• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#26 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:26 AM

I pirated it by now. Main reason for that was the CC-boom that happened. There really is lots of stuff already, which makes everything more interesting for me. 
What is definitely needed, is a lightning mod though. WTF is this game so dark??

Anyways, first impressions:

tumblr_ncrpvmJnV31u0sfepo1_500.png

tumblr_ncrpvmJnV31u0sfepo2_500.png

tumblr_ncrpvmJnV31u0sfepo3_500.png

tumblr_ncrps2pnGf1u0sfepo1_500.png

I thought there was an anti-piracy thing that didn't let people see the game when not using an original game, but apparently it's solved now?

#27 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:32 AM

I thought there was an anti-piracy thing that didn't let people see the game when not using an original game, but apparently it's solved now?

I have a pirated version and it's always worked fine for me

#28 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

I have a pirated version and it's always worked fine for me

Ah, good to know. When it launched, the pirate versions had that blur when someone is showering but in the whole screen, so uta was almost impossible to play. People thought it could be anti-piracy or just a bug, but if you two are playing with no problem, it was just a bug.

#29 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

:p there's always someone smart enough to fix that

#30 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

If I know one thing, then it's how to get pirated Sims games to work... And well, this one is actually even one of the easiest ever. I didn't see/read anything about people having problems. Infact, half of my 'simblr'-gang, had their games pirated before the actual release xD

#31 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

If I know one thing, then it's how to get pirated Sims games to work... And well, this one is actually even one of the easiest ever. I didn't see/read anything about people having problems. Infact, half of my 'simblr'-gang, had their games pirated before the actual release xD

This was the problem: http://www.pcgamer.c...piracy-measure/
I'm glad it's OK now, I can't wait for my PC to play it!

#32 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

The sims 4 is great

but i'm super lazy at making my sims now hahaha

Edited by Piplup, 02 October 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#33 Batori

Batori
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

I thought that the mosaic glitch was accidental--it was part of a very early version of the game (possibly released only in a certain region?) that got patched quickly, but that was the version people had already started cracking. At least, that's what I heard.

I'm hoping for a no-CD mod like TS3 has for TS4, so I don't have to mess with cracking it.

#34 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

I just got it, and enjoy it, but have some complaints.
1. I have to go to a loading screen whenever I want to go somewhere
2. No more dragging the needs and relationship bars
3. No more usual jobs, like surgeon, or business.
4. Everytime I go to a loading screen, I have to re-enable cheats
5. Sometimes one of my sims can go somewhere but the other can't (nothing in the way), so I have to start resetting the whole floor. (Seems like it's a glitch though),
5. Some lifetime achievements are too easy (I mean "nerd brain", read 3 whole books and get to level 4 of the logic skill.) before some of them took a bit more work.

I'm assuming they'll come out with patches for the glitches though. Besides all of this, I really enjoy the new emotions, like "tense", "flirty" and such.

#35 Oninna

Oninna
  • 299 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

I was debating whether or not to buy this or not and after reading your review I'll probably get it. It'll still be a few more months before I can afford it.

#36 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

I was debating whether or not to buy this or not and after reading your review I'll probably get it. It'll still be a few more months before I can afford it.

Definitely buy it. It's worth it. :)

It's different than TS3 and takes some getting used to, but it's definitely worth a buy.

#37 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

2~3 weeks until I can finally play this game  :yahoo:

#38 Canis

Canis
  • Official Bacon Queen

• 1279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Say goodbye to your social life! :p

#39 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

Say goodbye to your social life! :p

Social life? What is that?

#40 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

10 days only, actually :p

30 minutes for the download to end!

#41 chipmunkwarcry

chipmunkwarcry
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

I haven't played it yet, and I don't plan to, but any game that allows this is great.

Omg that is awesome!

I haven't played a lot of S4, so I haven't see a lot of it, but I like it so far.

I admit I'm used to TS3 so in a way because it is different I'm hesitant to like it as much, but I think I'll warm up to it.

#42 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

Sigh. I really appreciated @onlyme & @Kate's reviews/first impressions. I was doing so well talking myself out of  sims 4 (or at least holding off for a while) ...right up until the bit about breastfeeding. This is stupid. Wheres my credit card. 

#43 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

I still don't like the game. There's craptons of new custom content every day, which I enjoy (I just love downloading clothes and shit, it's like shopping, but relaxed and for free, lol), the gameplay itself I still find endlessly boring. There really is absolutely nothing new and things you can do are so limited and/or interrupted by freakin loading screens. I still can spend hours playing TS3, while I never can't keep myself entertained with TS4 for longer than an hour. I am couting on future EPs.

Think I'll go take some pics, to show off some cc, now.

#44 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

EA i need a EP for sims 4 

;-; i need more fun things to do in the game and maybe a new town

#45 Hopeless

Hopeless
  • 184 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:47 PM

I need like, one supernatural (besides ghosts) to stay excited about the Sims 4. I keep trying to give it a shot, and besides being spoiled on the Sims 3 expansions, I just need one non-human... anything. Otherwise I get so bored since part of the fun of the game is at least making up stories for them (if not just in your head to yourself), and their lives are still too close to mine - too normal and human. I miss getting my dudes pregnant via alien abduction.

#46 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

Here I promised custom content:

tumblr_nehnhxR9L01u0sfepo1_500.png

It really DOES help!

Incase you wonder where I find stuff, go here: http://mysims4blog.blogspot.de/

#47 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

It really DOES help!

Wow, I'll probably use that site a lot.

I still don't like the game. There's craptons of new custom content every day, which I enjoy (I just love downloading clothes and shit, it's like shopping, but relaxed and for free, lol), the gameplay itself I still find endlessly boring. There really is absolutely nothing new and things you can do are so limited and/or interrupted by freakin loading screens. I still can spend hours playing TS3, while I never can't keep myself entertained with TS4 for longer than an hour. I am couting on future EPs.

Think I'll go take some pics, to show off some cc, now.

Right after I made my first Sim and started building I got really boring... I don't know why, maybe because the build mode is too different from TS3, and I loved it the way it was, the only thing I like from TS4 is that the build mode is integrated to the furniture mode.

#48 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:39 AM

I think the buildmode in TS4 is pretty easy. Not exactly great, but at least it's easy to use. I remember how much I struggled, switching from TS2 to TS3, lol. 
I  completely dislike the gameplay in TS4, which might be because it's only the basegame though, there just isn't too much to do. I find it terrible that you pretty much can't do anything in the jobs and the only activities you can do at home are gardening and painting, which you already know from all other Sims parts *sighs*
The CAS was what interested me the most, I've always prefered just creating Sims over playing. So, the new CAS isn't bad and it definitely is something new. You also do have quite a few options, yet I am disappointed. The sliders are extremely limited and because of the whole drag-and-squeeze-system it'll be hella difficult to create custom sliders. Which in the end makes it extremely limited and difficult to create really unique Sims. I caught myself using the same eyes and noses over and over again and just having my Sims look different, because of different hair and skin colors. Not too cool...

Here's two more examples I made last night:

tumblr_neilfamR0h1u0sfepo1_1280.png  

tumblr_neilhtHFip1u0sfepo1_1280.png

#49 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

It really DOES help!

Omg she is pretty O_o

#50 Liesa