Quantcast

Photo

This is disgusting

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

**I really suck at embedding videos... :/

Edited by Magical, 30 August 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#2 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

I saw this earlier.. 

Apparently in one day, people donated 48k to him through his BF who set up a donation page.

Beyond that I don't know.

I wish him happiness and hopefully he can make his own family.

So much for unconditional love. 

#3 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

uhh i don't know. both sides sound so intolerable to each other. :/ i'm of the opinion that you should respect your parents eventhough you don't agree with them.

closet gays ftw.

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

"I support you, but I don't support what you do." What the fuck? Are people still this intolerable of someone else's lifestyle in 2014? I got chills watching this video. . .I'm disgusted.

#5 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

btw i'm glad this is not another gun-related topic.. lol

#6 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

uhh i don't know. both sides sound so intolerable to each other. :/ i'm of the opinion that you should respect your parents eventhough you don't agree with them.

closet gays ftw.

Being a victim of long-term physical abuse, it just disturbs me. It makes me sick.

Unconditional love is what should be given by parents. It's clear that they've abandoned it, and now him. The fact that his parents attacked him physically for coming out to them is mortifying.

The fact that they tried to use their Christian values against him is just so wrong. By their logic, people with down syndrome chose to be their way.

That aside. They have proved that as parents, they have failed, simply from watching how they have reacted.

Edited by Magical, 30 August 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

btw i'm glad this is not another gun-related topic.. lol

ok

#8 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

"I support you, but I don't support what you do." What the fuck? Are people still this intolerable of someone else's lifestyle in 2014? I got chills watching this video. . .I'm disgusted.

They're full of hypocrisy. I have a feeling they might be a family from the 'bible belt' of the US. What they've done to their son is tantamount to abandoning all of their religious values.

Yeah, I must admit I was rather shell shocked when I watched this earlier today. Parents will only be supportive on their terms? It doesn't make any sense.

#9 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

Ugh, this make me so sad. The comments on the video didn't help much either. 

I just don't understand how people can just abandon their child like that. I can understand not agreeing with it because some people are just raised that way. This is their child though. Even if I didn't agree with it, I would never do this to my kid. I'd rather he or she be happy. 

Oh well. I hope he has great friends who support him. Blood doesn't make you family. 

#10 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Ugh, this make me so sad. The comments on the video didn't help much either. 

I just don't understand how people can just abandon their child like that. I can understand not agreeing with it because some people are just raised that way. This is their child though. Even if I didn't agree with it, I would never do this to my kid. I'd rather he or she be happy. 

Oh well. I hope he has great friends who support him. Blood doesn't make you family. 

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! :D This guy can use this opportunity to rise above them and make his life successful and give a nice big FU to them. I really hope this promotes awareness about coming out and as an example of how parents and loved ones should not react.

#11 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ugh, the hypocrisy in this video is appalling.

• "I support you, but I don't support what you do?"  If you don't support what someone does, then you don't support them. >__<
  • "I have friends that are gay, but they're not related to me." Oh, you can respect gay people who are unrelated to you, but you can't respect your own gay son?

This guy is better off without these people.  I hope he'll be okay.

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ugh, the hypocrisy in this video is appalling.

• "I support you, but I don't support what you do?"  If you don't support what someone does, then you don't support them. >__<
  • "I have friends that are gay, but they're not related to me." Oh, you can respect gay people who are unrelated to you, but you can't respect your own gay son?

This guy is better off without these people.  I hope he'll be okay.

AND that the mom says "I knew you were gay since you were little" WTF? and she still thinks it's a choice?? 

Unfortunately I live in the south and there are A LOT of people who still think like this. People I went to school with waited until they moved away from home before they came out so if their parents acted like this they wouldn't get kicked out of home and cut off... just sad.

#13 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

This makes me so sad :( I want to offer this guy to come live with me.

I hate how we're in this day and age where so much is acceptable and normal now, yet some people still live inside their tiny boxes.

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

closet gays ftw.

Some people don't deserve respect. Even if they're your parents.

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Here is the followup story... this is so inspiring <3 

http://www.dailymail...0-help-him.html

#16 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

How can people do that to their own child? I just don't see how...

I'm 21 and I've never come home with a guy and my parents flat out asked me if I was gay to make sure I'd know they would still love me if I was.

It's like the boy says, you don't choose it, it's who you are sheez :(

#17 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yikes, the first few minutes of this video were bad, but I didn't understand why everyone was so disgusted, then 3 minutes on... yikes. This family is so trashy... Props to the kid for holding on to whatever he was filming this with so he could share this video. Do we know who was there? Mom and dad? I haven't read anything about this until now.

#18 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

Some people don't deserve respect. Even if they're your parents.

Exactly! Parents are given respect up until a point in a child's life where then they need to begin to earn it. His clearly don't warrant any sort of it.

Here is the followup story... this is so inspiring <3 

http://www.dailymail...0-help-him.html

<3 He could've let himself be really affected by it and let it eat away at him, but I'm so glad he hasn't!

I'm thinking that once their gay friends hear about this they won't be friends anymore. And yeah, the hypocrisy oozes from their mouths.

#19 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

He comes from a family of ignorant animals.

#20 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

He comes from a family of ignorant animals.

Amen.

#21 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

This gave me the chills as well...  :ohwell:  Not much to say about it, everybody can see how sad it is that people like this boys parents exist. Even using religion as an excuse for their corrupt self centered minds... I did LOL when the woman said "that you have chosen to chose". I lived for a long time with a BPD parent so I know what these kind of crazy outburst situations are like. But the amount I've learned from it all is great and I've become a stronger person so in the end I won.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users