minecraft

52 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

I think it's time.

@Nymh wants to do our wither attack with a bunch of other people, so I thought we could organise it "officially". I have amassed enough gold for a full beacon pyramid, and I have everything ready to go except for the Nether Star. I figured we could spend the next couple of days/evenings gearing up, making regen potions etc, to be ready for a full assault on Saturday.

Not sure on the time, though. Probably American-evening, I guess. We can figure that ;)

Then, where to put the beacon!?
Things seem to be winding down a little on the server this month, and I think we could use a little challenge. What do you guys think about making a mass relocation out to the Mushroom Island Mike found, and setting up a home-from-home out there, with full beacon benefits? Or maybe in the Ice Spikes?

Oh! And we need to get back up in the Mumble. Voice chat improves our game! Let's not forget about it!

Let's PLAN THIS SHIT.

Taggins!
@Strategist, @Trichomes, @Vaping, @Kord, @Ivysaur, @Chappy, @Neoquest, @Napiform, @Swarley, @cassiopeiic, @Rocket, @Bone, @ShadowLink64, @Dan, @Kat!

Vidya!

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

@Chappy and I have been gearing up for the battle for a while.

We've made some Golden Apples (the shiny kind), Splash Potions, Blast Resist Armor, Smite/Power swords and a shit ton of arrows.

Life got in the way though T_T 
We may be willing to lend a hand though. Where are you guys fighting it? I highly suggest we fight it in the end. Enderman can deal a chunk of damage for us.

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

Ahh I wish I could do this! I'll be out of town hosting a baby shower :( be sure to post lost of screenies

#4 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

I'm not entirely sure how late it is in GMT at American Evening-ish but if it's not at 5am I will probably be there :D

Also, we have voicechat now? Super awesome! 

I'm kinda all in for a relocation except that I never really finished my rollercoaster ride T_T Oh well, there's loads more awesome stuff to build. I like monsterless mushrooms! But ice spikes are cool too.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'll be out of town for an important exam for the university I want to go :( Anyway, my PC is too laggy to fight a wither, I'd die really fast xD

And about the relocation, all fine for me :D

#6 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

Matt and I will be there for the wither fight. Guess we've got some prepping to do :p

I apologize for not being online much lately. I've been extra mopey and antisocial, and Matt's been busy with school and work, but we're both looking forward to playing more regularly again. I like the idea of having a semi-fresh start on either the mushroom island or in the ice spikes biome.

#7 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

I'm needing some supplies if you guys want me to make potions :3

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

Yay :D

I am excite!

Just finished up a video about the automation we have on the server - the chicken reactor, and so on. It covers the complicated, like the BUD melon farm, right down to the simple wheat harvester Cam has behind his pagoda. Totally off topic, but as I said: Excite!

Sad to see a few people will miss out on the fight, but I'm hoping to find a good spot for building some wither skeleton spawn pads soon, and set that up. Then we can just have withers rolling whenever ^_^ Perhaps we could do a regular event.

#9 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

In other good news, I found out how to properly install those beautiful shaders that will really rack up my HD resource packs, so I can make pretty pics of the slaying of the wither :D

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

In other good news, I found out how to properly install those beautiful shaders that will really rack up my HD resource packs, so I can make pretty pics of the slaying of the wither :D

I will probably record the whole encounter :)

However, I don't think you'll be able to use shaders on the server for a while - they rely on Forge, which isn't updated for 1.8 just yet.

#11 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

Oh god I'm a poohead, I was just about to type exactly that as I realized it. They'll need to update that pretty damn quick, I was so excited to finally see it working :( :(

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

I should be there, but I'm on call for overtime, so I cant 100% commit to anything. I hope I don't miss out :/ I'm all for people relocating. Would be nice to not be alone over on the shroom biome xD

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

I should be there, but I'm on call for overtime, so I cant 100% commit to anything. I hope I don't miss out :/ I'm all for people relocating. Would be nice to not be alone over on the shroom biome xD

Sounds good to me :D

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

I would love to have a second base in Mushroom Land - but I definitely don't want to abandon all the building we've done at spawn!

#15 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

So long as it is not the evening of 18th (Thurs) or 29th (Mon), I should be able to participate. :p

#16 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

when we doing this?

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

when we doing this?

If you're talking about the wither fight, I think it'll be on September 13th as it is in the title of the topic.

#18 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

If you're talking about the wither fight, I think it'll be on September 13th as it is in the title of the topic.

er I'm sorry I was wondering the time...*hides*

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

er I'm sorry I was wondering the time...*hides*

Oh xD my bad!

Stupid exam, why it had to be right on this weekend?!

#20 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

I should have been more clearer XD

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:58 AM

I'm going to say 7pm CDT, which will be 2am in England, Christ knows when in Australia, and a variety of times in-between.

If you can get on early, you should. Cristen and I will be there, we have a few potions to give out (Strength II and Healing II). You're responsible for your own armour, though!
Any members who want to watch, but not participate, are welcome to come on and I'll throw you into Spectator mode once we get to The End.

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:08 AM

I'm going to say 7pm CDT, which will be 2am in England, Christ knows when in Australia, and a variety of times in-between.

If you can get on early, you should. Cristen and I will be there, we have a few potions to give out (Strength II and Healing II). You're responsible for your own armour, though!
Any members who want to watch, but not participate, are welcome to come on and I'll throw you into Spectator mode once we get to The End.

Would work out to be ~9am-ish my time I think :D So I'm good! Already got all my armour and enchanted weapons/potions/apples ready for it!

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Awesome ^_^

I was thinking of getting a bunch of Notch apples ready to be crafted, since I'm rolling (ish) in gold blocks. That was everyone can get the new achievement as a bit of a reward for participating. Not sure what the prerequisites are though.

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

I am 100% sure I'd be more of a hindrance than help.

#25 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'll be able to participate! I was going to sleep in a hotel tomorrow to do the exam on Sunday, but now I'm gonna go only on Sunday, so I'll be free tomorrow for the fight :D

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users