• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

You and @Rocket can work together too if you like :) @Napiform

Like, one on Twitter, the other Facebook? idk, you guys can work it out.

you can link multiple social media platforms now, so it's pretty easy to have one account and it would post the same info i.e twitter/fb

#27 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

The perfect time was actually 6 months ago.

Whatever makes you most comfortable.

This is true :/

you can link multiple social media platforms now, so it's pretty easy to have one account and it would post the same info i.e twitter/fb

I'm old and out of the loop, sorry :p Thanks for pointing that out though! Would definitely make things easier.

I'm a completely useless member of society so I'm of no help whatsoever, but here's to more activity!

No you're not! :o

#28 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

Holy shit, where have I been all my life? Oh right, I don't use facebook anymore because I mainly use my school email and cell phone for "social media things." I have most of my professors' phone number which is not weird at all.

#29 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

No you're not! :o

I'm far too distracted by my dead end job and growing hoard of video games to take up a space on a team. :p

#30 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

I'm far too distracted by my dead end job and growing hoard of video games to take up a space on a team. :p

Welp, in that case, cheer away! :p

#31 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

I know there are some hard feelings about shit not getting done when being brought up in the past.  Trust me, I feel you.  I've been there.  However!  Join me.  We'll make it better.

uwYw8mD.gif

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

I've already mentioned half of these ideas multiple areas, to different members, in different sections.

Excuse me if I don't get my hopes up after the last few years of constant disappointment.

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

I'm a completely useless member of society so I'm of no help whatsoever, but here's to more activity!

There always has to be spectators, I guess.

#34 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

I've already mentioned half of these ideas multiple areas, to different members, in different sections.

Excuse me if I don't get my hopes up after the last few years of constant disappointment.

Yep, I'm with you.  Which is why I said fuck it, I'm not waiting anymore.  We have lots of people that want to see change, and lots of people that are capable of great things, but everyone's waiting around for staff/admins to institute it and being disappointed when it doesn't happen.  Fuck it.  Let's just do it.

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

There always has to be spectators, I guess.

I'm sorry I was paying attention did something important happen?

You could be our gay sportsball fan I guess :p

Well duh.

#36 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

Keep the apps coming, guys!

Remember, with enough people helping out, this will NOT be a major time commitment.  Let's get as many people involved as we can so we can spread the love around!

Those who are applying for team leader positions will need to dedicate a little more time to keeping tabs on how things are going on a regular basis, communicating with the rest of their team and other team leaders, etc.

#37 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

Im all for this, +1 admin approves. Let's improve and let the forum GROW like it should be!

Will add suggestions etc later when I have more free time on my hands :p

Perpetual growth is inherently unsustainable, capitalist pig.

#38 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:48 AM

Remember, with enough people helping out, this will NOT be a major time commitment.

Well, even if it's just you and I, it will still not be a major time commitment. I have work, a 91 year old grandpa, and hours of wrestling to worry about.

Perpetual growth is inherently unsustainable, capitalist pig.

Go make some babies who will grow and love Neocodex product. Strat, Napiform, Nymh, and Kate have done their part. Come on, you.

#39 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

Go make some babies who will grow and love Neocodex product. Strat, Napiform, Nymh, and Kate have done their part. Come on, you.

He's too busy eating various parts of a sheep at the moment.

#40 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

He's too busy eating various parts of a sheep at the moment.

FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BETTER

#41 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

Whatever makes you most comfortable.

I vote we do whatever makes him the LEAST comfortable. My oh my how I love to see a man get uneasy. *rubs nipples*

#42 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

I vote we do whatever makes him the LEAST comfortable. My oh my how I love to see a man get uneasy. *rubs nipples*

He really gets squirmy when you milk his prostrate.

The only reason I know this is because he was talking about milking cats.

Just to clarify.

#43 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Sorry, I'm useless.

#44 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

I understand the intention but I can't help but feel this is far too fragmented - a number of these roles are already filled without the need for a team badge, and I think we can probably merge some.

We could shrink the number of new teams down to 3 (from 6).

• Content creators (regular contributors of guides, experts on various game subject matter, also encompassing the previous News Team role)
  • Graphic designers (aka graphics team)
  • Recruiting team (bringing new users to the forum)

... and keep the already established teams:

• Programmers
  • Contest team 

I don't think we need to go into any finer detail, and we especially don't need a "newbie helper" or "greeters" team as these two roles are already filled. I don't remember the last time an intro thread went ignored, or a new member didn't get help when they needed it (usually from @Napiform -- which is a big reason she got the MOTM award). Other forums might need to force people to do these things, but our members are friendly enough to do it without being prompted. Instead of establishing a team, why don't we just have an award for greeting & helping out members new to the forum? 

The more teams we have the harder this is going to be to manage. I also feel "project managers" and "team leaders" can naturally emerge rather than being appointed from the very beginning. Let people earn the "team leader" role through putting in hard work and then proving they're up for the job.

Overall, I totally support a re-jigging of the groups and teams here at Codex and we've already proven we can do that with some success if you look at the Contest team and the hard work done over the last year. My only worry is that we won't have enough people with the relevant skill-sets to fill these roles, but I have no idea how many responses you've received thus far.

---

As far as programming goes, as you already know, we are currently stricken by the current administration and there are ongoing recent discussions about this. I hope that if we can re-form some kind of team of like-minded people who are interested in contributing to some interesting projects and we may actually be able to innovate some. This is where a number of the issues we're seeing stems from, most else are just symptoms. 

Many of you might not play Neopets anymore, but please do not underestimate the effect new programs and tools could have on a new era of Neocodex. Don't forget, it's the reason you all joined in the first place!

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hey, Dan.

Why don't you start an unofficial programming team?

#46 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Sorry, I'm useless.

I feel this way as well. I would be down possibly for the graphic designers, but at the same time.... I dunno that I could commit, nor keep up with some of the talent here xD

#47 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

I feel this way as well. I would be down possibly for the graphic designers, but at the same time.... I dunno that I could commit, nor keep up with some of the talent here xD

Yup, we're in the same boat  :/

#48 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

Yup, we're in the same boat  :/

How would y'all feel about committing to just one graphics thing?

#49 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hey, Dan.

Why don't you start an unofficial programming team?

I kinda did, what with @Eefi and I working together on the attic analysis project with the help of @WaserLave . That project has now made neocodex members over 300M, which is a pretty serious achievement I think. I also have some more ideas in the pipeline but it'd be great to get some more help. @Napiform @Rocket @Scot have all been serious players in feeding me game specifics in order to improve it, too, so there's a little analysis team there too.

Would you be interested in contributing to a programming team? ;) I'm definitely interested in hearing any responses @Nymh has received regarding interested programmers. 

#50 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

I kinda did, what with @Eefi and I working together on the attic analysis project with the help of @WaserLave . That project has now made neocodex members over 300M, which is a pretty serious achievement I think. I also have some more ideas in the pipeline but it'd be great to get some more help. @Napiform @Rocket @Scot have all been serious players in feeding me game specifics in order to improve it, too, so there's a little analysis team there too.

Would you be interested in contributing to a programming team? ;) I'm definitely interested in hearing any responses @Nymh has received regarding interested programmers.

Congrats.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, i need somebody, not just anybody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users