Quantcast

Photo

Are Grades in School a Reflection of Your Potential Success in Life?

merica grades high school college

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

Grades are a reflection of your potential success if you define your success by a lifestyle that commands good grades.

Everyones definition of success is subjective therefore it's difficult to say whether they are or not, objectively.

#52 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Grades are a reflection of your potential success if you define your success by a lifestyle that commands good grades.

Everyones definition of success is subjective therefore it's difficult to say whether they are or not, objectively.

Yes, the grades themselves are subjective indeed...and another can of worms altogether is opened in that grades can either be earned or bought, as well as factors such as a grade from University X being altogether more significant (even if lower) than a grade from University Y or Z...and no comparison at all with a diploma mill grade (for those who weigh just a grade in and of itself, hair splitting really DOES get this maddening).

#53 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

@CaptainDantes

Side note - I was recently prescribed ritalin and my grades have since soared. I've always been hesitant to rely on drugs to improve your life, but that's a debate for another board I guess.

Dude, what was life like before and after ritalin? I have never wanted to take any medication, but I know I have ADD (possibly ADHD). But I have always still gotten super good grades. I am still doing really well in med school, but I am having huge trouble studying. It is gonna bite me in the ass someday.

#54 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

@CaptainDantes

Dude, what was life like before and after ritalin? I have never wanted to take any medication, but I know I have ADD (possibly ADHD). But I have always still gotten super good grades. I am still doing really well in med school, but I am having huge trouble studying. It is gonna bite me in the ass someday.

Some people are strong enough to work through the problem like you and my brother. But what the ritalin does is mostly help keep you focused on the task at hand. You can still get distracted very easily, but as long as you can divert yourself back to your work it helps to keep you there. For me also, it helps me retain information I've studied. I don't know if these are the same effects for everyone though.

#55 Derpious

Derpious
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 326 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

Nope.

#56 herbs916

herbs916
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

good grades helps you get ahead in life.  but it is the same as hard work

#57 vay

vay
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

It depends. There are people with amazing talents that exceed the limited potential of earning great grades, and all that is taught in school will not necessarily contribute to success itself. However, a person who is hard working with good grades can also have better opportunities for success in the form of being accepted into a better college and in general better grades in college that help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, grades, high school, college

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users