• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

With the ever-present debate on what can be done to help the forum still going, and many people (even staff members) complaining and/or quitting because they feel unsupported in doing anything without waiting for months for any feedback much less approval or action, I have decided that it's time to stop waiting around and start doing something about it.  We have all of the resources we need within our members to help make this community what we all want it to be.

If you would like to be part of this, please let me know.  I am going to put together a team of forward-thinking individuals, and I will need people to fill certain roles within the team.

Please PM me or post here if you would like to be involved.  Include:
  • What role in which you feel you would be the most helpful
  • Specific examples of your behavior on the forum for reference applicable to the role - please point me directly to things that you want me to see, don't give generalities
  • Any personal portfolio items you would like to include (graphics, coding, etc) to help prove your talents
  • The one thing you would most like to see happen on Codex in the next month
Roles that I am looking for (subject to change):
  • Recruiters - Want to help bring new blood to Codex?  We need people like you to invite new members and help get them signed up.  Your team will be responsible for brainstorming and implementing ideas to bring in new members and occasionally running referral contests.  You can get a taste of what recruiting is like during our upcoming Referral Contest in October!
  • Content Creators - This team could potentially have several specialized people or just a few people that cover general topics.  Ideally I would like to have several people who could have their own topics that they stick to and push out content such as guides, reviews, editorials, blogs and stories all pertaining to that topic.
  • News Team - Dedicated to keeping our members up-to-date on the latest news in the games that we love, the news team will keep themselves busy bringing in updates from around the internet on topics that are of interest to the forum.
  • Greeters - Some people are always there to help welcome new members to the forum, and not everyone does well at this job.  Armed to the teeth with links to the very best get-started guides, Greeters are signing up for a never-ending cheerfest.
  • Newbie Helpers - It takes a special sort of person to be consistently helpful, polite and courteous when guiding newbies around the forum and helping them find the resources they need.  Whether it be answering questions, pointing to guides, or just giving helpful hints, Newbie Helpers have a very important job that must be handled with care and finesse.
  • Project Managers - We have lots of lists floating around of things that we would like to see done.  Project managers will be responsible for getting together specific people to work on a task and see it to completion, while reporting to their supervisor(s) on their progress and holding regular team meetings to keep everyone on the same page.
  • Graphic Designers - Everything looks better with pretty pictures.  These people will be our go-to for making awards, banners, comics, and other images for use around the forum.
  • Programmers - I am really not the best person to say what we need in a programming team except that we need a team.  Several people who specialize in all kinds of different things for a well rounded-out team with a little bit of redundancy so that no one programmer is bogged down with everything.
  • Team Leaders - These people will help with the efforts of their team where needed but will ultimately be responsible for management of their teams.  Team leaders will attend regular Lead Team Meetings to keep all of the other teams abreast of what's going on in their world and discuss what all of the teams could do to help each other out.
Ideally I will be able to recruit some leaders for these roles soon, who will be able to do their own recruiting and it won't all have to go through me after that.

Discuss here who you think should be in what role, what you would like to see done, if you think this is a stupid idea and/or will fail, suggestions and/or feedback on teams/roles/responsibilities, etc.

Teams so far!

Recruiters: @Napiform
Content Creators: @baswick
News Team: @Bone and @Michaelhex
Greeters:@Prisca
Newbie Helpers: @nitro and @SirBaggy
Project Managers: @Ivysaur
Graphic Designers: @punkrockbigmouth
Programmers: @Eefi
Team Leaders: 

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

Not specific enough.

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

I support this message.

Also, the referral contest will be starting VERY soon.. like by Friday. (Promise)
So you could somehow incorporate that into your Recruiter thingy..

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

I support this message.

Also, the referral contest will be starting VERY soon.. like by Friday. (Promise)
So you could somehow incorporate that into your Recruiter thingy..

Thanks!

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

I'm sending in my résumé right now. I was going to keep pretending to be all shitty, but it's too exhausting and too stupid even for me.

#6 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'm sending in my résumé right now. I was going to keep pretending to be all shitty, but it's too exhausting and too stupid even for me.

I appreciate the effort, though <3

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Im all for this, +1 admin approves. Let's improve and let the forum GROW like it should be!

Will add suggestions etc later when I have more free time on my hands :p

#8 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

I'm down to be a Project manager, News Team member, Team Leader, or Recruiter. :3

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

I will pm you when I have a bit more time.

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

I could be a Content Creator and a Newbie Helper. I make some pretty decent guides (in my opinion anyways, I'm very modest of course), and I do enjoy helping newbies. Sign me up please :)

I'm down to be a Project manager, News Team member, Team Leader, or Recruiter. :3

PM me my bbies, I need material to reference!  Or just post it here if you're brave ;)

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

I don't think I fit into any, but I'll cheer for you guys :p

Edited by Swarley, 24 September 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

I don't think I got into any, but I'll cheer for you guys :p

Your avatar is always giving me approval. I appreciate that.

#13 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'm a news junkie (I have a nickname ._.) so I could always do news team.

#14 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

I at one point wanted to start a Tumblr blog all about NeoCodex and what we have to offer, things that are coming up, advertising events, etc. This was all in my head of course.

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

I at one point wanted to start a Tumblr blog all about NeoCodex and what we have to offer, things that are coming up, advertising events, etc. This was all in my head of course.

This is something I also had all mapped out in my head once and would be happy to co-ordinate with you, if you're interested.

#16 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

This is something I also had all mapped out in my head once and would be happy to co-ordinate with you, if you're interested.

I've actually already got a tumblr page created xD I just haven't utilized it

I'll PM you about this later and we can coordinate stuff

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

I've actually already got a tumblr page created xD I just haven't utilized it

I'll PM you about this later and we can coordinate stuff

Sounds good.

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

Add some drama to the blof. People like drama. Or at least something that we Codexians see as nothing, but without context the average tumblr viewer would see it as drama. Drama is what keeps stupid blogs like dramarising and most, if not all, neopets tumblr blogs alive and kicking.

Or show how rich you are. That works too.

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

Add some drama to the blof. People like drama. Or at least something that we Codexians see as nothing, but without context the average tumblr viewer would see it as drama. Drama is what keeps stupid blogs like dramarising and most, if not all, neopets tumblr blogs alive and kicking.

Or show how rich you are. That works too.

people can send in screenshots of the Abrosia logs xD be like "see how much better we are!" or something like that idk

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

We have a perfectly (stagnant, yet available) Facebook/Twitter account(s) there for use too, so if someone wanted to look after advertising on behalf of the forum on there, let me/Nymh know!

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

We have a perfectly (stagnant, yet available) Facebook/Twitter account(s) there for use too, so if someone wanted to look after advertising on behalf of the forum on there, let me/Nymh know!

I've let you know multiple times I'd do it.

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

I've let you know multiple times I'd do it.

NOW IS THE TIME, IT SHALL BE YOU! :D In the past we have discussed this, but never really taken much extra thought to it. Now would be the perfect time to get it all put in place. I shall get the details for you and send them on through!

#23 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

You and @Rocket can work together too if you like :) @Napiform

Like, one on Twitter, the other Facebook? idk, you guys can work it out.

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

I'm a completely useless member of society so I'm of no help whatsoever, but here's to more activity!

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

NOW IS THE TIME, IT SHALL BE YOU! :D In the past we have discussed this, but never really taken much extra thought to it. Now would be the perfect time to get it all put in place. I shall get the details for you and send them on through!

The perfect time was actually 6 months ago.

You and @Rocket can work together too if you like :) @Napiform

Like, one on Twitter, the other Facebook? idk, you guys can work it out.

Whatever makes you most comfortable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, i need somebody, not just anybody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users