all with griefing off.

#25 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

Thank you @Sweeney (and @Nymh ) for showing me the basics!! I'll be coming in more often now that I have a better idea of what to do :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users