13 replies to this topic

#1 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Have you seen this?

Have you been affected by the 5 cost Starving Buzzard that is now a 3/2 creature instead of a 2/1? How about a 5 mana Leeroy Jenkins?

We’ve been seeing and hearing reports that many players today (after a recent battle.net maintenance) are having some issues with these cards. This makes us wonder if possibly an unfinished build made it’s way into production during maintenance or not. If so, this could be showing us incoming nerfs on both of these cards which would make sense.

ehhh 5 seems kind of high, but I'm glad it might have more than one health though. That's really what kept me from using it to its potential.

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Hope they are nerfs, hunter is pretty ridiculous. The starving buzzard nerf isn't directly addressing the problem but it should be good enough to bring down the 75% hunter meta by a good chunk. The leeroy nerf is nice, he makes the game way too bursty, it's either a leeroy nerf or buffing health to 40 or seeing most games end before turn 10

http://us.battle.net...c/14279128810#1

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

Merrrrrrr. I am not impressed with these changes at all as someone who uses both of these.

#4 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:32 AM

i am pretty happy about it ^^ miracle rouge keep raping me all day long

but the buzzard nerf was abit hard. 5 mana for a 3/2 even gadgetzan provides a 4/4 for 5 mana. though its for spell

but hey! more time to tinker with decks!

#5 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

Blizzard has announced they are making the following changes on 9/22. Leeroy Jenkins will remain a 6/2 with Charge but will now cost 5 mana. This will prevent the miracle rogue 3 x Leeroy face smash. This will also ruin the hand lock Leeroy + Power Overwhelming + Faceless manipulator 20 dmg combo. 

The other change is the most drastic imo.... changing scavenging buzzard a 2 mana 2/1 with card draw for every beast played to a 5 mana 3/2!!! This will prevent a buzzard + UTH until turn 8! GG Hunters.

So if you have any golden leeroys or extra leeroys, wait until the 22nd so you can disenchant for full value!

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

I'm gonna merge this with the existing topic, and you can edit it to make more sense in the context of a continuing thread ^^

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'm gonna merge this with the existing topic, and you can edit it to make more sense in the context of a continuing thread ^^

whooops, I forgot it was a blizzard game.

Blizzard has announced they are making the following changes on 9/22. Leeroy Jenkins will remain a 6/2 with Charge but will now cost 5 mana. This will prevent the miracle rogue 3 x Leeroy face smash. This will also ruin the hand lock Leeroy + Power Overwhelming + Faceless manipulator 20 dmg combo. 

The other change is the most drastic imo.... changing scavenging buzzard a 2 mana 2/1 with card draw for every beast played to a 5 mana 3/2!!! This will prevent a buzzard + UTH until turn 8! GG Hunters.

So if you have any golden leeroys or extra leeroys, wait until the 22nd so you can disenchant for full value!

I didn't use the buzzard+UTH combo, but I do use the buzzard+snake trap, so I'm still a little annoyed. I'm happy about Leeroy Jenkins though.

#8 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

I swear I looked for an existing topic before creating a new one... Whoops.

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

It's begun.

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

Thankfully starving buzzard was nerfed! Huntards have so much burst so early on in the game, and this gives us a little more time to react against them :]

Edited by Adam, 22 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

As much as I hate hunters and starving buzzards + UTH, 5 mana for a 3/2 is over kill in my opinion. You basically have to drop the buzzard and then play UTH or a few more beasts later, and a 3/2 is way too easy to remove. and Hunters don't have that good of taunt cards to protect it (aside from beast master but that's 4 mana itself).

Aww my poor leeroy. Might as well disenchant and see if I wanna re-create it later XD

#12 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

RIP Hunter. T.T

#13 TectonicRobot

TectonicRobot
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

Well, hunters are still common as heck! Looks like they really didn't need the Buzzard that badly, eh?

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Well, hunters are still common as heck! Looks like they really didn't need the Buzzard that badly, eh?

This basically ruined HS for me. I ragequit the whole game. Whenever I play now, I murloc everything out of sheer spite.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone, merica, cards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users