Quantcast

Do you ever feel....

suspense building bog nudes beware

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

..like you really want to post a thread, but have no idea what to discuss? So you sit refreshing the new content page, wondering why Neocodex is so dead lately? Maybe it's dead because people don't post what they are feeling or thinking for whatever reason, I realized this after I myself told AlyssaNicole it would have been more polite to post a status update rather than creating a thread. I guess the more I thought about it, I decided maybe manners don't matter as much in this situation. Sure if it became excessive, that would be one thing, but posting a thread in chit-chat or gen-chat that just reflects what you are thinking still opens the floor to a discussion topic, if anything it's activity the forum desperately needs sometimes. 

I intentionally avoid posting threads that I think could be posted in Status Updates instead, but all that does is contribute to inactivity on the actual forum. How many of you do the same thing? 

Do you guys even think the forum is slow or am I just crazy? I mean we all jumped on that topic AlyssaNicole posted like crazy because it was ACTION, something actually happening on the forum. I want another 100 post day!! COME ON CODEX I CANT HANDLE THIS!

nervous-gif.gif

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form, endorsing the attitude and/or behavior of AlyssaNicole.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

People have been jumped on for quite a while for doing things like that and it's not usually by staff because we don't really have any rules about gravedigging and I don't really have an issue with it personally as long as it's not actual spam. I've also told people a few times in their status updates that perhaps they'd be better as a thread. :p I try to make threads to generate activity when I can but I'm only one man! Also, my threads usually end up being rather random and most people don't get them. :p

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

People have been jumped on for quite a while for doing things like that and it's not usually by staff because we don't really have any rules about gravedigging and I don't really have an issue with it personally as long as it's not actual spam. I've also told people a few times in their status updates that perhaps they'd be better as a thread. :p I try to make threads to generate activity when I can but I'm only one man! Also, my threads usually end up being rather random and most people don't get them. :p

Yours always feel like a joke I am on the outside of, not going to lie :p I'm always like "Am I missing something?". So I can see how others would feel that way too, but at least you are trying. I rarely make threads because I don't know what to post/what is appropriate to post/what is worthy of it's own thread.

#4 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

No programs, no newbies. No newbies, no activity. Neopets slowing down, codex slowing down. Inactive staff/admins, codex has no engine or drive.

There's just a few reasons for the sites slowdown.

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

I feel the same, actually. Everytime I see a new post I get more excited than I should be, but that's because I feel the forum really dead these days :/

Just yesterday I was thinking of how great would be another 100-post day to give some life to Codex.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

No programs, no newbies. No newbies, no activity. Neopets slowing down, codex slowing down. Inactive staff/admins, codex has no engine or drive.

There's just a few reasons for the sites slowdown.

We have a few things coming up to try to address a few of those things, watch this space. ;)

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

I feel like this should have been in chit-chat. I'm shaming you in my head.

Sometimes, I think it's slow. But then I'm like wtf, Jess, the world isn't here to amuse you. You're 26 years old, surely you can entertain yourself for an hour while someone thinks of something worth talking about. Then I go fold laundry or something. I was thinking about another 100 post day just the other day, but I was left with the impression that it was Sweeney's thing, so it won't happen?

I used to never make threads, for the reasons you said. Now I'm kinda like fuck it. If you want activity, make the activity.

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Sometimes, I think it's slow. But then I'm like wtf, Jess, the world isn't here to amuse you. You're 26 years old, surely you can entertain yourself for an hour while someone thinks of something worth talking about. Then I go fold laundry or something. I was thinking about another 100 post day just the other day, but I was left with the impression that it was Sweeney's thing.

I used to never make threads, for the reasons you said. Now I'm kinda like fuck it. If you want activity, make the activity.

I expect people to discuss.. that's why it's in general. 

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

I expect people to discuss.. that's why it's in general. 

It was a joke.

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

I feel the same, actually. Everytime I see a new post I get more excited than I should be, but that's because I feel the forum really dead these days :/

Just yesterday I was thinking of how great would be another 100-post day to give some life to Codex.

Someone should host one.. like a staff member. Sweeney did the last one but he has stepped down :(

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

It was a joke.

Kate never gets internet sarcasm...

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

It was a joke.

Oh lol You had me thinking my topic was inadequate and I shouldn't have bothered posti-.. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg

Kate never gets internet sarcasm...

Well @Napiform is emoticon blind, so we're all fucked basically. :p

#13 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

We have a few things coming up to try to address a few of those things, watch this space. ;)

I'll be waiting with baited breath...

Sometimes, I think it's slow. But then I'm like wtf, Jess, the world isn't here to amuse you. You're 26 years old, surely you can entertain yourself for an hour while someone thinks of something worth talking about. Then I go fold laundry or something. I was thinking about another 100 post day just the other day, but I was left with the impression that it was Sweeney's thing, so it won't happen?

You're 26? Damn...

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

Oh lol You had me thinking my topic was inadequate and I shouldn't have bothered posti-.. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, I thought I made that clear by going in depth with a full paragraph of discussion worthy of gen-chat.

You're 26? Damn...

Shut up

#15 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

Sorry, I thought I made that clear by going in depth with a full paragraph of discussion worthy of gen-chat.

Thanx sooooo mucH 4 helpng me undurstaND. 

Iam stooopid.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

Thanx sooooo mucH 4 helpng me undurstaND. 
Iam stooopid.

I love how well your avatar goes with this post. I'm screenshotting this.

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

Maybe I should visit Codex while I'm at work. Because I now spend most of the day there >_<" and don't really feel like surfing randomly much when I get home D:

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

I intentionally avoid posting threads that I think could be posted in Status Updates instead, but all that does is contribute to inactivity on the actual forum. How many of you do the same thing?

I actually do the opposite. I'm sure the pencil grip thing could've been resolved in a pm or a status update, but I made a thread instead, and if I get around to it, I'll post my own grip in the thread I made. Or the first day or fall could've been a status update, I guess.

#19 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

Shut up

Sorry I thought you were mid to late 30s.

#20 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

The forums have definitely been slow lately but I assumed that the issues Neopets is having are to blame. I'd like another 100 post day as well.

Edited by talbs, 24 September 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

Sorry I thought you were mid to late 30s.

Wow, I need to drink more water.

#22 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

I generally only post when I have something to add, but I'll just chalk this one as a contribution to the 100-post day :p

Also, tinychat wont load for me. Whatfux?

#23 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

You should all become avid sports fans, the sports board is active.

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

If I posted everything I felt about sports, it'd be all butts and forearms, all the time.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

I love that you guys make Codex look a little less nerdy and pathetic. Props <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suspense, building, bog nudes, beware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users