DANG IT KATE. DON'T EXPLOIT MY TYPOS. 

:innocent:

#27 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

Hmm I'm getting the whole "it's ok he's a man he can handle it vibe from this thread"

Apparently hitting someone multiple times is ok as long as that person is a football player or something. I don't know, people have weird and stupid morales.

(Funnily enough I've also knocked out a woman in a similar situation. Got a comendation from my department and judge so I guess it must have been ok in their eyes...)

#28 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hmm I'm getting the whole "it's ok he's a man he can handle it vibe from this thread"

Apparently hitting someone multiple times is ok as long as that person is a football player or something. I don't know, people have weird and stupid morales.

(Funnily enough I've also knocked out a woman in a similar situation. Got a comendation from my department and judge so I guess it must have been ok in their eyes...)

No one is saying it's ok they're saying that he had other options rather than punching her in the face.

Edited by Mishelle, 18 September 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Like getting punched in the face, or having your eye scratched out. I guess those are options.

#30 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Like getting punched in the face, or having your eye scratched out. I guess those are options.

It's absolutely an option. I choose the path of the coward. In physical altercations of the past, when I couldn't outrun someone, I cowered or had my arms up to protect my precious face from my beatings. My bullies were always bigger than me, because fat jokes were my favorite. Eventually someone would show up to break it up and the perpetrator of violence got in trouble and I got to go home and have ice cream to help with the bloody lip. So it might be a STUPID option, but it's an option nonetheless.

Because of it, I think I've built up a tolerance to being struck because the other day at work I was up on the ladder and I simultaneously hit my knee and dropped a box on my face. I also fell off the ladder, (I was pretty high up, so I impressed myself by how catlike I landed, meow) and my knee stung like hell, but what hurt the most was my pride. Luckily, no one saw.

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

All I got from that was not to trust with any of my belongings because you will drop them and break them. 

#32 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

All I got from that was not to trust with any of my belongings because you will drop them and break them. 

BUT you never have to worry about me hitting back.

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

That is true, you are essentially a bitch  recipient of the flight aspect of the  "fight or flight response".

http://en.wikipedia....flight_response

#34 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

That is true, you are essentially a bitch  recipient of the flight aspect of the  "fight or flight response".

http://en.wikipedia....flight_response

Well, I'm 5'5" and weigh 115 pounds. I imagine if I decided to hit or claw at someone, it would only anger them further.

#35 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

"America's favorite pastime" 

I didnt know Ray Rice played baseball!!! Either way, they NFL shouldn't end his career. No matter what happened, she went on to marry him. What does this say about her?

#36 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I didnt know Ray Rice played baseball!!! Either way, they NFL shouldn't end his career. No matter what happened, she went on to marry him. What does this say about her?

Oh, well. It's one of Americas favorite pastimes. Put it in quotes for a reason.

And it says that they both have issues. Either way, I hope he never plays again.

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Well, I'm 5'5" and weigh 115 pounds. I imagine if I decided to hit or claw at someone, it would only anger them further.

I've only been scared of two people in my job. One was a 15 year old crackhead who weigh probably about 120 pounds. Serious damage can be done regardless of gender or weight.
Also what happened to that dog fighting cunt? Does he still play?

I mean I can understand beating your kids/wife, not that I agree with it, but I couldn't fathom why someone who's as high profile and rich wanting to see dogs rip the shit out of each other.

#38 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

I've only been scared of two people in my job. One was a 15 year old crackhead who weigh probably about 120 pounds. Serious damage can be done regardless of gender or weight.
Also what happened to that dog fighting cunt? Does he still play?

I mean I can understand beating your kids/wife, not that I agree with it, but I couldn't fathom why someone who's as high profile and rich wanting to see dogs rip the shit out of each other.

Michael Vick? Yeah, he plays. 

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

Well that's just bad advertisement.

#40 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, he has even more options than that if you can believe it. Like calling security, wtf do those dudes get paid for anyway? I'm sure it isn't just to drag knocked out women out of elevators.

#41 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, he has even more options than that if you can believe it. Like calling security, wtf do those dudes get paid for anyway? I'm sure it isn't just to drag knocked out women out of elevators.

Isn't that kind of a double standard?

Stockholm syndrome.

#42 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

its a shame that mike vick still plays. i was disappointed when he came to Philadelphia being an eagles fan. But hey, it's the NFL. If you took out every player with issues you would barely have any players. The majority of the positions require such an aggressive demeanor the game of football molds their personalities, and sometimes it shows in their behaviors off the field. 

#43 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

I'm sure in those two seconds he could have called out and then security could have responded. I don't think people are really knowledge about instinctive/adrenaline fuelled responses.

#44 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

Isn't that kind of a double standard?

No

I'm sure in those two seconds he could have called out and then security could have responded. I don't think people are really knowledge about instinctive/adrenaline fuelled responses.

I also don't think this was the first time he's ever knocked her out.

#45 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well that's just speculating.

#46 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

Well that's just speculating.

So is assuming she was going to claw his eyes out.

#47 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Other than video evidence...

#48 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

My 'flight' isn't instinct. I choose to not hit back. What I always really feel like doing is to get out a box cutter and stab someone in the throat and let their blood wash over me like a warm summer rain. I resist that urge. If I honestly felt like my life was in severe danger, I'd probably choose not to crouch down and let myself be murdered. 

But, in my uneducated opinion, having a fight in an elevator with a crazy-ass Solange Knowles is not a life and death situation. It looks like he instigated the confrontation and when she got angry and attacked him, he knocked her block off. At no point do either look fearful for their own well being. The only defensive move he makes is when he steps back from her.

What's it called when your first instinct is not to check on the well being of the person you just hurt, but to get rid of the body?

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

That isn't instinct, that's well thought out calculated rational thought. Come on, your a smart person, allegedly, figure it out.

#50 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:10 AM

It looks like he instigated the confrontation

No one can really say this for fact... It's really all just speculation. Unless they have released more information since I saw it last on ESPN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users