suspense building bog nudes beware

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#51 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

My personal opinion of you (you being an asshole most of the time) has nothing to do with how qualified or experienced you are at being a moderator...

(But we can ignore the rest of my post if you like)

Blah blah blah. I quoted your whole post, people can read it and judge for themselves.

#52 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

I know people might disregard my opinion about this because I'm @Dan's fiance, but hear me out. Both of us care A LOT about the site because we both met on here.. it means a great deal to us.

We talk about it all the time, and I've witnessed firsthand Dan's attitude towards the site and his dedication to making programs and trying his best to help with what little time he has to do so. I hold similar thoughts as him about these things so it hurts my feelings a bit when people shit on his opinion just cause it's him saying it, time after time. 

As much as I'd like to pretend there aren't issues with the site the way it is right now, neither of us want to sit on the sidelines and watch it fade away. :(

#53 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

I know people might disregard my opinion about this because I'm @Dan's fiance, but hear me out. Both of us care A LOT about the site because we both met on here.. it means a great deal to us.

We talk about it all the time, and I've witnessed firsthand Dan's attitude towards the site and his dedication to making programs and trying his best to help with what little time he has to do so. I hold similar thoughts as him about these things so it hurts my feelings a bit when people shit on his opinion just cause it's him saying it, time after time. 

As much as I'd like to pretend there aren't issues with the site the way it is right now, neither of us want to sit on the sidelines and watch it fade away. :(

I don't think people react the way they do because it's him saying it, they do because what he's saying (and how he's saying it) is usually dramatic, combatative, antagonistic and/or pedantic. At the end of the day, that's not what I want to see when I visit Neocodex, and I don't think it's the answer to any of the problems with the site.

#54 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

Blah blah blah. I quoted your whole post, people can read it and judge for themselves.

I'm not interested in making this "Dan vs Joe" or "Dan vs Bone" or anything like that - I've just laid out the issues that we have and how they need to be solved.

@Ali got it spot on with "groundhog day"... I'll play the role of villain if it makes you all feel better about your inaction.

#55 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

I don't know. I'm frustrated with a lot of things, and I have expressed my opinions in staff meetings along with @Sunscorch

I love this place and don't want it to die. It's just hard to do some things when you don't have the help you need to get you there. 

#56 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

I don't think people react the way they do because it's him saying it, they do because what he's saying (and how he's saying it) is usually dramatic, combatative, antagonistic and/or pedantic. At the end of the day, that's not what I want to see when I visit Neocodex, and I don't think it's the answer to any of the problems with the site.

I don't see that when I see his posts but to each their own. What would you rather see? What do you think the answer is?

#57 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

I don't see that when I see his posts but to each their own. What would you rather see? What do you think the answer is?

MORE BANTER, also another 100 post day

#58 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

The answer to what?

#59 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

So....any word on when us normal members will be informed of the efforts to bolster activity?

#60 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

The answer to what?

I think she was referring to Neocodex's (perceived) malaise 

#61 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

MORE BANTER, also another 100 post day

A 100 post day won't solve the underlying problem.

#62 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

So....any word on when us normal members will be informed of the efforts to bolster activity?

You're not a normal member, you're a private member. :p

#63 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

I don't think it's worth solving any more.

#64 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

You're not a normal member, you're a private member. :p

Non-Staff members then :p

#65 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

It seemed like there was considerably more activity in the month following the last 100 post day. Might have not actually happened or have been due to other causes, but I think it reminded people that ~posting is fun~

Cryptic.

#66 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Not all of us are willing to give up on the site yet.

#67 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I think she was referring to Neocodex's (perceived) malaise 

Oh, I don't have an answer for that.

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

...obviously.

#69 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

I care about this goddammit website but fuck sometimes I hate some of you callous assholes

#70 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

...obviously.

So why post that comment?

Aside from undermining whatever intentions we have to revive the site, it doesn't accomplish anything.

So why are you being such a pessimist?

I care about this goddammit website but fuck sometimes I hate some of you callous assholes

Agreed.

#71 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Aside from undermining whatever intentions we have to revive the site, it doesn't accomplish anything.

Because I'm allowed to post my opinion. Surprise!

I'm being a pessimist because that's the appropriate thing to be right now. For me, at least.

#72 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

I'm being a pessimist because that's the appropriate thing to be right now. For me, at least.

At least pessimists are never disappointed.

#73 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

Sweeney genuinely tried, I know he did. You can't harp on him for feeling defeated when you really don't understand what it was like for him or for any of us who were or are currently are on staff and tried to make a change, but continuously failed because ultimately the "powers that be" wouldn't do their part.

A lot of the things Dan wants and what Joe wants, are the same things. There's just only so much that can be done when the only admin capable is completely uninterested in helping. 

Edit: Perhaps I can steer us back on topic.. I threw up the codies thread, hopefully that will breathe life into the forum for the next little while. :)

#74 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Joe was in a position to make positive changes to the site but was hampered by the lack of involvement of the people who actually own the website.

(I also understand there was a little personality clash :p)

----

It's important to realise that Neocodex is a business and has shareholders - therefore any significant changes to the website or model need to be run by these shareholders. Unfortunately these people are too busy or too uninterested to help develop the site any further.

And we can all probably understand that to a certain degree - Neocodex turns a healthy profit every quarter, so what needs to change?

Most of the profit for Neocodex is generated from the sale of Neocash cards - profits from advanced membership have and will continue to fall as more and more components of Abrosia (and other programs) break over time (e.g. attic).

In my opinion, the only chance we have to pull codex back is to give back the forum and programs to the members. Allow the shareholders to continue profiting from the sale of Neocash cards but allow the community as a whole to continue the development of programs and provide a forum for that community to thrive.

I would imagine little profit is being generated from our advanced subscriptions anymore. Why not give full control of the website and programs to the people who are actually willing to work on them and then we can push forward as a community without being stifled by shareholders who don't see a need.

Alternatively, we can hold a few 100 post days and see what happens.

(Feel free to correct me, anyone, if the facts stated I'm this post are wrong, but this is what I know after meetings involving Faraaz and other staff members. I'm not looking to pick a fight, but more looking to see how we can fix the issues outlined and agreed on by most people in this thread.)

#75 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

At least pessimists are never disappointed.

I must not be a real pessimist, then :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suspense, building, bog nudes, beware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users