• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

Today's the first day of fall, and you know what that means... Thanksgiving's coming up! Yay!

Anyway, this is how we celebrated.

I started my day with a homemade pumpkin spice latte.

Spoiler

Then I made the girls some pumpkin spice oatmeal, from old-fashioned oats.

Spoiler

Then my step-mom dropped off ANOTHER 5 gallon bucket of windfall apples. (For those who don't know, I had 10 gallons on Thursday that I worked on all weekend.) (trigger warning: feet)

Spoiler

Then we took a short break and did school, fall poetry, copywork, singing, and apple dissection. Fall-things. I'm instilling the basic bitch in my kids young.

Started the sauce.

Spoiler

Sooo... did you celebrate? Or is it actually Spring where you live? (Spring is actually my favorite season, but I love fall because of Thanksgiving) Discuss fall things here and post your instagram shit with fall leaves and yoga pants and pumpkin capps and stuff.

#2 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

Yay!! That all looks awesome. I love fall, and today definitely feels like fall in NC. Its amazing.

Also, I got a pumpkin spiced ice coffee from McD's today, it was yum-o.

Edited by arcanum, 23 September 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'm already set for Autumn with my display pic. :p We don't do Thanksgiving over here, we've got Bonfire/Guy Fawkes Night on the 5th of November where we rather ironically celebrate a failed plot to blow up Parliament by burning people but I'm not a massive fan of that since it terrifies my dog with all the fireworks. :/ I am a fan of the jacket potatoes, cinder toffee and toffee apples which tend to go with it though. :p

#4 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

Mmm, those look delicious! :D

I'll have to celebrate fall over the weekend.  Too busy this week.. :C

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

I'm already set for Autumn with my display pic. :p We don't do Thanksgiving over here, we've got Bonfire/Guy Fawkes Night on the 5th of November where we rather ironically celebrate a failed plot to blow up Parliament by burning people but I'm not a massive fan of that since it terrifies my dog with all the fireworks. :/ I am a fan of the jacket potatoes, cinder toffee and toffee apples which tend to go with it though. :p

I'm terrified of fireworks too. What's cinder toffee?

#6 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

I was gonna ask the same thing, it looks awesome from the google image search results hahahaha

I love fireworks. :D

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Honeycomb. Just need to make a toffee and then add bicarbonate of soda so it bubbles up, then when it sets it goes like that:

Spoiler

#8 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Yay!! That all looks awesome. I love fall, and today definitely feels like fall in NC. Its amazing.

I love Fall. It is definitely a nice change of pace given how hot summer was. It is 58 right now in Charlotte. Fall does make me miss college though. It was just over 50 degrees there today.

Plus fall is football (American) weather, so naturally it's my favorite time of year.

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Honeycomb. Just need to make a toffee and then add bicarbonate of soda so it bubbles up, then when it sets it goes like that:

Spoiler

Oh wait, so I could make this and try it myself?

#10 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

Spoiler

Does this taste similar to the Crunchies bar by Cadbury?

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Oh wait, so I could make this and try it myself?

Yeah, it's really easy actually. :p Not sure what you guys call them but you just really need caster sugar, golden syrup (melt these two together to make a toffee) and then whisk in some bicarbonate of soda so it fizzes up. Then pour it out onto like a non-stick tin/greaseproof paper and let it set then break it up. Even better if you dip it in melted chocolate afterwards. ;)

Does this taste similar to the Crunchies bar by Cadbury?

That's exactly what it is.

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

I'm just glad it's getting cold and dark.

#13 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

Oooh yay! I had one of those for the first time when I went to ireland, and it was soo stinkin good. Luckily World Market carries them here in the states.

I'll have to look into making it though, especially if I have some event coming up where I need to bring something. Might be awesome, and different. xD

#14 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Is it time for Pumpkin Spice Latte yet?

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'm just glad it's getting cold and dark.

It's already pitch black when I go to work, in a few weeks it's going to be dark when I finish too. By December I usually end up like something out of The Descent. :rolleyes:

Oooh yay! I had one of those for the first time when I went to ireland, and it was soo stinkin good. Luckily World Market carries them here in the states.

I'll have to look into making it though, especially if I have some event coming up where I need to bring something. Might be awesome, and different. xD

You guys don't have anything like that? O_o

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

Yes, that's literally the first picture in my post.

#17 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yes, that's literally the first picture in my post.

I am happy for that fact and obviously am a terrible reader.

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, it's really easy actually. :p Not sure what you guys call them but you just really need caster sugar, golden syrup (melt these two together to make a toffee) and then whisk in some bicarbonate of soda so it fizzes up. Then pour it out onto like a non-stick tin/greaseproof paper and let it set then break it up. Even better if you dip it in melted chocolate afterwards. ;)

fantastic, I'll google around and see what I come up with.

#19 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

It's cold (well, for a Floridian) and rainy today and I kind of love it. 

Yay Fall! 

No, ew. Down with the PSL.

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

cause i know y'all were dying of curiosity about the other fall-weather food I ate today:

Spoiler

It's also Johnny Appleseed Day.

#21 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'm headed to Starbucks for my favorite, expensive venti pumpkin spice latte. I will follow that up by eating pumpkin cheesecake ice cream from "scoop dogg" down the road. Yum

#22 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I'm headed to Starbucks for my favorite, expensive venti pumpkin spice latte. I will follow that up by eating pumpkin cheesecake ice cream from "scoop dogg" down the road. Yum

Where is the picture of your pumpkin spice from the other week?

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Where is the picture of your pumpkin spice from the other week?

I lost it somewhere, but I'll be sure to take another one.

#24 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

mmmm yummy food! I wish i was in the States, i would be hitting up Hobby Lobby for its fall decorations and going crazy at home lol..... but nooOOOoo, going into spring instead. ;)

#25 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

It's Spring here :| I hate it because the weather gets fucked up in my country, in the morning it's freezing cold and during the day is hot as hell.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, thanksgiving, pumpkins, apples, yoga pants, a few of my favor, things, shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users