Quantcast

Photo

Would anyone be interested in a Codex mini-hearthstone tournament?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Would anyone be interested in a Codex mini-hearthstone tournament?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you be interested in a Codex Hearthstone Tournament?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Elimination format?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Deck format?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

UPDATED Brackets are:

K0kxgB0.png

kqOZgCF.png

• Take screenshots of victories as proof, if you think it's necessary. Post results in thread or PM please.
  • Round 1 will start at 6:30 PM CST Sat, Round 2 will start an hour after. Round 3 will be sunday at 6 PM CST and, if needed Round 4 will follow an hour later.
  • If opponent isn't present at 6:30, post in thread and I'll send them a pm and they if don't show by 6:45 they'll be dqed. Please let me know ASAP if times don't work 
  • Streaming is encouraged, post link to stream and I'll include it in main post for spectators. Bug Adam for a how to  :p. No sniping please
  • I'll include classes with your name under the bracket friday evening, opponent will tell you which he bans and then you guys handle it from there

RNG Gods have advanced Strat a round but maybe he can fill in for any no shows if he wants?

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

The hearthstone tournaments in the past have been great successes. We usually have ~16 people sign up, and due to the differences in time zones I've had to stretch the contest out over a full week. There's even nifty little awards that members can obtain by participating in HS tournaments.

This is how I've ran them in the past, and they seem to be pretty popular. Good luck! I'd love to participate in yours.

Edited by Adam, 09 September 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

I suck bad at it, but love playing and enjoyed the other HS tournament that Adam ran.

#4 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

The hearthstone tournaments in the past have been great successes. We usually have ~16 people sign up, and due to the differences in time zones I've had to stretch the contest out over a full week. There's even nifty little awards that members can obtain by participating in HS tournaments.

This is how I've ran them in the past, and they seem to be pretty popular. Good luck! I'd love to participate in yours.

Oh dang I should have looked a bit better. Mine looks so poorly done compared to yours :p. And yours had actual prizes! So it's preferable to just set a fixed date and try to work out exceptions?

#5 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

If I still played, I would be up for this.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

Oh dang I should have looked a bit better. Mine looks so poorly done compared to yours :p. And yours had actual prizes! So it's preferable to just set a fixed date and try to work out exceptions?

If you run a contest, people will usually donate something to it for a prize.

#7 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

I haven't played in a month or two, but I'm always down for playing and donating prizes :)

#8 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

I haven't played since Bog beat me in the final :p But I would be interested in another tourny. It would be really fun if we could publicise the times and stream the games, though. It feels a little empty without being able to actually watch the other games.

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

I haven't played since Bog beat me in the final :p But I would be interested in another tourny. It would be really fun if we could publicise the times and stream the games, though. It feels a little empty without being able to actually watch the other games.

Yeah, then @Adam might have someone watch him on Twitch for once.

#10 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

I agree, I like watching people play

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, then @Adam might have someone watch him on Twitch for once.

I think we'd only stream games after the first round, so he'd have to get that far first :p

#12 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

Talking shit while I sleep?! Jerks @Napiform @Dan

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

But then the opponent could see the person's hand...

#14 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

But then the opponent could see the person's hand...

you could play the trust game and hope your opponent wouldn't watch

#15 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

you could play the trust game and hope your opponent wouldn't watch

Or you could block out the hand area on the stream...

#16 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Or you could block out the hand area on the stream...

With OBS (Open Broadcast Software) there's also a way to delay the stream. But blocking out your hand would probably work better. If anyone needs help setting up a stream let me know.

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

With OBS (Open Broadcast Software) there's also a way to delay the stream. But blocking out your hand would probably work better. If anyone needs help setting up a stream let me know.

Yes, I need help.

#18 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

Yes, I need help.

That usually goes without saying :p

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

That usually goes without saying :p

giphy.gif

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

I'd be keen for sure :) I'm no good at the game but it's a bit of fun nonetheless.

#21 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

@Megazord Nows a good time to start playing again :p

Streaming sounds fun, maybe it can be optional and the person can chose to hide cards or implement a delay? I don't think any of us would stream snipe though?

So how does signups being open till next thursday and then the tournament taking place sometime saturday/sunday of next week sound to you guys? I don't think I could handle any prizes since it'd be pretty suspicious to sign up for a neopets account, get a bunch of donations sent to me and then redistribute them but if anyone else wants to, go ahead :p 

#22 HearthstoneCalendar

HearthstoneCalendar
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

If you all end up hosting a Hearthstone tournament, please consider posting it on the Hearthstone Calendar so that people can find out about it.

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

Stalker.

#24 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:05 AM