58 replies to this topic

#1 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:24 PM

Discuss the game below!

I really like the Mii characters, I have some really funny Miis that are simply awesome in the game :D

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Ableist Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

No.

#3 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

No.

Why no?

#4 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Robin is now one of my mains

the magic attacks just feel right
lmao we should have a smash contest

#5 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 8,997 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

Wii U version comes out the same day as ORAS in North America.

Source!

So get your wallets ready, nerds.

#6 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2,480 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

The Villager is a load of fun to use!! And then I like those Mii Fighters, Little Mac and Captain Falcon tooo~ ^^

God filling out this second achievement panel is hard though :x

#7 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

Captain falcon is so much better than before! Much easier to control, I always felt in brawl he was too heavy and fast at the same time, which I can't handle well :p

#8 Romy

Romy

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

TIME FOR A SMASH FEST.

(I'm gonna wait a while for people to get used to the game though.)

#9 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

TIME FOR A SMASH FEST.

(I'm gonna wait a while for people to get used to the game though.)

*cough* know what rules we are going to go by?

#10 Romy

Romy

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

*cough* know what rules we are going to go by?

Standard "For Glory" rules.

2-3 stock. No items. Final D.

#11 Piplup

Piplup
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Standard "For Glory" rules.

2-3 stock. No items. Final D.

and fox only 

joke aside I need to start working on not falling of the stage 

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 8,997 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

No items.

Pfff nope.

#13 Romy

Romy

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

Pfff nope.

NOOB.
(And I forgot to battle you again)

#14 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

Items are WAYYYY OP. Even more so than brawl. Final smashes are so cool though <3

#15 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1,613 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:34 AM

I just noticed that my circle pad is ruined. Barely played Smash Bros for a few hours since the release. Although my boyfriend also tried it out so I won't know if my own grip is too hard or if it's his fault. It didn't fall off, but it doesn't snap back anymore and needs a lot of force to move at all. I never had the impression that I press buttons too hard. >_>" Super disappointed in the flimsy console, also the repair service is a joke since I can just buy a new one for the price.

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 8,997 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

I'm super paranoid mine will fall off some time. I unintentionally press the circle pad really hard sometimes.

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1,613 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

Ok so I ripped the rubber pad off and turns out there is a round piece of plastic between the rubber and the actual stick which broke into pieces. On normal presses the pad would sink in a bit into the console and the pad is stuck because the spacing is messed up and the rubber piece scrubs against the console case.

I cut an equal sized piece of plastic from a credit card, glued it to the back of the rubber pad and glued this back to the stick. Now it's a little off center but it seems to work =_=" I also bought replacement parts. Should the home-made solution break again, I'll post my experiences with replacing the circle pad.

#18 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

My best character is actually the Mii -.- But the brawler has some pretty awesome alternate moves! I use (in order) Exploding Side Kick (3), Onslaught (default), Piston Punch (3), and Foot Flurry (3). I just spam side b and down b (Onslaught and Foot Flurry) because those have huge range and do a good amount of damage.  

As for equipment, I really dig the anti-leap boots. You get a HUGE amount of speed for a tiny decrease of attack, which can be easily regained from other equipment. The end result is a really fast brawler that has huge range :)

#19 Romy

Romy

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Ok so I ripped the rubber pad off and turns out there is a round piece of plastic between the rubber and the actual stick which broke into pieces. On normal presses the pad would sink in a bit into the console and the pad is stuck because the spacing is messed up and the rubber piece scrubs against the console case.

I cut an equal sized piece of plastic from a credit card, glued it to the back of the rubber pad and glued this back to the stick. Now it's a little off center but it seems to work =_=" I also bought replacement parts. Should the home-made solution break again, I'll post my experiences with replacing the circle pad.

#20 willy101

willy101
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

I love Little Mac. He really has a fluid fighting style. Also in case anyone was wondering Nintendo servers were unstable yesterday. Check here for the current status.

http://www.nintendo....work_status.jsp

#21 TectonicRobot

TectonicRobot
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

I don't think no items, 2 stocks, final destination is the best stage to play; mostly because platformless stages favor projectile users over other characters. My current main is Wario; is anyone here familiar with his momentum glitch? If you hold up and another direction when you get hit, you rocket off in that direction! Its a ton of fun.

#22 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

Does it have to be final destination? We have that Omega version of every stage.

Also, I played the game for two days and I'm fucking pissed that movement is with the circle pad. I want the D pad so badly because i can be more precise with it.

#23 Romy

Romy

• 4,738 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

Does it have to be final destination? We have that Omega version of every stage.

Also, I played the game for two days and I'm fucking pissed that movement is with the circle pad. I want the D pad so badly because i can be more precise with it.

Tilts would be impossible though :/

I think Omega versions would be fine too.

I don't think no items, 2 stocks, final destination is the best stage to play; mostly because platformless stages favor projectile users over other characters. My current main is Wario; is anyone here familiar with his momentum glitch? If you hold up and another direction when you get hit, you rocket off in that direction! Its a ton of fun.

Yeah. Wario has a vectoring glitch that's pretty annoying right now.

And meh. I think platformless stages make it super easy (as far as a lever field is concerned). I'll leave it to vote I guess when we get there.

#24 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2,341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

How have I never seen this!? *table flips*

Fox, Dark Pit, Robin are the ones I like :3

#25 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

Tilts would be impossible though :/

I've never played melee when I was young so I always used the sideways wii remote as my controller of choice. I did tilts perfectly fine on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users