• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I grew up in downtown 'Merica, so it was drilled into me from a young age that my basic rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Later, I added the right to vote, the right to own weapons, and other constitutional things. It wasn't til @Kate made her thread about tubal ligation that I realized I consider my fertility a right, that I would be devastated and furious if it were taken away from me without my consent. (I had always thought of uterus' rights in terms of abortion and removal of unwanted things, because currently my rights to keep wanted things are almost guaranteed.)

What do you consider basic human rights? Do you disagree with mine?

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

The right to enjoy sex to the fullest, aka male and female circumcision. No person's genitals should be mutilated without their consent. 

#3 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

I agree with you Napi. I hate people who go on telling you abortion will make you go to hell and it should not be an option.

I believe if you ain't pregnant then you should not be able to decide for others. It's weird since a lot (NOT ALL) of times it's guys telling this to women.Let's have you have a 9 month egg incubate in you and you pop that out and have no choice.

#4 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

Human rights are my passion in life and seeing to it that people are afforded them and that they are inalienable.

I personally look more or less to this:

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Explanation of the above:

http://en.wikipedia....of_Human_Rights

It is a bill of rights that many countries have agreed to. It is really really long and a good read if you have the time,

it starts off with a preamble but the first article is 

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

It includes other things such as 'life, liberty and the security of your person' similar to what you said Napi. It also includes your right to marriage (also to equal rights at its dissolution should that occur.) You have the right to freedom, slavery is abhorred. 

You have a right to public services, peaceful assembly and association (I'm sure you've heard this in regards to the Ferguson news as of late.) 

You have the right to leisure time & rest. 

You have a right to the live in a place where your rights can be fully realized.

You have a right to property, to leave your country when you should so choose.

You have a right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. 

The final article speaks to that not using one article to abolish other articles, etc.

I find the whole thing very compelling, it inspires me as a human being and while many believe it to be unattainable I believe in a progressive society it could one day be fully realized. 

There are other things I believe in not necessarily explicitly listed in those rights but I believe in those too and think they fall under the jurisdiction of most of the articles. Amnesty is constantly trying to get different things added.

http://en.wikipedia....olitical_Rights

and

http://en.wikipedia....Cultural_Rights

are also other lists of rights and some great info.

I know wikipedia isn't the realm of reliable information but it's a solid place to start and the sources at the bottom are great places to lead off of.

Seriously my passion in life :3 

The right to enjoy sex to the fullest, aka male and female circumcision. No person's genitals should be mutilated without their consent. 

I very much agree with this and it is a constant ongoing battle between namely religious folk who have done it for who knows how long and those that say it is genital mutilation regardless and a form of abuse.

I won't take sides because I do believe in religious freedoms but only to the extent that you don't harm or impose those on others. Making a permanent and irreversible choice that can destroy your child's sexuality is very much harming/imposing those on said child. So I would never allow it to be done to my child unless medically necessary (which does happen) but I can see why a religious person would also fight for what they have done as custom for countless generations.

However, I will take a side and say that progression is necessary and evolving in all aspects: spiritually, physically, mentally, as a society, etc.

TLDR: I LOVE HUMAN RIGHTS AND I THINK ALL PEOPLE SHOULD LOVE EACH OTHER AND NOT CUT EACH OTHERS NAUGHTY BITS. sorry if this is written poorly or grammatically incorrect. I went on a tangent =| Love me anyway pls.  

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

I didn't realize that male circumcision prevented men from enjoying sex. I just been lopping them foreskins off everytime I see one, without even thinking about it.

#6 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

right to own weapons

Yeah,no

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

I agree with most of this. I think there's loads of other reasons to prevent circumcision than enjoyable sex though.

I didn't realize that male circumcision prevented men from enjoying sex. I just been lopping them foreskins off everytime I see one, without even thinking about it.

Well, according to this, it doesn't. I don't know any man who was circumcised as an adult though and would be able to tell me. However, I believe that a man's emotional state and self-esteem play into sex and if they were circumcised when they believe they shouldn't have been, it could have an affect on how much they enjoy sex. I don't enjoy sex as much when I feel incomplete or I'm having an ugly vagina day. 

Yeah,no

The right to defend oneself with weapons then?

#8 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

The keywords there are "the fullest". There's no concrete comparisons to go by, but doctors/scientist dudes and dudetts speculate that without foreskin the penis loses up to 70% of its ability to feel sexual sensation. Being mutilated at birth without the persons consent also brings angst and spite for parents. No one should HAVE to be angry at their parents for the rest of their life for ruining up to 70%(speculated) of their sexual pleasure.

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

I know someone who was cut as an adult and he said sex never felt the same. He missed the sensation. So that's a thing.

Also there are those people who protest it and try and 'reclaim' their foreskin... eeps.

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I know someone who was cut as an adult and he said sex never felt the same. He missed the sensation. So that's a thing.

Also there are those people who protest it and try and 'reclaim' their foreskin... eeps.

The rebuilding of tissue and nerves, and ultimately, the ability to feel, is slowed in adulthood and continues to as we get older so I'm sure that guy feels even less than someone who had it done at child birth.

Do you thinking trying to reclaim something you've been denied at birth, which is deemed unimportant by religion and society to be weird? Maybe so much that men should just "get over it"?

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

I think the whole concept of "rights" is flawed, and not useful in very many contexts.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

I never knew the plight and suffering of the circumcised man until this day. It breaks my heart knowing that all those men out there who were circumcised at birth, are enjoying sex, but not quite as much as they potentially could with extra skin around their dicks.

Seriously, though. I understand what you're saying. Obviously, we can't say to our newborn sons, "Hey, cry once if you want your pee pee cut, cry twice if you don't." And if circumcision provides no medical benefits, there's really no point in doing it. I can understand being angry that something irreversible was done whilst being a baby. But quite frankly your emphasis on the speculated sexual pleasure aspect REALLY fucking creeps me out. 

#13 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

I think the whole concept of "rights" is flawed, and not useful in very many contexts.

Completely agree. A lot of people take their 'rights' and try to enforce them far too much.

"That guy looked at me wrong, I'll just go and shoot him now because it's my right to defend myself from unwanted stares". Obviously that situation is very outlandish, but ya never know with people these days.

But quite frankly your emphasis on the speculated sexual pleasure aspect REALLY fucking creeps me out. 

How so? :p

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

How so? :p

There are so many other reasons why circumcision is wrong, but you're focusing on this one point. I now imagine you sitting there with your cut wang, rubbing it violently, sweating profusely and screaming "THIS IS ONLY 30% OF WHAT I SHOULD BE FEELING!!"

#15 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

There are so many other reasons why circumcision is wrong, but you're focusing on this one point. I now imagine you sitting there with your cut wang, rubbing it violently, sweating profusely and screaming "THIS IS ONLY 30% OF WHAT I SHOULD BE FEELING!!"

LOL...! For some reason I just pictured a penis going super-saiyan while shouting "THIS IS ONLY 30%..."

I've touched on all the important points -- non-consent, what society deems allowable, and the right to feel.

#16 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, all that jazz. Pretty much what is outlined in the Constitution I guess. I have never really thought about this to be honest. I am sure most people don't until they feel as if their rights are being infringed.

Edited by talbs, 06 September 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, all that jazz. Pretty much what is outlined in the Constitution I guess. I have never really thought about this to be honest. I am sure most people don't until they feel as if their rights are being infringed.

I feel like there's certain people on here that feel like their rights are infringed daily. We just have to wait for them to wake up.

#18 Tan

Tan
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

GIVE ME BACK MY FORESKIN

#19 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

Or you know, could not like the idea of gentinal mutilation on infants?

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Or you know, could not like the idea of gentinal mutilation on infants?

Right. We've established several reasons to be against it, but he kept coming back to the one.

I feel like there's certain people on here that feel like their rights are infringed daily. We just have to wait for them to wake up.

I'm pretty sure they already know no one here will take their complaints seriously.

#21 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

Right. We've established several reasons to be against it, but he kept coming back to the one.

Cuz sex is awesome, would you want to not feel everything?

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

Cuz sex is awesome, would you want to not feel everything?

On the plus side, at least you're less likely to be more satisfied than your partner.

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

On the plus side, at least you're less likely to be more satisfied than your partner.

What partner? :p

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hands don't complain often.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

What partner? :p

sex is awesome

You distinctly said 'sex', not masturbation. :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, debate, sumshit, abortion, life, liberty, happniess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users