• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

http://www.upworthy....-her-foundation

I just watched this video, thought it was well-thought out and awesome. Didn't know exactly where to post, so whatever. :D

#2 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

I like this. Gave me a good laugh :p

Personally, I hope that Ray Rice is never allowed to play football again. The NFL needs to get their shit together. 

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Woah weird, I just shared this on FB earlier haha Love this girl!

#4 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

I like this. Gave me a good laugh :p

Personally, I hope that Ray Rice is never allowed to play football again. The NFL needs to get their shit together. 

Idk, I feel like the NFL shouldn't really have a say in it. I mean, abuse is not good in any form. But they only reason the NFL should have a say is if the vikings for instance thought that it would ruin their brand. The law should mostly sort it out. 

#5 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

Idk, I feel like the NFL shouldn't really have a say in it. I mean, abuse is not good in any form. But they only reason the NFL should have a say is if the vikings for instance thought that it would ruin their brand. The law should mostly sort it out. 

The NFL should have plenty of say in what happens to his career - and I hope it ends completely. This is a person who plays "America's favorite pastime" and who has now been thrust into the public eye because he knocked his wife out. Millions of people watch football every weekend, and the NFL should not be letting these people believe that they condone violence in any way. Brands don't matter. This is about the NFL standing up and saying that they will not support a man who abuses his spouse and showing their millions of viewers that they should not support this man either. 

#6 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:03 PM

Didn't she attack him?

#7 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

It is all about brand. The only reason the NFL is stepping in is because they are worried of a public outcry and boycott bc they feel having Ray Rice would ruin their brand. They don't want the game to be played by pure thugs. But I feel it should be the decision of each to make that decision, not the NFL at large.

#8 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Didn't she attack him?

He's a running back. I'm sure she didn't do too much damage. Especially if he was able to knock her out and drag her out of an elevator afterwards. 

It is all about brand. The only reason the NFL is stepping in is because they are worried of a public outcry and boycott bc they feel having Ray Rice would ruin their brand. They don't want the game to be played by pure thugs. But I feel it should be the decision of each to make that decision, not the NFL at large.

I'm just saying that I don't think that we should be teaching people that if you're a celebrity, rich, or you play a sport then you can commit a crime and essentially face little punishment and be welcomed back with open arms because you've "changed"

#9 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

I had no idea who this guy was before this incident, but having watched the video on TMZ Live it seems she was knocked against the head quite well since she ended up marrying Rice the day after he was indicted for hurting her...  :mellow:

Edited by MillionsOfPeaches, 17 September 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#10 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

He's a running back. I'm sure she didn't do too much damage. Especially if he was able to knock her out and drag her out of an elevator afterwards. 

I'm just saying that I don't think that we should be teaching people that if you're a celebrity, rich, or you play a sport then you can commit a crime and essentially face little punishment and be welcomed back with open arms because you've "changed"

Would a normal person be fired from his job if he punched his wife? By all means, take him to court, and let the judge and jury deal with him. And it does bother me that a woman can hit a man and almost never receive any form of condemnation, yet a man should absolutely, never hit a woman. ESPECIALLY with enough force to knock her out. Just a yucky situation all around. I worry this lady has past emotional trauma or abuse though. She makes it sound like it is her fault he hit her. Ya, maybe she was provoking him, but that is no excuse for knocking her out. She needs help.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

In the video she didn't even get a chance to touch him. lol She stepped toward him (because he shoved her) and then he knocked her out. 

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

She walks by him, he barks or blows or chomps at her ear and she back hands him in the face. They enter the elevator, he gets up close to her and barks or blows or chomps at her ear, so she shoves him away and he shoves her back. She approaches him aggressively, he clocks her in the head. Clearly self defense. Doesn't matter that he gets tackled for a living, having an angry woman in chanklas come at you in an elevator must have been terrifying for him. She deserved to get punched... and then dropped on her face twice and stepped on and kicked whilst unconscious.

#13 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

In the video she didn't even get a chance to touch him. lol She stepped toward him (because he shoved her) and then he knocked her out. 

I don't know if he planned for her to hit her head against the railing though...did that part knock her out or did he actually fist her in the face?

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

Would a normal person be fired from his job if he punched his wife? 

If he was held criminally responsible then yes, it's very likely he would be fired. Numerous places of work do criminal record checks and won't hire anyone with criminal charges against them. :/ That's common sense.

She walks by him, he barks or blows or chomps at her ear and she back hands him in the face. They enter the elevator, he gets up close to her and barks or blows or chomps at her ear, so she shoves him away and he shoves her back. She approaches him aggressively, he clocks her in the head. Clearly self defense. Doesn't matter that he gets tackled for a living, having an angry woman in chanklas come at you in an elevator must have been terrifying for him. She deserved to get punched... and then dropped on her face twice and stepped on and kicked whilst unconscious.

I just typed out a huuuuuge reply to you before I realized you were being sarcastic. Fuck, punk, WHY DO YOU DO THIS.

#15 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Relevant: Especially with Peterson in the news (he is the first guy)

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

I don't know if he planned for her to hit her head against the railing though...did that part knock her out or did he actually fist her in the face?

Oh well as long as he didn't plan for there to be consequences to punching his fiance in the face, no biggie. :p

#17 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

I just typed out a huuuuuge reply to you before I realized you were being sarcastic. Fuck, punk, WHY DO YOU DO THIS.

I thought she was serious through self-defense. Then even I caught the over the internet sarcasm. ha

#18 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

I thought she was serious through self-defense. Then even I caught the over the internet sarcasm. ha

Yep lol I literally stopped reading at "Clearly self defense" and started to reply and then I went back and re-read it for reference points and I was like "Oh.. I'm a fucking idiot."

#19 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

I was serious. He did chomp at her twice, even though she made it clear she didn't like being chomped at.

#20 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Would a normal person be fired from his job if he punched his wife? By all means, take him to court, and let the judge and jury deal with him. And it does bother me that a woman can hit a man and almost never receive any form of condemnation, yet a man should absolutely, never hit a woman. ESPECIALLY with enough force to knock her out. Just a yucky situation all around. I worry this lady has past emotional trauma or abuse though. She makes it sound like it is her fault he hit her. Ya, maybe she was provoking him, but that is no excuse for knocking her out. She needs help.

It doesn't matter if you're a man/woman/other, violence in a relationship is never acceptable...  I mean, unless you like it rough in the bedroom, I guess. Do yo thang. Either way, I'm sure there were plenty of ways the situation could have been handled that didn't involve him knocking her out or becoming violent with her in any way. 

#21 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Yep lol I literally stopped reading at "Clearly self defense" and started to reply and then I went back and re-read it for reference points and I was like "Oh.. I'm a fucking idiot."

ha. That will happen. That is the worst part of texting/the interwebs. Misinterpretation is high. It has happened to me a billion times.

I totally agree Emily. A slightly healthier alternative would be for him to say "Um, chick, we aren't going to stay together if you keep yelling/backhanding me" And she could have said the same thing. Again, threatening relationship isn't healthy, but better than violence. 

Edited by Kaddict, 17 September 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#22 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

It doesn't matter if you're a man/woman/other, violence in a relationship is never acceptable...  I mean, unless you like it rough in the bedroom, I guess. Do yo thang. Either way, I'm sure there were plenty of ways the situation could have been handled that didn't involve him knocking her out or becoming violent with her in any way. 

I can't believe I am best friends with someone who uses the phrase "Do yo thang."

#23 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

I can't believe I am best friends with someone who uses the phrase "Do yo thang."

It just came out. I couldn't stop it. 

#24 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

It just came out. I couldn't stop it. 

I always knew you swung for the other team!

#25 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

I always knew you swung for the other team!

DANG IT KATE. DON'T EXPLOIT MY TYPOS. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users