If you would like to be part of this, please let me know. I am going to put together a team of forward-thinking individuals, and I will need people to fill certain roles within the team.
Please PM me or post here if you would like to be involved. Include:
- What role in which you feel you would be the most helpful
- Specific examples of your behavior on the forum for reference applicable to the role - please point me directly to things that you want me to see, don't give generalities
- Any personal portfolio items you would like to include (graphics, coding, etc) to help prove your talents
- The one thing you would most like to see happen on Codex in the next month
- Recruiters - Want to help bring new blood to Codex? We need people like you to invite new members and help get them signed up. Your team will be responsible for brainstorming and implementing ideas to bring in new members and occasionally running referral contests. You can get a taste of what recruiting is like during our upcoming Referral Contest in October!
- Content Creators - This team could potentially have several specialized people or just a few people that cover general topics. Ideally I would like to have several people who could have their own topics that they stick to and push out content such as guides, reviews, editorials, blogs and stories all pertaining to that topic.
- News Team - Dedicated to keeping our members up-to-date on the latest news in the games that we love, the news team will keep themselves busy bringing in updates from around the internet on topics that are of interest to the forum.
- Greeters - Some people are always there to help welcome new members to the forum, and not everyone does well at this job. Armed to the teeth with links to the very best get-started guides, Greeters are signing up for a never-ending cheerfest.
- Newbie Helpers - It takes a special sort of person to be consistently helpful, polite and courteous when guiding newbies around the forum and helping them find the resources they need. Whether it be answering questions, pointing to guides, or just giving helpful hints, Newbie Helpers have a very important job that must be handled with care and finesse.
- Project Managers - We have lots of lists floating around of things that we would like to see done. Project managers will be responsible for getting together specific people to work on a task and see it to completion, while reporting to their supervisor(s) on their progress and holding regular team meetings to keep everyone on the same page.
- Graphic Designers - Everything looks better with pretty pictures. These people will be our go-to for making awards, banners, comics, and other images for use around the forum.
- Programmers - I am really not the best person to say what we need in a programming team except that we need a team. Several people who specialize in all kinds of different things for a well rounded-out team with a little bit of redundancy so that no one programmer is bogged down with everything.
- Team Leaders - These people will help with the efforts of their team where needed but will ultimately be responsible for management of their teams. Team leaders will attend regular Lead Team Meetings to keep all of the other teams abreast of what's going on in their world and discuss what all of the teams could do to help each other out.
Discuss here who you think should be in what role, what you would like to see done, if you think this is a stupid idea and/or will fail, suggestions and/or feedback on teams/roles/responsibilities, etc.
Teams so far!
Content Creators: @baswick
News Team: @Bone and @Michaelhex
Newbie Helpers: @nitro and @SirBaggy
Project Managers: @Ivysaur
Graphic Designers: @punkrockbigmouth