• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

I live in southern California and I know nothing of this "Fall" you speak of.

#52 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Nope, I've never had one either.  I only get Starbucks when I win a gift card at work or something, and then it's always a tea.

I like tea.

I love pumpkin everything, though.  I usually get a few pumpkins in the fall and bake/cook/do all kinds of stuff with them.  And apples.  And pears.  And tons of winter squashes.  Basically all the fall food staples.  I'm scared to death I won't be able to enjoy fall food this year because of the diet I've adopted now.  HALP NAPI HALP

You can make the latte I posted a picture of in the first post. Brew coffee with pumpkin spice in it the normal way, use unsweetened coconut or almond milk, vanilla extract, and 

erythritol. Crustless pumpkin pie here. Spaghetti squash is found in a lot of keto stuff. You might be SOL on apples and pears though. Buy a candle.

#53 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

You can make the latte I posted a picture of in the first post. Brew coffee with pumpkin spice in it the normal way, use unsweetened coconut or almond milk, vanilla extract, and 

erythritol. Crustless pumpkin pie here. Spaghetti squash is found in a lot of keto stuff. You might be SOL on apples and pears though. Buy a candle.

YOU ARE THE BEST!  I need to get some almond milk.  I love almond milk.  I usually do soy milk but carbs.

I already bought some squashes and I guess I'll have to make everyone else eat them.  I can make a meal out of one acorn squash cut in half and baked with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar but that's like... not going to fly right now.

Candles it is!

Also marry me pls.

#54 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

YOU ARE THE BEST!  I need to get some almond milk.  I love almond milk.  I usually do soy milk but carbs.

I already bought some squashes and I guess I'll have to make everyone else eat them.  I can make a meal out of one acorn squash cut in half and baked with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar but that's like... not going to fly right now.

Candles it is!

Also marry me pls.

What kinds of squash? You can have like... a bite. out of an acorn squash, but they're like the starchiest of them all. 

I'll marry anyone with health insurance right now.

#55 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

95184-whoomp-there-it-is-gif-Rebel-W-IM5

#56 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

What kinds of squash? You can have like... a bite. out of an acorn squash, but they're like the starchiest of them all. 

Just acorn and butternut so far.  I haven't gone squash crazy yet.  I usually get a hubbard squash, lots of acorn squash, tons of those tiny ornamental pumpkins (for eating), normal pumpkins, white pumpkins, those crazy spiky squashes and the bumpy ones...

Alas, no health insurance here.  My employer dropped our health insurance because of the Affordable Care Act.

#57 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

I had oatmeal with banana

#58 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Just acorn and butternut so far.  I haven't gone squash crazy yet.  I usually get a hubbard squash, lots of acorn squash, tons of those tiny ornamental pumpkins (for eating), normal pumpkins, white pumpkins, those crazy spiky squashes and the bumpy ones...

Alas, no health insurance here.  My employer dropped our health insurance because of the Affordable Care Act.

I just found this:

The sweeter the squash is, the more carbs it has. Here are some alternatives you can try (net carbs per 100 g / 3.5 oz): Butternut - 9.7 g , Hokkaido - 7.1 g, Onion / Ambercup - 7.1 g, Harlequin / Carnival - 7 g, Spaghetti - 5.4 g, Hubbard - 4.8 g, Pattypan - 2.6 g

#59 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

I just found this:

Frff27Z.gif

#60 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

I'm already set for Autumn with my display pic. :p

And who do you have to thank for that? :rolleyes:

Honestly Waser, you shouldn't be afraid to put the fear of God into your domestic animals. It's also a well-reputed model for how to treat your children. Increases obedience and decreases, well, independent thought.

#61 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

c958103e0e72412e5578d97883ae8daf.png

Look at the cute little decorations my mom sent me for my apartment. 

#62 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:58 AM

And who do you have to thank for that? :rolleyes:

Honestly Waser, you shouldn't be afraid to put the fear of God into your domestic animals. It's also a well-reputed model for how to treat your children. Increases obedience and decreases, well, independent thought.

It would have been done eventually anyway. :p

Fear is indeed a strong incentive but I have an issue with other people causing that fear, especially given that my dog is rather highly strung because of her breed so any loud noises like fireworks or thunder she really hates and ends up hiding somewhere shaking. :/

Halloween also pisses me off.

I know of a magical land where you can get healthcare without any insurance or payment at all!

#63 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

Fear is indeed a strong incentive but I have an issue with other people causing that fear, especially given that my dog is rather highly strung because of her breed so any loud noises like fireworks or thunder she really hates and ends up hiding somewhere shaking. :/

Halloween also pisses me off.

My dog is the same way except he tries to climb up on your head when he's scared... and he is not a small dog.

Why does Halloween piss you off?

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

My dog is the same way except he tries to climb up on your head when he's scared... and he is not a small dog.

Why does Halloween piss you off?

I get that anyway. :p

Not really sure, it's just always seemed a bit odd to me, besides the whole encouraging kids to knock on the door of strangers and ask for sweets thing. :rolleyes:

#65 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

funny-gif-welcome-October-115x88.gif

#66 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

I know of a magical land where you can get healthcare without any insurance or payment at all!

Maybe you, you jobless bum but I'm sometimes paying 51% tax....

#67 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Maybe you, you jobless bum but I'm sometimes paying 51% tax....

I'm not jobless, I actually just worked 8 days in a row so I've got a few days off thank you very much. :p

#68 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

Ohh la la la, trying doing 7 x 12 hour shifts in a row, or try to beat my record. 24 days in a row.

Ya hippy.

#69 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

Ohh la la la, trying doing 7 x 12 hour shifts in a row, or try to beat my record. 24 days in a row.

Ya hippy.

Well you do get paid more than me to be fair so it's probably to be expected. :p 8 x 8 hour days is enough for me so I'll let you keep your record. ;)

#70 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

No Thanksgiving in Germany. It's a pity because I love food (I don't like pumpkin however). Some years back we picked apples from friends and relatives trees and made apple juice. It's soo delicious but a lot of work.

#71 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

I get that anyway. :p

Not really sure, it's just always seemed a bit odd to me, besides the whole encouraging kids to knock on the door of strangers and ask for sweets thing. :rolleyes:

That's why you check the candy for razor blades afterward. Totally normal. 

#72 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

That's why you check the candy for razor blades afterward. Totally normal. 

I find that ground glass is both cheaper and more difficult to detect.

#73 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

I find that ground glass is both cheaper and more difficult to detect.

Remind me to skip your house this Halloween. 

#74 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Spring here and I love it. 

#75 Karyx

Karyx
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

I live in a land where around this time of year, monsoon season is right up against typhoon season. So if it's not raining "seasonally", a typhoon is sucking up more juice from the monsoons so everything is literally flooded and you don't get anywhere without a boat or a helicopter...

*is such a downer* :p

But I lived in NYC for 3 years, and learned to appreciate ALL things fall! I really loved seeing the leaves change (it was the perfect time to hang around Central Park), and even went apple picking once. Here, you picked mangoes. Or coconuts. Not super fun, I tell you.

I loved filling up our tiny apartment with the smell of simmering apple sauce and cider :D And I basically ate pumpkin pie every day for breakfast for like a month. Here's my favorite photo from Central Park:

Spoiler

...I envy you 4-season-ers. There's never an appropriate time to wear boots or scarves or hats here, unless you want to look like a douche, or die of heat stroke.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, thanksgiving, pumpkins, apples, yoga pants, a few of my favor, things, shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users