The Sims 4 - Discussion/Reviews/Shit like that

ts4 sims the sims

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

9qwqsLc.jpg?1?4110
So, I finally got around to buying this game! I purchased mine on G2A for only around $44 rather than the regular 59.99 + tax on Origin.
It took like a bajillion years to actually download the game but I finally got to try it out around 6AM when I was up with the baby. My initial thoughts on it were actually positive ones despite being sure I'd hate it.

I love the Create-A-Sim changes, it's much better than the demo, for anyone who was going by that. There are more hair and clothing options and it isn't laggy at all. It's disappointing that you can't add highlights or custom colors to your hairstyles, but in the grand scheme of things, that's really not that important, at least to me. 
VIFGezy.jpg?1
Another really great feature is the Stylized rooms. You can literally purchase a fully furnished room and plop it down onto your house instead of building it from scratch. I don't particularly enjoy building houses so for lazy folks like me, this is fantastic. Speaking of build mode, that is awesome too! There are a lot of really neat options for your house like roof trims and everything, it's super cool. But yes, no pools. :(
tx7C0Fa.jpg?1

Personally, I haven't experienced any of the negative affects of the features they removed. I love TS4 so far. To me, the style is very minimalist and it looks so much cleaner and less cluttered than TS3. The graphics are nice, even though some people have compared them to mobile graphics and expressed disappointment in them, I've found them much prettier than in TS3. I can't wait for some expansion packs to come out so I can stop showering and eating and just play Sims forever. If you are on the fence about buying the game like I was, hopefully this post will give you more insight on what the game is really like. It's better than I anticipated and was worth the $44. 

I'll add some screenshots of my own as I collect them. ^_^

Babies: No, you can no longer leave your baby on the floor while you pay for your pizza. BUT, you can still interact with your baby from their bassinet with even more options than before. You also can immediately age them up if you're not into the whole baby thing (and you don't have to buy a cake to do it). You can breastfeed! You can also take a pregnancy test to see if you're pregnant rather than waiting and now have the luxury of monitoring what trimester you are in and how many hours until the next trimester. You can interact with the pregnancy too and so can your friends and family, by rubbing your belly, inquiring about due date, etc. 

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Finally someone who liked it! 

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Finally someone who liked it! 

I'm still exploring all the features/lack thereof but will keep this thread updated with my findings :p

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

I'm still exploring all the features/lack thereof but will keep this thread updated with my findings :p

Make sure to check out a big tree in a park, if you keep exploring it, you'll have a nice surprise!

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

I haven't played it yet, and I don't plan to, but any game that allows this is great.

#6 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Building houses was the greatest thing to do on the sims.

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

Building houses was the greatest thing to do on the sims.

You still can :p I just never had the patience for it and I'm not very creative. 

#8 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

You still can :p I just never had the patience for it and I'm not very creative. 

Ah, good. I re-read it as well and seen you are talking about the rooms, anyway. Never really liked the furnishing aspect of it, but I loved building the actual house.

#9 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

sims 4 = sims 1 + breastfeeding.

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

sims 4 = sims 1 + breastfeeding.

Lol! There is breastfeeding? I haven't had a baby yet so I have no idea what those features entail.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Don't forget "trolling teh forums"

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

Don't forget "trolling teh forums"

Yeah my current primary sim loves trolling teh forums  :lol2:

#13 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

I just got it too but I haven't installed it yet. The stylised rooms was already there in Sims 3. They're the blueprints. I heard that they went to combine build and buy into one mode??

#14 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

I want to try this game. The Sims are a sneaky favorite of mine. I just bought the Sims3 again recently to fill the void i had been living with lol. Looking forward to Sims4 fun.... and just to clarify, breastfeeding? is it true?

:)

#15 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

I just got it too but I haven't installed it yet. The stylised rooms was already there in Sims 3. They're the blueprints. I heard that they went to combine build and buy into one mode??

Yeah it's a bit more simplified now though :p Also, not sure what you mean about build/buy, if you can specify I can tell you what I know.. unless you've installed it now. lol

I want to try this game. The Sims are a sneaky favorite of mine. I just bought the Sims3 again recently to fill the void i had been living with lol. Looking forward to Sims4 fun.... and just to clarify, breastfeeding? is it true?

I still haven't found out, I'll let you know once I do.

#16 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

Good, you can just plunk down rooms. I hate building houses. Usually I just buy the cheapest lot, use the family funds cheat, and then buy the most expensive house in the game and tailor it to my liking. 

#17 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

and just to clarify, breastfeeding? is it true?

Finally had a baby :p You do have the option to bottle feed or breast feed. Pretty neat!

#18 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

I am just completely disappointed by this game.

As a passionate Sims player since part (and day) one, I just expected so much more! Not entirely sure why though, it's still EA we are dealing with here.

The fact, that they got rid of everything that made Sims 3 outstanding and 'new', is a giant no for me. There is no open world anymore, they went back to loading screens. They got rid of cars and rabbitholes, which means if your Sim goes to work, they walk to the end of your lot, then disappear. We had that the last time in Sims 1. 
The CASTing feature is gone. Back to presets. I hate it. With passion!
They took out the toddler lifestage completely, made teens look like adults (same height, same faces, same everything). 
I know we are only having the basegame avaliable right now, but it doesn't tickle me one bit. I dislike the graphics, was definitely hoping for something more realistic, especially if I look at other newer games character creators (Skyrim!). The buildmode seems the only thing that's kind of nice, since you can just drag everything, including roofs, like you want. But that's definitely not enough for me to like this game. It's a giant let down to see how instead of fixing issues, that made Sims 3 lag until the bitter end, they just got rid of them and went back instead of forward.

I don't even feel like pirating the game and that really means a lot, since I usually preorder everything Sims.

Oh well, I just hope, that the Sims 3 community will be as firm and loyal  as the Sims 2 community always was and I'll keep getting pics and CC and let's plays and all that for that game. 
*SIGHS*

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Added a short blurb about babies :)

#20 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Spoiler

I'm sorry that you felt like that :/

Luckily, everytime I play, I build for hours and "live" with the sims for about an hour or so and stop using that save :p

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Great news, @Kate!

http://kotaku.com/th...ls-f-1641172105

#22 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Interesting! I'm glad CAS has improved since the demo, I was not impressed at all by that. It sounds like premade rooms will be a godsend for me. It still seems like they removed a lot of functionality between TS3 and now, but I'll probably give it a try when I get bored of the games I'm playing. Thanks for the review! :)

#23 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Boyfriend came home from work with a copy of The Sims 4 Premium Edition for me... what a pleasant surprise. :)

So, it's currently downloading. Gonna let it download overnight, as it's 1 am here, lol.

Needless to say, I am excited! ^^

(Not as excited as I am for Dragon Age: Inquisition, but still!)

#24 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

I got it on my windows and I love the new CAS and house building but since my windows laptop is huge I'm hoping they release it for mac soon, so I can play more easily :( 

#25 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

I pirated it by now. Main reason for that was the CC-boom that happened. There really is lots of stuff already, which makes everything more interesting for me. 
What is definitely needed, is a lightning mod though. WTF is this game so dark??

Anyways, first impressions:

tumblr_ncrpvmJnV31u0sfepo1_500.png

tumblr_ncrpvmJnV31u0sfepo2_500.png

tumblr_ncrpvmJnV31u0sfepo3_500.png

tumblr_ncrps2pnGf1u0sfepo1_500.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ts4, sims, the sims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users