• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Murder is almost a universal taboo in human anthropology, but time and time again have been proven that act to be necessary in the long run. Pedro Flores made the yo-yo an international craze in the U.S in the early 20th century. How do you cope with the cyber bullying and ill-intended scrutiny you received from Codex (like me!) in the past?

I'm sorry for not getting to your AMA earlier when I asked a bunch of question for a handful of people. I only went as far as February of this year. What emotions did you experience when all these AMAs started having questions but left yours out?

*prepares stereotypical older asian relative voice* How's your schooling? Do you have girlfriend yet?

#52 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:05 PM

Murder is almost a universal taboo in human anthropology, but time and time again have been proven that act to be necessary in the long run. Pedro Flores made the yo-yo an international craze in the U.S in the early 20th century. How do you cope with the cyber bullying and ill-intended scrutiny you received from Codex (like me!) in the past?

I'm sorry for not getting to your AMA earlier when I asked a bunch of question for a handful of people. I only went as far as February of this year. What emotions did you experience when all these AMAs started having questions but left yours out?

*prepares stereotypical older asian relative voice* How's your schooling? Do you have girlfriend yet?

Why is murder necessary in the long run?
I don't care about yo yo's unless it's Yo YoMa we're talking about
As for the cyber bullying (which did happen and isn't something to be joked about), overall it has actually made me stronger. Dont get me wrong, the experience was absolutely terrible and not something I would ever want to wish anyone to go through if possible. Being the target of that kind of malicious intention mostly felt dreadful, though there was one rare instance when I became legitimately angry at a user here. However, I did manage to grow a lot from the experience. I learned how to discern which posts to dismiss as playful, which posts to escalate to the mods, and which posts to not respond to. It has also led me to develop a thicker skin, which is useful as an aspiring musician. The only reason why I bothered to weather through that was because I genuinely love Neocodex and the community, even though some members were shitty to me.

I didn't care that much about mine not getting dug out because I literally just remembered I had one from years ago :p

The university life has been going fine for me. Been practicing a lot because I took easier courses for this quarter. I've had a girlfriend for quite a while now, it's been over a year.

#53 Swim

Swim

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

What is your plan for the future/what do you see yourself doing in 10 years/life goals?

#54 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

What is your plan for the future/what do you see yourself doing in 10 years/life goals?

I'm a cello performance major, so something related to cello. Right now I have a wide variety of options open to me: solo, chamber, orchestra, teacher, or any combination of those things. I definitely want to pursue music as a career however.

#55 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2,386 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

#56 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,916 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

1. I usually share my opinions on the internet with less of a filter. In real life, I tend to be more discerning. It's just so hard to tell who would get offended or hurt when I'm not in front of them.

2. Not intentionally

3. Yes, only if I see how it makes logical sense. I have changed quite a bit of my long held beliefs because of that! 

4. I would invest it in some index funds and maybe take it out when I retire, so I'd imagine it would last quite a long while. I'm the type of person who wouldn't make impulse purchases if I suddenly came to a lot of money. 

5. No, road rules are important in staying safe. You're rushing around in a 2,000 pound vehicle that costs thousands of dollars! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users