laboratory neopets random

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GirlFierce

GirlFierce
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

Can someone confirm this?
I've been puzzled by something... Having 3 lab accs, I sometimes login on them in very close times and the results are the same.

Today, I started an experiment. Opening them in 3 different places, and clicked to zap all at the same time.

Results:

... and he gains 3 movement points!!!!

(yes, all male)

I asked some people on "The Lab Ray Topic" but most agreed that the lab results were random.

So I may be saying something with this topic that you may already know (the Lab is not totally random). But some people don't.

Well, if this is true, it can have many uses. For example, you can paint all your pets at the same time. Or improve all their skills.

I will continue this experiment.

Please share your experiences if you noticed this too.

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

i'm pretty sure they're random lol. but yeah, repeat the same thing tomorrow and let's see what happens. :p

#3 gunthergrass

gunthergrass
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

yeah random..........or it aleast is suppose to be

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

It might be possible that it's not random, but the intervals at which certain outcomes pop up are fine and statistically distributed for balance (more units of +HP in the spectrum than a color change) which makes it feel like it's random. I can't completely accept that the lab ray is completely random only based on second hand information and positions people take out of complacency and lack of ambition. For your case, you must have really good timing.

Let's pretend for a second that the lab ray is NOT random and results comes at certain intervals with each unit per interval being less than once minute. I know that the intervals are less than a minute because I'm neurotic about using the lab ray around 00:00 and before 00:01. The results have been different consistently.

What if the intervals per outcome in <60 second intervals? Possibility in 5 second intervals or quite possibly: split second intervals. I remember with running the lab ray at exactly 00:00, the most common outcome I receive is -2 levels. I can't really say anything more without more data.

Another thing to consider is how long one cycle is. A cycle is one complete string of outcomes before being repeated throughout the day.

Some many possible factors, not enough of an attention span to actually devote to uncovering.

#5 GirlFierce

GirlFierce
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

i'm pretty sure they're random lol. but yeah, repeat the same thing tomorrow and let's see what happens. :p

I'll continue the experiments (I had suddenly a Beakman's World feeling).

It might be possible that it's not random, but the intervals at which certain outcomes pop up are fine and statistically distributed for balance (more units of +HP in the spectrum than a color change) which makes it feel like it's random. I can't completely accept that the lab ray is completely random only based on second hand information and positions people take out of complacency and lack of ambition. For your case, you must have really good timing.

Let's pretend for a second that the lab ray is NOT random and results comes at certain intervals with each unit per interval being less than once minute. I know that the intervals are less than a minute because I'm neurotic about using the lab ray around 00:00 and before 00:01. The results have been different consistently.

What if the intervals per outcome in <60 second intervals? Possibility in 5 second intervals or quite possibly: split second intervals. I remember with running the lab ray at exactly 00:00, the most common outcome I receive is -2 levels. I can't really say anything more without more data.

Another thing to consider is how long one cycle is. A cycle is one complete string of outcomes before being repeated throughout the day.

Some many possible factors, not enough of an attention span to actually devote to uncovering.

Thank you for share your experiences. I guess I'll start with the 5 seconds experiment as I usually run them in less than this when I get the similar results.

I first want to see if the randomness is true or not. Then, I'll try to start the "which time of the day is the best to zap my pets" part, if that's possible. Maybe this is made using cycles, as you said. So, if you know at which time the lab painted your pet or gave him +stats, you'll be able to know when it will give you again the same. MAYBE.

I'll start with random pets. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll create the same specie and gender Neopets, with the same amount of letters on its names.  :lol2:

movie_xfiles.jpg

#6 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Well, it's almost certainly not truly random, but that's not what this thread is really about. :p

#7 Sleep

Sleep
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

I've always been curious about this as well. Seems like when I zap at certain time intervals I get the same nonsense. Coincidence? Perhaps not. :p

#8 GirlFierce

GirlFierce
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

1st day, using less than 5 sec interval.

Results:
Green female Jetsam: ... and she changes colour to Chocolate!!

Pirate female Krawk ... and she changes gender!!!!

Green male Grarrl: ... and he loses 2 defence points!!!!

ok so a big fail so far.  :lol2:

I'll continue it tho.

Didn't look at the clock to see the time, my big fault.

Next time I'll try when the clock start at 0"

Edited by GirlFierce, 21 August 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#9 abbatoir

abbatoir
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

I wonder sometimes, especially since gender changes tend to repeat across accounts for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laboratory, neopets, random

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users