• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

I like Mr. Game and Watch a lot. His smashes are so powerful, and his agility is pretty damn good.

#27 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

I don't like characters whos animation doesn't match up the kinematics. Like for Game and Watch, his side smash with the fire torch is sow, but characters get knocked back really hard.

#28 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

I don't like characters whos animation doesn't match up the kinematics. Like for Game and Watch, his side smash with the fire torch is sow, but characters get knocked back really hard.

I really like it like that, because people don't expect to get KO'd. An element of surprise!

#29 Keil

Keil

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

By the way, @nitro do you hate fighting Little Mac? I fucking hate versing people who use him. He DOESN'T FLINCH ONCE HE LAUNCHES AN ATTACK. As a stunner/barrage type of player, it annoys me like fuck.

#30 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1,613 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

By the way, @nitro do you hate fighting Little Mac? I fucking hate versing people who use him. He DOESN'T FLINCH ONCE HE LAUNCHES AN ATTACK. As a stunner/barrage type of player, it annoys me like fuck.

How does he work? I've only played against bots until now and he seems to make more damage when he received a lot of damage? @[email protected]"

#31 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Aaaaand after fighting people online one on one, I finally realize how much I suck qq

#32 Keil

Keil

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:17 PM

How does he work? I've only played against bots until now and he seems to make more damage when he received a lot of damage? @[email protected]"

I don't know how he works. All I know, there is a pictorial arrow counter on his %damage counter. The more hits he gives and receive, the higher the bar go. Once he reaches full red, he can launch a very strong, (maybe shield-breaking, not sure) strong hit that thankfully can miss if you steer clear of its range. I hate Little Mac for that on top of no flinching when launching an attack. I played a Little Mac abuser on campus this weekend and I won purely by grabbing him, throw him off the ledge and then hit him farther so he can't reach the edge. If I played on a non-floating platform stage, no doubt I would have lost.

#33 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

Actally Mr. Game and Watch's regular B attack is really awesome. It's really good at preventing opponent recovery, especially at ledges. Also, it can potentially trap a stupid opponent. This one time in Online 1 vs 1, I managed to spam B and deal like 50 damage :p

#34 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

Game and Watch's down B when charged is a one hit KO. That means any energy projectile character (Pikachu, Lucario, Mario, Samuses, etc.) are pretty vulnerable if they use their projectiles. You have been warned  :reaper:

#35 Keil

Keil

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Wait, Samuses? The rocket projectile of non zero-suit can be absorbed?

#36 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wait, Samuses? The rocket projectile of non zero-suit can be absorbed?

Regular B is a energy charge, which can be absorbed. Rockets cannot be absorbed.

#37 Romy

Romy
  • Ableist Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4,745 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

If you guys aren't using Ness, you suck.

js

#38 Keil

Keil

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

js

Lucas upward vomit 5ever.

Regular B is a energy charge, which can be absorbed. Rockets cannot be absorbed.

Yeah, duh. I forgot that. The one person I play against often is a non-special user and focuses more on melee combos so I never see him use most of Samus's specials. 

#39 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

js

Ness's up and down smash sucks, and his up b has too much room for error for me when recovering :p

#40 Romy

Romy

• 4,745 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

Ness's up and down smash sucks, and his up b has too much room for error for me when recovering :p

You just don't know how to use the Yo-yo of doom.

#41 Swar

Swar
  • com muito orgulho, com muito amor <3

• 9,070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

My favorite so far is Greninja. He's kinda hard to control because of the speed, but I'm getting used to it. I still need to try half of the characters, though.

#42 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

Omg I actually like Little Mac. He sucks, but I like him xD

#43 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

AHHHHHHH

Lucas, Roy, and Ryu are out as DLC!!! Ryu is so cool :D

#44 Keil

Keil

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:45 PM

AHHHHHHH

Lucas, Roy, and Ryu are out as DLC!!! Ryu is so cool :D

I just played all three today for 3DS and Wii U.

Roy is a weird hybrid between Marth and Ike--Marth's speed with Ike's fire.

Ryu is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW (by my standards since I'm a quick melee type) but powerful. His Hadouken is laughable slow if not used correctly.

Lucas vomits upward as per usual.

#45 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:47 PM

I just played all three today for 3DS and Wii U.

Roy is a weird hybrid between Marth and Ike--Marth's speed with Ike's fire.

Ryu is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW (by my standards since I'm a quick melee type) but powerful. His Hadouken is laughable slow if not used correctly.

Lucas vomits upward as per usual.

If I could only buy one, which should I pick?

#46 Keil

Keil

• 6,345 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

Hmmmmmm... Buy all three--not because I'm secretly a Nintendo guerrilla marketing fiend, but because I have no idea what your style is like without fighting you directly and I hate online play enough to not try a match. The lag is crippling for me. Ask @Romy 

#47 Romy

Romy

• 4,745 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

Hmmmmmm... Buy all three--not because I'm secretly a Nintendo guerrilla marketing fiend, but because I have no idea what your style is like without fighting you directly and I hate online play enough to not try a match. The lag is crippling for me. Ask @Romy 

Yup. I feel like you'd be terrifying to fight in person though.

#48 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

Bumpity bump from the grave...

So I bought the recent DLC characters (Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta), and I think Cloud and Corrin are the most user friendly of the DLCs. Super super fun, and Cloud's Finishing Touch killing at ~60% and Corrin's counter killing at 0% (when a strong enough move is countered) is pretty awesome. Has anyone bought these DLC?

#49 Romy

Romy

• 4,745 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

Bumpity bump from the grave...

So I bought the recent DLC characters (Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta), and I think Cloud and Corrin are the most user friendly of the DLCs. Super super fun, and Cloud's Finishing Touch killing at ~60% and Corrin's counter killing at 0% (when a strong enough move is countered) is pretty awesome. Has anyone bought these DLC?

Ryu has a reaaaaally steep learning curve but he's a monster in the right hands.

#50 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Ryu has a reaaaaally steep learning curve but he's a monster in the right hands.

Yeah, his Street Fighter inputs are so hard to actually do in fights xP Ryu does have an insane combo game with guaranteed followups, it's just a matter of being able to start them.

Like look at the first game of this match... 2nd best player in the world vs. a newbie Ryu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users