What do you do when you're miserable? T__T

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

I'm done with school, have nothing to do but decide whether or not I want to look for a job or go to grad school, my significant other is a BAGILLION MILES AWAY for a while getting his phd, and I'm beginning to think taking a break was the worst idea in the world :unsure: all it's done is given me plenty of extra time to think of reasons to be miserable!  :crybaby:

Usually I just eat tons of 80% cocoa chocolate and watch Pride and Prejudice (The 1995 BBC version is my favorite) But this is failing me T____T suggestions???

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm complaining! but I do appreciate the NC community ^-^ you guys are my friends! and I'd like to believe some of you feel the same (just lie to me.... Sweeney... lel)

#2 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

Try something new.

Go for a walk outside.

Fresh air does amazing things.

I run until I fall over.

Do some yoga.

Take a shower.

If all else fails, go take a nap. It's the human version of 'have you tried restarting it?'

Can you skype your partner? Go on TC usually I get giggles out of that. 

Get a tub of icing and animal crackers. Adult dunk a roos. 

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

Drink. A lot. I've yet to find a suitable nepenthe though.

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

Drink. Cry. Fetal Position. Rinse. Repeat.

Sorry I can't be of much help :(

#5 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Try something new.

Go for a walk outside.

Fresh air does amazing things.

I run until I fall over.

Do some yoga.

Take a shower.

If all else fails, go take a nap. It's the human version of 'have you tried restarting it?'

Can you skype your partner? Go on TC usually I get giggles out of that. 

Get a tub of icing and animal crackers. Adult dunk a roos. 

I do yoga, run, shower daily, and sleep like it's my job lol yes, we skype, but it's just not the same... I guess I should go get those animal crackers now, huh?

Drink. A lot. I've yet to find a suitable nepenthe though.

Jesus Waser!!!.... I'll consider it bwahahaha

#6 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Wallow. 

Nah, read a book, go for a walk, talk to friends, watch Netflix, read more books, drink, start writing a book, drink more when I fail, etc.

#7 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

Keeping working because I will get fired if I don't.

Edited by talbs, 02 September 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

I resorted to writing friendfiction once after watching an episode of Bob's Burgers. It has less butt touching and more spelunking in the nearby mountains.

I also roll around on the floor until I hit something.

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

I get drunk and flirt with strangers.

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Drink.

"Play with yourself".

Do both together and you'll never want anything else.

#11 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

Drink.

"Play with yourself".

Do both together and you'll never want anything else.

I like your style.

Edited by talbs, 02 September 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#12 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Run or sleep.

#13 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Go outside and start some fires meet people and do some of your favorite hobbies.  Apologies if this isn't any help.  Hope you feel better. :)

#14 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

Get a part time job maybe?

Read books/watch netflix/learn something new.

#15 RedLoveBlackHeart

RedLoveBlackHeart
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

Find something you like doing. Find a hobby. Anything you enjoy doing to pass the time.

#16 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/

#17 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm done with school, have nothing to do but decide whether or not I want to look for a job or go to grad school, my significant other is a BAGILLION MILES AWAY for a while getting his phd, and I'm beginning to think taking a break was the worst idea in the world :unsure: all it's done is given me plenty of extra time to think of reasons to be miserable!  :crybaby:

Usually I just eat tons of 80% cocoa chocolate and watch Pride and Prejudice (The 1995 BBC version is my favorite) But this is failing me T____T suggestions???

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm complaining! but I do appreciate the NC community ^-^ you guys are my friends! and I'd like to believe some of you feel the same (just lie to me.... Sweeney... lel)

ahh my life right now! :)  When i feel 'blah' i try to find a friend to hang out with. The more i visit with people the less crazy i seem to be (i am somewhat of an extrovert (in real life) though). Exercise and healthy eating helps as well. :) I hope you can find a hobby you enjoy or something else productive that can keep your mind from self wallow (although it is healthy to be honest with yourself about how you are feeling too). 

Sorry that things are so 'blah' for you now!

:)

#18 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Sometimes I just go to art stores and budget myself for like 10 dollars or something.
I also indulge in Gamegrumps. I'm not really a sad eatter or drinker. and lots of crying with gatoraid.

#19 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Find a hobby or join a community team (softball, soccer, etc).

I'd say getting a job will help you out most, then you'll have money and be able to meet new people. If you're still miserable while working, at least you'll be miserable with some money to go do stuff to make yourself less miserable. 

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

It depends on why I'm miserable

If i'm miserable because I had a bad day (e.g. rough day at work, argued with someone close, didn't have enough caffeine etc) then I usually just eat a lot, complain to those who will listen, go to bed early and just basically sit in self-pity

If I have a legitimate reason to be miserable (literal tragedy, end of a relationship, failed an exam or w/e) then I usually just sit in silence until I eventually wear my brain out with thinking that I pass out from mental exhaustion. I tend to not eat and just lie around for hours. Then I'll usually call up my close friends and have them take my mind off things. Rarely will I cry in a situation like this (with few exception).

When it's time for me to feel better, I try and fill my schedule as much as possible to keep my mind off things. Work, school, friends, exercise, new hobby etc. It really helps.

#21 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:59 AM

The Good Wife = :D

#22 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

Get a job so you're occupied  ;)

#23 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

At work: Sometimes, if I know there's someone I hate working the next day, I will remove all the paper from the printers, and hide all the staples. In the pharmacy, I get the 500 count bottle of pills from the top shelf and leave the top unscrewed, so when someone grabs it by the cap, the bottle falls and pills scatter everywhere. I haven't had the guts to do this with the liquids, though. It's carpet in the pharmacy.

If there is a child in the toy aisle throwing things on the floor, I quietly start putting ALL the toys on the floor, much to their confusion and walk away from the aisle and watch in the security mirrors as their mother yells at them when she sees what they've done. The best part is when the kid swears up and down it was an employee who did it and the parent is like, "YEAH RIGHT." 

I like to drip little drops of soda on the floor at the store, so that when people walk over it they don't slip, but their shoes make that annoying sticky noise.

All of these things makes me feel better.

I'm rarely miserable if I'm at home, but if I am I read, write, draw, crochet, dick around on the internet... pretty much anything except what I should be doing which is actually creating the plush @Trichomes won fair and square. (I swear I have it all planned out, I just have to get started)

Life's too short to sit around and be miserable when you have time to yourself. Snap out of it. Save being miserable for when you actually find that job.

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

A dark room, or other, smaller space. Headphones. Amplifier. Very loud trance music.

I like to think of it as the poor man's sensory deprivation. Except with sound.

#25 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

At work: Sometimes, if I know there's someone I hate working the next day, I will remove all the paper from the printers, and hide all the staples. In the pharmacy, I get the 500 count bottle of pills from the top shelf and leave the top unscrewed, so when someone grabs it by the cap, the bottle falls and pills scatter everywhere. I haven't had the guts to do this with the liquids, though. It's carpet in the pharmacy.

We used to do this with salt pots, leave the top unscrewed and then when someone goes to put a bit of salt on their dinner, they get the whole lot instead :p

LOL Joe really? Trance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users