8 replies to this topic

#1 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:14 AM

24e6ygy.jpg

The beauty contest…no it has nothing to do with wearables or grooming your pets.

What it really is, is a contest to show off your pets and artistic skills*

and drag one of these shiny trophies in to make the lookup of your pets spiffier!

trophy_beauty_1.giftrophy_beauty_2.giftrophy_beauty_3.gif

* Not needed but it could help you win.

Step 1: Choose wisely!

The first thing you want to figure out is of course, which pet you’re going to enter.

Behold that this isn’t without consequences.

Some categories have high competition (such as Aisha’s, Kacheeks,…the cuddly pets you get it.)

If you have a Korbat, Kau or *shudder* Ogrin, well then you’re in luck because these have very little to zero competition.

The only other pets besides the high competition you need to look out for are Draiks and Krawks,

because these pets tend to have the artistic owners and very hard competition!

Step 2: Get creative!

So you’re supposed to make your own entry *shift eyes* but what the hell,

we’re a cheating forum and there’s loads of artists on here who are willing to work for you at the right price J

*cough* me *cough*

While making your entry there’s a few things you need to keep in mind.

First of all, TNT doesn’t allow antro, so if your entry looks anything like a human or half human half pet,

you’re screwed and either get rejected or you manage to get in but get a warning afterwards.

Second of all, don’t edit already existing Neopets images with paint, photoshop or SAI.

You won’t get in.

bc_3.jpg

What will get you in and attract votes are unique designs with effort in them.

Entries with bright colors, nice shading and detail and even animation get a massive amount of votes.

Voting is mostly about first impressions so you need to stand out!

Step 3: Submit that shit!

The beauty contest is a weekly occurrence and begins every Friday at 12pm NST so have your entry submitted by then!

But be aware there is a size limit.

Your entry can only be 75k or under because otherwise you’ll get an error and crash the servers.

And they already have such a crappy server L

Step 4: *dun dun DUN* ADVERTISING!

The most hated part about entering the Beauty Contest. You need to advertise to win!

But don’t be dreading! We’re cheaters, we have a neoboard autobumper :p

To advertise you simply go to the art board and make a topic.

It’s very handy to have a link to your entry (http://www.neopets.c...pet=YOURPETNAME) in your neoboard signature while bumping so people don’t have to search. They’re lazy.

Again, creative boards attract attention.

Nobody wants to see thousands of “ *petname* the *pet* would like your vote L “ boards.

And lastly some reminders when advertising:

Asking your friends to vote for you is not allowed –but we don’t agree with that so you can always PM me to vote for you!- just don’t do it on neo.

The art board is slow sometimes but there’s loads of people on the PC board that vote! Go spam them J

Join a large guild! It really does wonders and you’ll look more legit!

Step 5: WINNING! –or not-

Don’t be sad if you don’t win, there’s always next week, and you can enter the same picture more than once!

If you did win, congrats! You’ll now have a shiny new trophy on your pets look-up to show off!

And if you’re very lucky and win GOLD, you’ll notice you can’t enter again for the next 4 months.

This is called a goldban. But hey, you have at least 3 more pets to enter!

If there’s any more questions/concerns, or you’d like to commission an entry feel free to PM me ;)

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

I've never tried it before, but your guide is really good, so I might give a try. Thank you!

#3 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

This is a very good and informative guide. A+. :D
I also wouldn't mind drawing entries for people (if that's allowed here)

#4 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

This is a very good and informative guide. A+. :D
I also wouldn't mind drawing entries for people (if that's allowed here)

Pretty sure it is :)

#5 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

Pretty sure it is :)

Which is the easiest pet to get a trophy for? I wouldn't mind morphing one of my pets and paying someone such as yourself to make something for me.

Edited by talbs, 01 October 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#6 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Which is the easiest pet to get a trophy for? I wouldn't mind morphing one of my pets and paying someone such as yourself to make something for me.

Cute pets tend to get lots of votes, I'm really biased because I only have Draiks but I managed to get them trophies 3 out of 4 times I entered. Advertising is just really important but good art helps.

#7 AntiqueLily

AntiqueLily
  • 37 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

Nice guide, thanks!

#8 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

Might be trying in the next round - this guide is perfect. I may not be the best at drawing, but I'm a world-class tracer. Thanks for the guide!

#9 Rilianie

Rilianie
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the guide, I was contemplating entering. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, beauty contest, bc, neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users