Quantcast

Photo

Who has a minecraft account, but isn't playing on our server?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#26 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:50 AM

Thank you @Sweeney (and @Nymh ) for showing me the basics!! I'll be coming in more often now that I have a better idea of what to do :D

Yaaaay!

For more complicated things, and general info, the Gamepedia wiki is a really good place to start. Their little video tutorials are great.

#27 aurag2

aurag2
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

I might check it out tonight. Commenting so I don't lose the thread.

#28 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yaaaay!

For more complicated things, and general info, the Gamepedia wiki is a really good place to start. Their little video tutorials are great.

I want to join but definitely need to earn a thing or two first...will let you know once I am able to humbly demonstrate to everyone just how little I know of Minecraft by joining. :p

#29 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

I want to join but definitely need to earn a thing or two first...will let you know once I am able to humbly demonstrate to everyone just how little I know of Minecraft by joining. :p

Just come online right now and Joe and I will teach you :D

#30 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

Just come online right now and Joe and I will teach you :D

Oh boy...you sure? I'm definitely not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I don't give up and will make a long-term playing effort. :) Do I need to send you my username there or something and then get server information?

#31 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Oh boy...you sure? I'm definitely not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I don't give up and will make a long-term playing effort. :) Do I need to send you my username there or something and then get server information?

Yes, to all of these things :)

#32 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

Who still plays on this server?  I'm a little tempted to buy the game....

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

Who still plays on this server?  I'm a little tempted to buy the game....

It's not as busy as it was the first month, but Cristen and I come on everyday. Mike is on for a while most days. Nikki and Matt and Matt come on now and then. Kord and Slaughter just got whitelisted today :)

#34 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'll be on tomorrow :)

#35 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

I just wandered into a dark area and died (oops!)...this is awesome, thank you very much @Nymh and @Sunscorch for getting me acclimated! I'm not sure how much longer I will poke around on it tonight, but I definitely know what I'll be spending some weekend time on. :)

#36 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

I just wandered into a dark area and died (oops!)...this is awesome, thank you very much @Nymh and @Sunscorch for getting me acclimated! I'm not sure how much longer I will poke around on it tonight, but I definitely know what I'll be spending some weekend time on. :)

Oh noes!  Once you get some armor that won't be much of a problem anymore.  Have fun!  Feel free to send either of us a message if you need anything.

#37 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

Oh noes!  Once you get some armor that won't be much of a problem anymore.  Have fun!  Feel free to send either of us a message if you need anything.

Thanks, I'm good! One question I do have (and apologies for how general and basic it likely is to everyone), but until I get my own stuff all settled and made to be safe, and I safe from the lurking evil things at night if I am in town around well-lit areas?

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, I'm good! One question I do have (and apologies for how general and basic it likely is to everyone), but until I get my own stuff all settled and made to be safe, and I safe from the lurking evil things at night if I am in town around well-lit areas?

Preeeeeetty safe? But not 100% just from light. You want to be totally closed in, behind a door or blocks or a fence or whatnot to be totally safe.

#39 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

For the moooooooooooost part, yes.  Spiders can still jump over the fence and get into town, and occasionally a zombie will spawn on a roof.

#40 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Preeeeeetty safe? But not 100% just from light. You want to be totally closed in, behind a door or blocks or a fence or whatnot to be totally safe.

For the moooooooooooost part, yes.  Spiders can still jump over the fence and get into town, and occasionally a zombie will spawn on a roof.

Thank you both. WOW...this is just so beautiful what you all have set up...I'm enjoying having a stroll and look-see around at things. :)

#41 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Did you jump in the well, yet? :p

#42 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

Did you jump in the well, yet? :p

No, what happens? Is that the thing that had an Out of Order sign on it?

Ugh, I saw daylight and left a building I'd ducked into, but something beat me down to only about one life bit left. Definitely I've got a lot of practicing to do!

Edited by Kord, 19 September 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#43 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

No, what happens? Is that the thing that had an Out of Order sign on it?

Ugh, I saw daylight and left a building I'd ducked into, but something beat me down to only about one life bit left. Definitely I've got a lot of practiving to do!

That skeleton was under a tree - normally they burn in daylight, but can survive in the shade. I killed it for you :p

And yeah, the KEEP OUT signs ;)

#44 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

That skeleton was under a tree - normally they burn in daylight, but can survive in the shade. I killed it for you :p

And yeah, the KEEP OUT signs ;)

Thank you for killing it. :) And no, I was curious about the Keep Out thing but avoided the temptation.

#45 ShamrockFace

ShamrockFace
  • 12 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

I just recently got the game for the pc and added the yogscast mods to it. Does that affect me from trying to join you all? Or since the server is vanilla then I would be too?

#46 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

I just recently got the game for the pc and added the yogscast mods to it. Does that affect me from trying to join you all? Or since the server is vanilla then I would be too?

If you're playing with a modpack, you'd need to set up a seperate profile to play on the Codex server. We play pure vanilla 1.8, which is the newest version.

#47 ShamrockFace

ShamrockFace
  • 12 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Okay thanks! I'll probably email this weekend when I have time to play to see how to get set up :) 

#48 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Okay thanks! I'll probably email this weekend when I have time to play to see how to get set up :)

It's awesome, you should join. :) I was on briefly over the weekend and may pop on a bit tonight before I crawl off to bed...I'm still very much a n00b but have been practicing a bit in single-player mode, feeling ready to get back on the server later though to try to make a little progress. :D

#49 Riku

Riku
  • 72 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

Does the server require you have an active paid subscription to the full game in order to join?

#50 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

Does the server require you have an active paid subscription to the full game in order to join?

No subscription, it's just a one time purchase of the game, which is $28 I think.

Every month people can chip in towards the server cost to keep it up and running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users