Quantcast

Photo

My first ever original invention in Minecraft... Slime-vator!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

I am super-pleased with this thing!

It's got a footprint of 6x5 blocks, and only uses one slime block, two pistons and two repeaters per level. Plus a tripwire and some redstone dust, of course. Works allllmost 100% of the time, and is easily resettable if you get stuck - just walk off the slime block you ended up on, and you should finish your journey in one piece.

I also love the down-punchinator that I showed in there. Two-tick delay between the inverted "trapdoor" piston and the downwards slime block gives a nice little boost to downward speed that's almost totally pointless! Just my style!

(In other news, I just made gfycats embeddable...)

#2 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

I sorta want to make this.

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

Nice job, Sweeney! Unfortunately it uses way too much obsidian :p

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

Very cool. Always wanted to be able to implement a compact elevator. :p

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

Nice job, Sweeney! Unfortunately it uses way too much obsidian :p

It doesn't have to be obsidian. It can be made of anything, and only the parts of the structure that the slime blocks touch have to be non-sticky. Those bits could be leaf blocks, melons, pumpkins - even furnaces would work.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

It doesn't have to be obsidian. It can be made of anything, and only the parts of the structure that the slime blocks touch have to be non-sticky. Those bits could be leaf blocks, melons, pumpkins - even furnaces would work.

That's actually really useful... I didn't know about non-sticky blocks besides obsidian. If you didn't tell me I'd probably have a hard time building with slime blocks haha

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

When did you update?

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

When did you update?

I made a special profile for playing with 1.8pre3 this afternoon :p Just 'cause.

#9 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

I made a special profile for playing with 1.8pre3 this afternoon :p Just 'cause.

Oh okay! :3

#10 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

Very cool :D I've been playing around with the 1.8 pre3 snapshot as well :D (Haven't invented anything useful... yet. I notice that you're using a seed of our minecraft server map ;) hehe

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Very cool :D I've been playing around with the 1.8 pre3 snapshot as well :D (Haven't invented anything useful... yet. I notice that you're using a seed of our minecraft server map ;) hehe

Yeah, I'm going to build some stuff for the map that works in the terrain, so the seed will help me do that =P

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

Made me a nice mob farm last night but it's going to be a PITA to make on the server :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users