• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'll give us a fiver if you can tell me the extent of imperial colonising has affected* Saudi Arabia to the extent that the British/Dutch still have a direct influence.

Same deal.

Saudi Arabia wasn't colonised. That doesn't negate the fact that half of the world was...

#27 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

Saudi Arabia wasn't colonised.

There you have it. Racism is dead.

#28 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

Saudi Arabia wasn't colonised. That doesn't negate the fact that half of the world was...

Fine, China, India or the UAE.

#29 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hey yeah, don't we pay people in India like $1 an hour to answer phone calls with complicated questions about insurance claims processing, computer malfunctions and things of that nature? We are HELPING them.

#30 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Fine, China, India or the UAE.

Here's a short paper about the legacy of imperialism on India.

An excerpt:

The unification of a diverse region left the central government weak in its role for centrally planned development, and comparative advantage and the opening of the economy may have led to India’s subservient position in the modern world market. Combined with negative institutional arrangements from the land tenure system, an infrastructure skewed away from the needs of the majority, and mass resource extraction from the Indian economy, it seems that the overall impact of British colonialism in India may have done more harm than good.

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

Other than the fact it placed India on the world market and doesn't answer the question of how Europeans control foreign countries as of the present day?

#32 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

Other than the fact it placed India on the world market and doesn't answer the question of how Europeans control foreign countries as of the present day?

No one said that Europeans control foreign countries, only that white people hold institutional power over non-white people. By residing in countries that benefited from imperialism at the expense of the primarily non white regions they colonized.

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

So white people who live abroad have an unfair disadvantage over the natives? South Africa would like a word.

(Also yes, someone did claim that white people still hold direct influence ove foreign countries).

But let's just leave all the facts out to prove a point. White people cannot be the victims of racism. Ever.

#34 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

So white people who live abroad have an unfair disadvantage over the natives? South Africa would like a word.

(Also yes, someone did claim that white people still hold direct influence ove foreign countries).

But let's just leave all the facts out to prove a point. White people cannot be the victims of racism. Ever.

Um...apartheid was a thing...that didn't end until 1994...white South Africans still are profoundly better off than anyone else in the country...

Who?

What facts are being left out?

#35 Riku

Riku
  • 72 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hey yeah, don't we pay people in India like $1 an hour to answer phone calls with complicated questions about insurance claims processing, computer malfunctions and things of that nature? We are HELPING them.

Actually, we're doing irreversible damage to our economy, the Indian economy, and their general sociopolitical stability... not really helping. At all.

#36 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

No one said white people still have direct control we're saying they still hold white privilege in colonialized countries. So are you going to continue throwing out countries until something sticks because I'd rather you didn't.

Actually, we're doing irreversible damage to our economy, the Indian economy, and their general sociopolitical stability... not really helping. At all.

True. I just wanted to inform you that Punk is being 100% sarcastic

#37 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

Tumblr is leaking again...

If relying on the 'sociological' definition of racism makes you feel better about directing hate toward one race then fine, but I don't see how it makes you any better than your alleged oppressors.

#38 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

But... but JOBS. They have jobs thanks to us. Yes, 9 times out of 10 they have no idea what I need them to do for me, but... JOBS.

True. I just wanted to inform you that Punk is being 100% sarcastic

I've been told there's really no point in my posting at all. Certain persons on this forum have let me know how my opinion is either unwelcome or doesn't matter and that everything I say is shit. Yet here I remain. I confuse even myself.

#39 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

Certain persons on this forum have let me know how my opinion is either unwelcome or doesn't matter and that everything I say is shit. Yet here I remain. I confuse even myself.

My avatar gives you approval. Keep posting.

#40 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

But... but JOBS. They have jobs thanks to us. Yes, 9 times out of 10 they have no idea what I need them to do for me, but... JOBS.

I've been told there's really no point in my posting at all. Certain persons on this forum have let me know how my opinion is either unwelcome or doesn't matter and that everything I say is shit. Yet here I remain. I confuse even myself.

I UNWELCOME YOUR OPINION

#41 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

My avatar gives you approval. Keep posting.

FINALLY, the validation I've been denied for so many years. You're on the list, Swarley. The "Not Shit" list.

#42 Riku

Riku
  • 72 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Ahh there's the sarcasm. :lol2:

#43 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

If relying on the 'sociological' definition of racism makes you feel better about directing hate toward one race then fine, but I don't see how it makes you any better than your alleged oppressors.

Hush Dan, you're white so not allowed an opinion.

#44 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Mu hate toward which race exactly?

#45 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

I dunno, Latvians?

#46 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/White_guilt

#47 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Can't we all just be friends? :(

The conversation has long since diffused so please if you want to respond, respond on topic :p

#48 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

Just make sure not to post the word "fuck", or your post will be removed.

#49 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

How about we stop complicating what the term 'racism' actually means, and break it down to the bare-boned truth.

Racism : the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

White people can be racist, black people can be racist, Asian people can be racist, pacific islander's can be racist, Hispanic people can be racist. Any ethnicity / skin color can feel hatred towards another, or their own ethnicity. 

I must be some kind of racist for feeling this way.

2clever4me

#50 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

Any other time someone calls another user "fucking stupid" they get warned, consistency, unbiased moderating, etc etc. Sorry if you disagree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users