Quantcast

Photo

Anyone ever tried ABing using the TOR browser?

abrosia abing neopets ip banning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ronan

Ronan
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hey guys, I have a question regarding IP bans and ABing on neopets using Abrosia. I gather some of you have heard of TOR (The Onion Router) which is commonly used to access the deep web and hide your IP address while on those...more unlawful websites. I have never been on any of them myself but have definitely heard of it on sites like reddit and figured it could be a useful browser to use for ABing on neopets? I mean, if the FBI can barely track your IP then I doubt neopets can, right?

Anyway, has anyone ever tried this before? If it works I think i'd like to AB using it so I don't get IP banned and can keep my main, legitimate account safe while using Abrosia and having some fun on a separate account.

Sorry if this isn't an acceptable thing to talk about on here, I haven't seen anyone mention it and thought i'd bring it up since im genuinely curious. Any info you might have would be awesome to know. Thanks!

Edited by Jessea, 17 September 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

Too slow.

Might as well use a public proxy.

#3 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:35 AM

Deep web = not indexed sites.

FBI/Anyone can still track your IP/Mac address anyway... 

#4 Ronan

Ronan
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

@Ivysaur how do public proxies work? Are they any good for ABing?

@HiMyNameIsNick true, wouldn't it still be harder for neo to pick up your IP address though if the TOR browser is continously changing it? Or would that actually rase more suspision than usual?

#5 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

I used TOR only briefly, several years ago, to see what this DEEPWEB was all about, but I remember it being extremely slow; I can't imagine you'd be able to buy anything of value using the TOR browser

#6 Devoid

Devoid
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

@HiMyNameIsNick true, wouldn't it still be harder for neo to pick up your IP address though if the TOR browser is continously changing it? Or would that actually rase more suspision than usual?

It does not seem normal for an account to be accessed from different places in the world every day or so. It'd be obvious for them.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

If you want the best results, buy your own VPN or proxy.

(Or in your case, buy Advanced to tweak your settings a bit more. It's worth it. )

#8 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I agree with all of the above.

Tried using TOR and it's too slow. I make way more NP using default settings on Abrosia.

Like others have said, pay for the advanced settings on Codex or try a VPN.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abrosia, abing, neopets, ip banning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users